how early can you test

stephaniemarie
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how early can you test

Unread post by stephaniemarie »

I never understood the whole "my body felt different when i got pregnant" thing .
But ive been feeling weird. I thought it was a cold but the symptoms are so weird for me.
Basically my husband and i are ttc. And my cycle is due the 30th of this month but how early can a home test detect it ? I was going to test the 25th so we know before thanksgiving.
I honestly figured im having a cold but my husband is convinced theres more.
Sorry for the rant and ramble. Just nervous and i hope im just not setting myself up for a let down. I know theres always next month but we've been together for 7 years. I think its time.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: how early can you test

Unread post by blackbetty »

Http://bit.ly/11E76zJ

Sorry, I'm that asshole... Just wanted to apologize before you click that link. ;)
#FreeBen
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

...didn't you ask this in the Jess forum too?
franklymydear
Talker
Talker

Unread post by franklymydear »

You could test early but wait as long as you can, to build HCG levels (if you're pregnant.) If you're due the 30th, try to wait until at least this weekend and use a first morning pee. And a early detection test. Hopefully that's the case! :)
stephaniemarie
Amateur
Amateur

whatsername_ wrote:...didn't you ask this in the Jess forum too?

Yeah and someone gave me this link so i moved it here to not junk up that forum
stephaniemarie
Amateur
Amateur

blackbettybamf wrote:Http://bit.ly/11E76zJ

Sorry, I'm that asshole... Just wanted to apologize before you click that link. ;)
Lol welp thanksssss
I just wanted to talk to real people about it. But nvm.
skeptic
Informer
Informer

Unread post by skeptic »

What day did you ovulate? If you ovulated only 3-4 days ago (based on a standard length cycle ending on the 30th), then it's too early to test. Typically, some women can get a positive HPT as early as 8 dpo (days past ovulation), with a rare few women getting a positive as early as 7 dpo. However, it is more likely to get a valid result 13-14 dpo (the typical length of a luteal phase), even better after your period is due. I never got a positive result earlier than 13 dpo, and even then the line was barely discernable. I didn't have a strong test line until 5 weeks pregnant (so a week after my period was due, and roughly 3 weeks after ovulation). Every woman and pregnancy is different, though.

Your symptoms may be due to pregnancy, hormonal changes from your menstrual cycle, or other causes. It's hard to say this early. Plus, you might be so hopeful or attuned to your body, looking for signs, that every function is magnified. (I know this from experience, having TTC for so long.) Good luck!
stephaniemarie
Amateur
Amateur

Thanks for all of the information! Its only 4dpo but im waiting the dat before AF is due to test lol.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

I had a strong line 5 days before my missed period with a first response early results.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”