Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Calling all Brides!

Unread post by thelittlefamilyof3 »

This is a fun section!

Who else is getting married?!

I'm 30 days away from my wedding and I have a panic attack every time I think about how much I still have to do. Holy sheeeeet!
http://fattypcosnomore.blogspot.com/
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Calling all Brides!

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I'm getting married in less than 25 days (23 to be specific...assuming I did the math right LOL, October 19th) and I'm stressing quite a bit in the last few weeks, but things will be coming together soon. My biggest problem is my fiance assumed (even being previously married) that oh, we can just find someone to civilly marry us when we get our marriage license...wellllll not so much. So today I'm calling the courthouse to find out if we can go ahead and make it legal sooner than the actual day, not mention it to anyone in either family, and then still have the ceremony and reception (but with a friend of ours "officiating")...because SO much money has been put into everything already and I don't want to jip people, you know what I mean? Ugh.

Oh and then there's the whole MIL drama with her not having enough money all of a sudden to pay for our reception...which means we need to REALLY re-think food, enough for 100 people. Thankfully only about 50 have RSVPed so far, so I'm gonna expect roughly 80 (that's guests + wedding party) and do the food math from there this weekend. Then we'll go buy stuff the week of and that stress will be done.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Chatabox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Chatabox »

I'm getting married on the 1st March in Fiji.
Fully booked, and no stress here. It's awesome!
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Breeandbabies »

I got engaged just last week! A wedding date was set for Sunday, June 22! We'll be getting married in Las Vegas! My mom wated to book a venue as a surprise, so she's doing that. I've been doing my guest list, it entails about 150 people. Our reception can hopefully be held at a ballroom on the strip, my FMIL is gonna suppose book us that (: I'm so so so excited! I'm gonna order my cake in December from Frieds bakery, when I visit Vegas. My dress in ordering probably beginning of May, so I can be post partum. We are going to have the colors be gold, and champagne. With accents of Grey/silver. My older girls will be y maid of honor, and my bfs best man is hi BFF. My 2nd daughter a flower girl. We're getting catering from a wedding gift from my fiances old work, which is Italian food! Anything else? Lol I'm soooo excited!
gossip_lover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gossip_lover »

Your oldest daughter is daughter is going to be your maid of honor? Or did I misunderstand? Lol
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Lol no haha my oldest will be the maid of honor, she'll be 3. & my fiances sister will be one too, kinda wierd, but whatever haha
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Update for me!

We have a menu finalized and are going food shopping on the next two Tuesdays, since on Tuesday at our bulk store we can use my grandma's senior discount (haha). Also, we found someone to marry us! I had to go to a neighboring county to do it, but it still got done. Now we're just getting everything done/finalized...just cleared everything with my DJ and my family friend making my cake. The girl who did my engagement pictures is doing a lot of decorations for us as well, but is in Oregon for a family member's funeral and will be back next week - all she and I have to do is grab tablecloths and then everything is basically done! :)
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

I just finalized my brides maids list, and my fiance, has all his grooms men lined up.

We have 5 pairs, and one trio. (and then me lol)

My two girls and my cousin (girl) are the "flowergirls

then its my brother & my fiance's sister
then my bff, and his bff as the maid of honor/best man

the rest are just friends/relatives, haha they're all excited..

The guys are wearing tuxes.
My flower girls are wearing giant gold dresses, with ivory bows in the middle.
but, I'm not 100% sure on the other girls.
i like the idea of ivory dresses, with silver belts, but is that too much white, since I'll be in a white dress? But then I think gold for everyone is just tooooo much, and the flower girls already have them. :/
any ideas? I want to decide by Nov 1st.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Are your only colors going to be white and gold, Bree? I'm being an oddball and having a beachy/"shore" (since the area I'm from is known as the Eastern Shore) themed wedding with navy blue, gold, and ivory. My girls are wearing dark blue dresses and my flower girl is in an ivory dress with little dark gold bejeweled-ness all over it (lol). What about doing silver dresses for the bridesmaids, since you mentioned silver belts?
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Breeandbabies wrote:I just finalized my brides maids list, and my fiance, has all his grooms men lined up.

We have 5 pairs, and one trio. (and then me lol)

My two girls and my cousin (girl) are the "flowergirls

then its my brother & my fiance's sister
then my bff, and his bff as the maid of honor/best man

the rest are just friends/relatives, haha they're all excited..

