Needing advice

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Needing advice

Unread post by spacekitty »

I've thought about making this topic on here for a week or so, because frankly I don't know where else to ask. And I feel pretty comfortable around YTMD so I will ask here.
Anyways, I'm 16, I'm sure many people know. I haven't gotten a period since June now (the 13th to the 20th or so, I have an app to track it). I know I'm not pregnant, considering you would have to have sex to be pregnant, and I'm a virgin lol. I've always been irregular. But I usually just miss one month. My app (P Tracker) told me it should have come on July 27th, and it didn't. No big deal, it never comes when it should. Plus, it usually tells me a date based off of a 35 day or so cycle. Sometimes mine is 35, sometimes it can be 45. But now it's almost another month later and it has yet to come. Like I said I've missed one month before, but never two in a row. I decided if it doesn't come by early September I'll go to to the doctor and see what they have to say. But does anyone know why this kind of thing could be happening? :/ I'm 5'1 and 94 lbs, I've always been tiny like that. I used to be 105 at my highest weight in 2013. Ever since it's been dropping. I had surgery in January, got down to 86 lbs, my lowest. My family has a history of thyroid issues, and I have anxiety. Could any of this be an answer as to why I have yet to get it? Thanks to anyone who answers.
HeavenOnlyKnows

Re: Needing advice

Unread post by HeavenOnlyKnows »

Since I'm not a doctor I have no idea why you are so late, but I just wanted to say it is SOOOOOO normal to have f#cked up menstrual cycles in your teens and isn't necessarily anything to be worried about :) Even if you have been regular for a while, sometimes the body just goes through hormonal changes at that age and it can have weird effects on your cycle (delaying it, making it come early, making it last too long, etc.). It took about 10 years for my cycle to become consistently regular and there was nothing medically wrong with me, that's just how it goes sometimes. I'm glad you'll be going to the doctor next month just in case, but try not to worry too much :)

As for your specific questions, I have anxiety and at one point I was even on medication for it, and it never affected my cycle. As for weight, I believe amenorrhea has more to do with your body fat percentage than your overall weight/BMI.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

HeavenOnlyKnows wrote:Since I'm not a doctor I have no idea why you are so late, but I just wanted to say it is SOOOOOO normal to have f#cked up menstrual cycles in your teens and isn't necessarily anything to be worried about :) Even if you have been regular for a while, sometimes the body just goes through hormonal changes at that age and it can have weird effects on your cycle (delaying it, making it come early, making it last too long, etc.). It took about 10 years for my cycle to become consistently regular and there was nothing medically wrong with me, that's just how it goes sometimes. I'm glad you'll be going to the doctor next month just in case, but try not to worry too much :)

As for your specific questions, I have anxiety and at one point I was even on medication for it, and it never affected my cycle. As for weight, I believe amenorrhea has more to do with your body fat percentage than your overall weight/BMI.
That's what I've been figuring but it just came odd to me how it just isn't here. Nothing is really regular for me right now since I'm not in school for another week and a half. I actually haven't had it once since it ended so I just assumed that had to do with at first. Thanks though! I knew it could be irregular for a few years but after all the times of getting it, I forgot I really only started mine in 2012 lol. I feel better just knowing that it may this way for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

When in doubt, see a doctor. ;) It could be so many things, and it's worth getting it checked so your doc has a timeline and a starting point for you. I think they might want to look at doing some bloodwork to check hormone and vitamin levels for a start. Simple stuff like that. Nothing to be worried about, it's just good to know everything is okay.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
kiki
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiki »

My period was irregular forever... In fact, it might still be,but I've been on the pill for 7 years, in part due to how irregular it was. I was similar to you - my cycle was generally somewhere between 30-35 days, but sometimes 40+. I found I used to have it one month, none the next, get it again the next, etc. I'm pretty sure there were times I missed a couple months in a row, too. Stress can cause your period to be late or not come at all, as well. I believe (could be wrong here, its been awhile since I read about thyroid stuff) your thyroid does affect your period, although not sure if it just affects the heaviness or what. I wouldn't worry about it though. I still have some crazy periods and I have no health issues.
DianeCooper

Unread post by DianeCooper »

I think you must discuss all these problem with your gynaecologist.

Return to “Health”