what are you getting LO for Christmas?

strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

what are you getting LO for Christmas?

Unread post by strawberries »

My daughter will be about 6 months by that time & I already have an idea of what I'm getting her but I really want suggestions. What did your child(ren) like at that age? What are you getting them this year?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Re: what are you getting LO for Christmas?

Unread post by Confusedchick127 »

My daughter will be 4 months and I'm thinking of getting her some educational toys and an exercaucer/jumperoo entertainer. Then of course clothes :)
We already have lots of books(from infant to child and maybe older) because we had people bring books with a little message to my daughter instead of a card.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Sorry for the double post. I think at this age toys, books, and clothes are the best option. My daughter is perfectly entertained with the music on her swing and playing with/sucking on a wash cloth right now. Lol
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

How cute! I had a surprise baby shower so no special requests from me :b I tried following what websites say would be interesting for LO at her age but I feel like I'm missing some things. I was planning to wrap some 6 month clothes I got her while still pregnant & some of her boxes of diapers as well lol. I think she'll appreciate just ripping off the paper.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

The tea pot set!!!! My daughter looooooooves it still. It's her second favourite toy next to her kilp klops. Books and que cards. Clothes and pjs. Anything educational we go for,for our little offsprings.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

My daughter was six months old for her first Christmas.

I got her some age appropriate puzzles and building blocks, pjs, clothes and a gigantic teddy. Cost wise - not much. Maybe $50. Excitement at all the fuss, Christmas tree and lights and paper - priceless.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

I think my biggest expense will be her saucer chair. I don't plan on spending too much since she is still so little and we have everything we need right now. My parents are getting her a convertible car seat and that's good until she is 65lbs I believe..at the rate my lo is growing, that will last her until she's 30. Lol
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I got my daughter the My Pal Violet for her first Christmas. She was 13 mos old but I wish I had gotten it for her sooner. It is a definite grow along with me toy. She still plays with it! But it says their name and songs songs and colors and stuff. At her age she like that it is soft and makes sounds but as she gets bigger she will grow into it. And it's like $20. I can't say enough good things about it. Love that toy.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I guess technically that was her 2nd Christmas, she was 5 wks old on her first. That year I got her the light up seahorse that's like a glowworm and a pink teddy bear to that plays womb sounds and lullabies and nature sounds, and a car seat toy. We mainly only gave her presents because of her big brother who was excited for another person to have presents.
#FreeBen
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

For my sons first Christmas he will be three and a half months, I plan on getting toys/clothes but my main thing for him is a jumper/exercauser thing he won't be able to use it yet though but I really want to get him it. Is it dumb I plan to wrap his presents even though he'll be three and a half months?
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Heartbreakcoverupxo wrote:For my sons first Christmas he will be three and a half months, I plan on getting toys/clothes but my main thing for him is a jumper/exercauser thing he won't be able to use it yet though but I really want to get him it. Is it dumb I plan to wrap his presents even though he'll be three and a half months?
I was wondering the same thing. My daughter likes to grab onto things and hold things, but I don't think she will be able to unwrap stuff just yet. She will be 4, almost 5 months. She will turn 5 months on Jan 5, so about a week after Christmas.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

My daughter was 5 weeks her first Christmas. I just got her a couple rattles. Then everyone got her clothes.

This year she will be 13 months, I plan to get her a child recliner cuz she loves her daddy's but can't climb into it herself. I told everyone else to get her clothes and BOOKS because they all got her so many toys for her birthday last week.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

:hbd: Oh...happy belated birthday to little love bug. I meant to send you a PM and totally forgot!
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

thegooseiscooked wrote::hbd: Oh...happy belated birthday to little love bug. I meant to send you a PM and totally forgot!

Thanks! I can't believe its already been a year.... She's getting so big so quickly.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

JennaLuvBug wrote:
thegooseiscooked wrote::hbd: Oh...happy belated birthday to little love bug. I meant to send you a PM and totally forgot!

Thanks! I can't believe its already been a year.... She's getting so big so quickly.
When's her bday? My littlest turns 3 tomorrow.
#FreeBen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by guest »

So this is off from kids stuff. My biggest pet peeve. Someone who has the money to buy whatever they want not giving you an idea of what to get them. For some of my family it's every birthday/Christmas
I get so mad. I mean is it so hard for you to tell me something even if it's small/nothing. Especially if you know that person is getting you something regardless... Sorry guess it was more of a rant.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

For my daughters first Christmas she was 9 months. Everything we got her she didn't play with. haha.
My guess for 6 months.. clothes, car seat dangly things maybe(my daughter loved hers), books. And does she have a preference on things. Does she like to chase things or hit things together? Maybe a ball that moves by itself or something musical she can smack.

My daughter will be 2 years 9 months this Christmas. We'll be getting her mega blocks,a baby doll that speaks, a big etch and sketch, some play food, not sure what else.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Since this is a thread about getting the wee ones present. I'm stuck on what to get my son :( he's 3 and I keep showing him toys from flyers from toys r us and he keeps saying no. I think I just might buy tons of books , new que cards, and find a whole bunch of Cars and Planes. I have no idea what to get him. His sister has a whole bunch of Little Pleope stuff (pink bus, pink plane, the ad ons for the Disney Princess castle and all the extras for the Disney Princess Klip Klops). I have 2 Cars for my son.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

For the younger ones, the Fisher Price ring stacker is a classic must have. My daughter is 13months. We are getting wooden blocks, mega blocks, bath toys, a Step2 ride on/push buggy, books and puzzles. It's going to be so fun. The other girls are older and stopped asking for toys. :( It's techy or overpriced clothes now.
If anyone likes Little People, check Ebay. I got 80 for $40. Even my way to cool for baby stuff kids play with them. We have an army. A 3 yr. old boy might like those race tracks for mini cars..?
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

blackbettybamf wrote:I got my daughter the My Pal Violet for her first Christmas. She was 13 mos old but I wish I had gotten it for her sooner. It is a definite grow along with me toy. She still plays with it! But it says their name and songs songs and colors and stuff. At her age she like that it is soft and makes sounds but as she gets bigger she will grow into it. And it's like $20. I can't say enough good things about it. Love that toy.
I was looking at that. :P Good review.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”