Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Shameless
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Unread post by Shameless »

Even though I am no where near the point of getting engaged or married I thought it might be fun for us to all post our dream rings (or your own rings if you are engaged and/or married).

I'll start us off with mine.

I really want a square aquamarine/turqouise coloured engagement ring. Like this one:

And for my wedding ring I want a plain diamond band like this one:

Now share yours!

Bonus question - Post your dream wedding dress!
whatsername_

Re: Post your dream engagement/wedding rings!

Unread post by whatsername_ »

My dream engagement ring is the one I have. <3

It says the board quota has been reached???
Shameless
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Shameless »

^^^ Hmm, not sure what that means, maybe because I posted huge images. I will try to reduce their size and see if that works.

Whoops, looks like I'm too late to edit my original post. Maybe we should just post links?
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Awesome im gonna leave this page open on my bfs phone lol. We had a ring picked out that I was in love with saved on my tablet and it broke. So the ring is forever lost lol
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Nah, that's why all pics are being posted to tinypic. Pretty sure Morgan and Lulu have been contacted and I posted on the help board awhile ago and nothing. No one gives a shit about us.
#FreeBen
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

It looked like this.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v362s8&s=8
but the band had the swirls and the engagement ring was straight. If that makes sense lol. I'm so sad that we lost the website it was on
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I want something very antique looking with lots of detail.

This so far is my favorite.

And surprising not expensive; basically anything from Verragio is a go.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."

Unread post by Guest »

Let me just warn all you lovely ladies.

So, I got my dream engagement ring, and I wish someone had told me this before. But, the halo of diamonds around the center aren't as resilient as you would think. Four times already, the corner diamond has come out. It just happens, and when I have talked to other diamond companies, it's one of the number one reasons why they beg you to buy insurance on these cushion style rings.

I got a cushion style Vera Wang ring that included hidden sapphires, and while I wouldn't trade it for the world, I still wish I had known about the issue with corner diamonds and diamonds in cushion settings.

Here are the photos and of course, the day I went to a huge rival football game and lost a diamond in the corner. :( Thankfully, I have three insurance policies on this bad boy so I am able to get it fixed every time, but it sucks being without it.

and the missing corner diamond

Unread post by Guest »

Oh, and another tip for dresses, try not to have a certain dress stuck in your mind unless you know for sure your body shape will go well in that dress. I wanted nothing poofy at all, and I wanted a slim fitting, somewhat flowy dress, and MAYBE mermaid style, but holy hell, they looked like crap on me. My grandmother told me I looked like Kim Kardashian with a big butt in the dresses I tried on.

I ended up trying on a ballgown style (which I HATED) dress because I was running out of options and I hated it on the rack. I cried when I put it on because I loved it so much. It had pockets too, which I loved.

Unread post by Guest »

briannaspeaks wrote:I want something very antique looking with lots of detail.

Verragio and not expensive don't go in the same sentence. If you are buying an authentic Verragio, it doesn't come with the center diamond. You have to buy them on top of the band. Verragio is my favorite diamond company and if you select a flawless, perfectly clear colored diamond and perfect clarity, the ring almost doubles and triples.

A single diamond in D color and perfect clarity at just HALF a carat starts at around $3500 to $4000 from Verragio. Most of their rings with the center stone are 12k and up.

Unread post by Guest »

hjl226 wrote:It looked like this.
but the band had the swirls and the engagement ring was straight. If that makes sense lol. I'm so sad that we lost the website it was on

This is an infinity style ring. I looked "infinity style" and found this! http://mdcdiamonds.com/engagementdetail ... Country=US#
whatsername_

OhReallyNow wrote:

Verragio and not expensive don't go in the same sentence. If you are buying an authentic Verragio, it doesn't come with the center diamond. You have to buy them on top of the band. Verragio is my favorite diamond company and if you select a flawless, perfectly clear colored diamond and perfect clarity, the ring almost doubles and triples.

A single diamond in D color and perfect clarity at just HALF a carat starts at around $3500 to $4000 from Verragio. Most of their rings with the center stone are 12k and up.

Holy expensive. I just found it on the website.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I don't have a dream ring, I have never looked. I don't like marquise, pear, or heart shaped stones at all though. I'd absolutely love a diamond but wouldn't be at all disappointed with another stone... Love all the cushion rings posted and Bri's fav also. I don't wanna look because knowing how much they cost would give me a panic attack.
#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

There's a company that makes celebrity ring replicas and a friend of mine has one and the sucker looks pretty real.
http://www.evesaddiction.com/celebrity- ... -rings/577
whatsername_

Let's see if it's gonna work......This is my set. <3 <3 <3

Unread post by Guest »

Wanted to share photos from my wedding since I am reliving it all with this page, haha.
I had black bridesmaids dresses and red shoes.
My shoes: Image

It was EXTREMELY rainy on my wedding day and at the last minute, I changed my mind about my hair and had her do these tighter curls so they would hold in the humidity lol

I made my own veil and wanted vintage inspired theme to my whole wedding. I also added a brooch that I made with white fabric flowers and vintage lace from a family member's dress.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

OhReallyNow wrote:
hjl226 wrote:It looked like this.

This is an infinity style ring. I looked "infinity style" and found this! http://mdcdiamonds.com/engagementdetail ... Country=US#
Its kind of like that but the ring with the diamond wasjust a curved band and the other one was the iinfinity that fit perfectly into the curves of the first. That probably makes no sense im horrible at describing things lol. Thanks for looking. I looked up infinity rings and havent found it yet hopefully I can find it. So jealous your ring is beautiful

Unread post by Guest »

Oh I reread what you originally posted. The one you posted was similar to the one you liked, duhhh. Sorry! haha Thank you!
whatsername_

ORN, your wedding day was perfect. Sigh. <3
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

OhReallyNow wrote:

The jeweler we went to, which is a retail partner to Verragio, said this ring was $3800 (without the center stone).

The shop we went to said they don't sell the center stones but give recommendations on where to buy them, and they had examples there to show the 4 Cs of different diamonds against the ring you like.
Most of Verragios side stones are graded F-G so he advised me to not get a colorless diamond because it might be sore to the eye. He showed me a D graded diamond next to the ring and it didn't set right with me. I would go for a F-G graded diamond even an H. And with clarity, even to a VS1; because the VS1 diamonds I saw had no inclusions to the naked eye.
The diamond we were looking at was a .75 ct F color VS1 and the jeweler ranged it would cost $1100-$1500. So the whole ring would be roughly 5k. Which falls in our ballpark.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."

Return to “Wedding Planning”