Question about infertility?

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question about infertility?

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I know many of the women here have struggled with infertility. I'm 30 years old with no apparent health problems. I'm not TTCing or even feeling like I'm close to trying. I have no logical reason to feel like I'll have trouble conceiving, but my entire life I've always felt that I will trouble when the time comes. My period is pretty regular. It's a bit more difficult at times, but I don't think that's out the ordinary. I struggle with my weight, but I can manage it well when I have the will power. I've heard other women say that they had similar feelings before having it confirmed. I feel silly going to my doctor with my fears of being infertile before I'm even considering getting pregnant. My question for you guys is when did you suspect something could be wrong? Did you have a feeling about it before you began to TTC? Am I being ridiculous?

I realize it's probably nothing wrong, but I can't ignore my intuition. I got an ovulation kit the other day with hopes of putting my mind at ease. I want to confirm at my body is doing what it's suppose to do at this point. I can't start testing until the 11th and I'm so nervous about it. I feel like I need to do this now so if there is a problem I can address it as soon as possible.Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share their experience. I realize that my fears are trivial in comparison to you all who are actually struggling.
youvegottobekidding
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Question about infertility?

Unread post by youvegottobekidding »

I always felt like I would have problems and I was right. My intuition started in my early 20's. I had a long time partner and we were never really careful and never had an oops. In my 30's when we started actively trying I knew after 6 months that the horrible feeling I always had was true and proven true by my diagnosis of premature ovarian failure. I had not physical symptoms of this. What you can do is go to your OB and tell him or her that you'd like blood work to check your hormone levels and your ovarian reserve. This will give you a good indication of what your fertility situation is especially if you don't have endo or PCOS. If you have one of those unfortunate situations that's a whole other ball game and is usually you show symptoms of those. Good luck to you and be persistent about the blood work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate the advice.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Why don't you see your doctor? There are simple blood tests to tell what your hormone levels are doing at different times of the month. There's no reason not to go for a "well" check-up in your case. I wouldn't worry too much though, since you're not trying to conceive yet. My oldest daughter has the same fear, so I do empathize with you.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I wish I read this before posting, as I basically just posted almost the same thing.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”