Which YouTube Mommy's Parenting Style Do/Would You Emulate?

MemyselfandI
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which YouTube Mommy's Parenting Style Do/Would You Emulate?

Unread post by MemyselfandI »

The YouTube mommies I admire most are Jessica and Britney. They are both so sweet and loving with their children and I respect the fact that they research everything and do their best to make informed decisions. I have learned so much from them and their videos have influenced how I will parent my children, when I have them.
doulamommy

Re: Which YouTube Mommy's Parenting Style Do/Would You Emula

Unread post by doulamommy »

You don't emulate someone's parenting style. You figure out your own. I practice alot of AP aspects but there are some that don't work for us. But again, you don't just copy someone else. When you have kids, they won't be the same as their siblings either.

What is good for one child may not be good for another.

I emulate my parenting style after my children's needs, not anyone else.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I'm not a mom yet but if I had to pick, I'd probably say Britney. She seems to have her act together and she's raising Aria great. As for an older mom, probably Lora. I know she gets a lot of hate, but she seems like a great mom to her boys. I would say Jess but I feel that if she lies to us then she lies to her kids and I don't want to lie to my kids.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlazeMercy »

None. I am my own parent. I have learned through the years what works for one will probably not work for the other. I really hope no one honestly wants to be like any of the you tube mom's. You only see a small glimpse into their lives (usually the good sugar coated view) and if you base your "want to be parenting style" on that then you have a rude awakening coming.
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I'm totally my own parent to my girls but I love the way Britney takes care of her daughter.
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jessica911 »

Jessica and Britney.
ImageImage
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

I don't know! My house is healthy foods,organic, gluten free,etc. So I do research like Britney. I take my kids for walks/park. I am pretty strict on the time outs, extended breast feeding, rear facing. I think i'm a mix of both Britney and Jess. I always put my kids and their needs first.
bunnysalad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by bunnysalad »

I am my whole parent to each of my children. My son is more independent and we can be more firm with him and the CIO method worked with him but my daughter is very much going towards AP and CIO will not work, so I do what works with both kids and they have been very different from the start :)
If anyone though, I would say Lora, JUST because she is very positive and happy and does cute crafts and holiday things with her kids which my son would love but I'm kinda dumb when it comes to crafty things like that :)
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I don't disagree with any of Jessica's parenting choices, except feeding your kids crap, so it would be closest to hers.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bunnysalad wrote:I am my whole parent to each of my children. My son is more independent and we can be more firm with him and the CIO method worked with him but my daughter is very much going towards AP and CIO will not work, so I do what works with both kids and they have been very different from the start :)
If anyone though, I would say Lora, JUST because she is very positive and happy and does cute crafts and holiday things with her kids which my son would love but I'm kinda dumb when it comes to crafty things like that :)
Oh me too!!! I wish I could do crafts. I was drawing on the white board with my son and he laughed and said my dog looked funny. He bursted out laughing at me. But it was a crappy dog though :(.
PattySimcox
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PattySimcox »

TaylorKnows wrote:I'm not a mom yet but if I had to pick, I'd probably say Britney. She seems to have her act together and she's raising Aria great. As for an older mom, probably Lora. I know she gets a lot of hate, but she seems like a great mom to her boys. I would say Jess but I feel that if she lies to us then she lies to her kids and I don't want to lie to my kids.
My god, she's 23!!
This thread made me realize how many people on this site only seem to watch the teens. There are so many great moms who's parenting style I would emulate: megandleila, bitsandclips, ImAMommyof1, nannerskins....
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

PattySimcox wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:I'm not a mom yet but if I had to pick, I'd probably say Britney. She seems to have her act together and she's raising Aria great. As for an older mom, probably Lora. I know she gets a lot of hate, but she seems like a great mom to her boys. I would say Jess but I feel that if she lies to us then she lies to her kids and I don't want to lie to my kids.
My god, she's 23!!
This thread made me realize how many people on this site only seem to watch the teens. There are so many great moms who's parenting style I would emulate: megandleila, bitsandclips, ImAMommyof1, nannerskins....
Is she really only 23? Wow...anyway, I do actually watch nannerskins, I just don't think I would emulate her entirely. As I said, if I had to pick. But many of the ones I've found are the younger ones. I think the oldest one I watch is CarlaTheBubbleLush or Candice (OurAdoptionOption). I know Candice is 30, not sure on Carla though not that I'd ever want to be like Carla. At the end of the day though when I do have kids, I definitely would not be looking at anyone to be an exact duplicate. But if I had to pick, I stand by the ones I chose.
Quinn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Quinn »

Probably Lisa (lumdeedums) closely followed by Meg (nannerskins), Tina (tweedledee10) and Grace (thegracediaries).
But as many said before, I parent in my own way these are just people I relate to the most since our parenting styles are very similar and I think they are fantastic parents.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I wouldn't emulate any of them. You really need to set your parenting style around your kids, I respect that people like Britney and Jess research things and make informed decisions and I love that Lora seems to be such an involved mum and she seems to spend a lot of quality time with her boys. I wish I was as crafty as her, I'd love to spend as much time doing crafts with my son but he is only 20 months old and has the attention span of a peanut so maybe when he's older lol. But besides that I just do my own thing, it seems to be working so far :)
Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Primadxnna »

Britneyandbaby. :)
ImageImage
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

Definitely Britneyandbaby or Daniellebabybliss
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

There are lots of them actually.. :D xLifewithBellex !! I have nothing against most of them actually, they would be better than the parents that I actually got. :? That's weird right? :D I cannot name just a bunch of them, it would be mean. Besides the most blatant cases I think that lots of them are great.
I love the british mommies too!

How about AshandJ2011, do we know her?
up all night, got demons to fight
MemyselfandI
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MemyselfandI »

I forgot about OurAdoptionOption. She's a great mom too and I love the fact that she adopted her children. I would love to adopt one day. She really cherishes her boys and seems so appreciative for having them. I respect how she is able to maintain a friendly relationship with the birth parents and include them in her life.
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by yeahbuddy »

PattySimcox wrote:
My god, she's 23!!
:? this!
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Quinn wrote:Probably Lisa (lumdeedums) closely followed by Meg (nannerskins), Tina (tweedledee10) and Grace (thegracediaries).
But as many said before, I parent in my own way these are just people I relate to the most since our parenting styles are very similar and I think they are fantastic parents.

oohh I like tweedledee10 I forgot about her.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”