Natural Birth

vintagelover
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Natural Birth

Unread post by vintagelover »

Thankfully I have very fast labors. My son, I had no contractions. My water just broke and then the contractions came. I had him 2 hours and 15 minutes after my water broke. With my daughter, my midwife broke my water, no other interventions, and I had her in an hour and 50 minutes. Believe me, I count myself lucky. The nurses would tease me saying I should be a baby maker as easily as I have them. Sorry, we can't afford more then 2 kids. Lol
vintagelover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by vintagelover »

Haha, I just realized that I already made reply to this. Mom brain.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

This is what I'm planning to do. Everyone says I'm crazy, lol.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

You can do it. Just keep saying you will and stay positive. With my second I stayed home as long as I could. Got the hospital calm and happy. 8cm. The nurses were freaking out.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

FLOSSY77 wrote:You can do it. Just keep saying you will and stay positive. With my second I stayed home as long as I could. Got the hospital calm and happy. 8cm. The nurses were freaking out.

My mom just keeps telling me to not eliminate any options.
A girl at work who's never had children told me that I wouldn't be able to do it. So my new motivation is to prove her wrong ;)

I'm also planning on laboring at home for as long as possible.
Nothing more discouraging than laboring, going to the hospital and being sent home. I don't even want to experience it.

I keep telling myself, if people like Kailyn, Snooki and Kim Kardashian can give birth, so can I.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

You can do it Ashleigh!! I definitely plan on doing it to when my time comes. I want to have a water birth to.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Y'all are brave! I'm sure you can! I would NEVER. Lol. I have no desire to. I probably could as I had zero pain in 18 hours of labor with my son (didn't have the epidural til 8-10 hours later) but I was already scared and didn't want pain too! The doctors pushed me to have my epi even tho I had no pain because I started dilating pretty quickly at that point and they thought I was gonna fly to 10 and it would be too late for me to get it. But I did not fly to 10, I flew to 5 and stopped dilating and had a csection.
#FreeBen
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

Haha, I said throughout my entire pregnancy "I want to go all natural! No meds!". My mother always told me to keep my options open as well but I was set in my mind.

Then the contractions started & I could NOT handle them whatsoever. I was the one bawling scaring all the other women in labor at the hospital lol. It was just the contractions that hurt. They tapered off my epi so I could push & I felt everything. Cue more screaming.

With all that being said, whenever I have my next I'm going to try my hardest to manage my pain & go all through it naturally. Though if I'm feeling it how I did before I will ask for my epi as needed lol.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”