Calling all crazy car seat ladies

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Calling all crazy car seat ladies

Unread post by blackbetty »

I'm shopping around for a car seat for my mom's car. It won't be used too often but my mom is disabled and incapable of putting in/taking out a car seat regularly plus it would be inconvenient for her to have to come get the car seat from me at work if she needed it (for example if I were to work late and my daughter needed picked up from daycare)

My daughter turned 4 in November and she's just now catching up to average in height (she's about 39") and on the skinny side. Probably about 30-35 lbs though I'll be weighing her soon)

Cost is an issue but if I end up having to pay more than I'd like to, I will if I have to. Size isn't a huge issue as my mom has an SUV.

Her every day seat is a Graco MyRide 65 DLX.

Requirements:
- I DO NOT want a seat with a 40 lb weight limit
- I DO NOT want a booster only
- I DO NOT require a high rear facing limit because my mom won't rear face her anyway
- I DO REQUIRE a 5 pt harness.
- I DO require it to be a car seat that will last hopefully until she can transfer to a normal seat or a booster but I'm not ready for her to be out of the 5 pt harness yet.

If it comes in a cute girly pattern or color, that's a bonus but not a requirement.

Seats I've looked at: Safety First All In One, Safety First Guide 65, Evenflo Titan.

Hoping to keep it in the $60-80 range but if it comes down to it, I will splurge on another MyRide. Just trying to see if there are any other car seat crazies who might have some suggestions!
#FreeBen
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Calling all crazy car seat ladies

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Evenflo Sureride has 19 inch too harness slots and comes in pink. It would last her till she was ready for a booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Walmart calls it the Titan 65

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Avoid all the "all in ones." Especially all Dorel brands.

The guide 65 is a good one though.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”