The guys are wearing tuxes.
My flower girls are wearing giant gold dresses, with ivory bows in the middle.
but, I'm not 100% sure on the other girls.
i like the idea of ivory dresses, with silver belts, but is that too much white, since I'll be in a white dress? But then I think gold for everyone is just tooooo much, and the flower girls already have them. :/
any ideas? I want to decide by Nov 1st.
Maybe have the flower girls wear ivory and the BMs wear gold. Ivory is close to white and normally the flower girls look the most like the bride. That is if its not too late to change the FGs dresses. If so, maybe do the ivory with gold accents or belts/sashes to make them look noticeably different.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^^ That's a thought too, and I have no idea why I didn't think of that since my dress and my FG's dress are both ivory.
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Yeah, I think I might change the flower girls dresses, I just though they were adorable! Lol

My colors are ivory/champagne & light gold.. But I think I'm gonna have to add it another color, so I'm thinking probably silver, or teal
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

My colors are Tiffany blue, cream and burlap.
Caleb and I are having a beach ceremony here in Florida. But our "theme" is country chic. I.e mason jars, burlap, metal buckets, lol.
So cliche, I know.
We have 2 bridesmaids and my maid of honor, and 2 groomsman, and his brother is his best man.
We didn't feel the need for a big wedding, but we are inviting 100+ guests. We figure about 60-70 will actually show up.
We've planned for dinner to be barbecue and we're having glass bottled cokes, lol.
Our cake is being made by a friend of my father's who is such an extraordinary baker.
It's planned for November 1, 2014.
It may be cooler on the beach, but it's a night ceremony.
I haven't found my dress yet, and I'm actually not excited to go looking? I don't know. Meh.
But the groomsman and my handsome guy will be wearing khakis and white button ups.
My girls... I have no idea what they're wearing.

Our ceremony is going to be about 10 minutes long, lol. So, I'm pretty excited.
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

whatsername_ wrote:My colors are Tiffany blue, cream and burlap.
Caleb and I are having a beach ceremony here in Florida. But our "theme" is country chic. I.e mason jars, burlap, metal buckets, lol.
So cliche, I know.
We have 2 bridesmaids and my maid of honor, and 2 groomsman, and his brother is his best man.
We didn't feel the need for a big wedding, but we are inviting 100+ guests. We figure about 60-70 will actually show up.
We've planned for dinner to be barbecue and we're having glass bottled cokes, lol.
Our cake is being made by a friend of my father's who is such an extraordinary baker.
I haven't found my dress yet, and I'm actually not excited to go looking? I don't know. Meh.
But the groomsman and my handsome guy will be wearing khakis and white button ups.

those colors sound awesome! I think it's gonna be a lot of fun! I always told my fiance before, that I wanted either a reallllly laid back, or realllllyy done up wedding. We went with a super elegant one! although, you're wedding sounds like a blast! I'm such a sucker for BBQ, and has almost called to order my BBQ catering, but my mom made the observation that with everyone all done up BBQ sauce was not the best idea, and finger foods were a no. so we're going with italian, a little messy, but you can eat it with a fork, unlike ribs, and corn on the cob. :D
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Our wedding is soooo not gonna be fancy, lol. Caleb and I are a pretty laid back couple. So that's what we're going for.
I do love going to an extravagant wedding, though. So romantic.
What am I talking about? I love any kind of wedding. :love2:
I'm a sap, lol.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

whatsername_ wrote:My colors are Tiffany blue, cream and burlap.
So cliche, I know.

You should post pictures here when you start getting stuff together.
Your wedding sounds a lot like how mine's going to be. But mine's just with burlap/brown, cream/ivory and lace for now.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

http://www.pinkprincess.com/d5715-cp.html Flower girl dresses
http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/d ... 2887-taupe Bridesmaids dresses
http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/d ... 8-palomino maid of honors dress

& my dress!!!!! http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cf ... =12&page=2

They've all been ordered(: so thrilled. Now we need shoes & jewelry. & as soon as I know what gender my baby is gonna be, I can get their outfit(:
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

We can't see your dress, I keep getting redirected back to the thread...=(
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Really? Aww.. I think it's because you Need a account. When I get on my computer tommorow ill just link a direct picture(:
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Really? Aww.. I think it's because you Need a account. When I get on my computer tommorow ill just link a direct picture(:

Return to “Wedding Planning”