Supplements to help with fertility?

AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Supplements to help with fertility?

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

I have PCOS sadly and I was wondering if anyone knew any supplements that could help with fertility for when I decide to start trying. I don't think I ovulate at all. I read about Soy Isoflavones and that it's like nature's Clomid and it's also supposed to help you ovulate.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
lalala
Informer
Informer

Re: Supplements to help with fertility?

Unread post by lalala »

I don't know what would help PCOS specifically but Royal Jelly, B6 and Vitex seem to be having a positive effect on me. If you are not ovulating or ovulating very late, Royal Jelly and Vitex might help with that.

I do not know yet what is wrong with me (if anything) but my cycles were irregular and I sometimes ovulated quite late. My progesterone levels were/are also on the low side. While I can't confirm with 100% certainty that the supplements made a difference, it really seems that they are helping.

After starting Royal Jelly my ovulation started happening closer and closer to day 14. In the past 2 cycles it happened exactly on day 14.

The B6 seems to have helped increase progesterone though I don't know by how much, I just know that I didn't have any symptoms of increased progesterone without it and after I started taking it, it was very clear to me that my progesterone was at least a little bit higher because I had clear symptoms that gradually got stronger after ovulation and that are related to an increase in progesterone levels.

And on the first month of Vitex my symptoms during the days I was fertile were a lot stronger, so I feel that I was actually more fertile, even though I haven't been successful yet. I'm starting my second cycle with vitex and hoping I will finally succeed but who knows.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Re: Supplements to help with fertility?

Unread post by lalala »

I also recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. And if you have any additional health conditions, consult with your doctor to make sure any supplements you want to take won't interfere with that, sometimes that can happen.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”