Epik Brandon Family

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by dahell »

Just from the thumbnail alone I’ve never watched that reveal but O. M. G. You’re so right. That was completely unhinged, over the top. Maybe it’s cuz I’m really just not a super excitable person but that was ridiculous. I had 3 boys. Than a girl. Then another boy. I didn’t always know the gender but I could NEVER see myself coming close to reacting that way. That was blood curdling screams there. Geez Louise. Hanni totally reacted to seeing her mom act like a raging lunatic. I personally am not a huge fan of family vlogs where the parent ISN’T speaking directly to the camera a lot. I have 5 of my own amazing kids and I really just love hearing other people’s parenting tidbits. It’s kind of “adult interaction” late at night while I’m cleaning etc. lol
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Natalka81...I think you described it great. She’s making things weirder than they need to be. Also, when people are SO matter of fact about things, maybe that’s what irks me. When they say “We are doing our healthy lifestyle and getting all the sugar out!” Instead of “Geez, we’ve been eating pretty crappy lately and I’m going to try really hard to get the sugar out, eat better etc”. Just because you make peanut butter cookies with honey instead of sugar, doesn’t make them THAT much healthier. Same with the McD’s....just because it’s a DIFFERENT fast food restaurant, doesn’t really make it better! Lol. I thought it was funny that someone in the comments from thier real life said something like “you know Jason gave that to them before” and Neesa was like “oh really, haha”. I’m probably butchering that quote but something along the lines of “they’ve had McD’s”. Anywho...she’s a nutty one.
damondaniel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by damondaniel »

I've always wondered, are the dogs even legally service dogs if they were trained by Hanni? I remember them getting Calvin as a puppy. Don't most service dogs have to go through years of professional training?
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

They are definitely not true service dogs. I don’t even know if I’d call them actual “therapy” dogs. I’m sure I don’t understand it all but around our area, we have issues with people CALLING their dogs service/therapy dogs just to get certain things. Dogs in places. Even “pet free” rental situations. I’ve heard something about flights. Not sure if that’s true. Of course actual service/therapy dogs SHOULD go everywhere. But, seems some people are just calling their dogs that.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

Unfortunately people abusing the need for an emotional support animal is an epidemic. People want the privilege and ease of what comes attached to having one and totally take advantage of it. People who really need them need all sorts of clearance and prescriptions written by doctors in order to have one. But people with enough money just need to go online and pay a "Doctor" to write this for you and get an online certificate. The dad from Brataley just did this so he could take his dog on the airplane to California and not pay for it to fly. You could probably consider Ebby's dog an emotional support animal, but to be a true service dog, costs THOUSANDS of dollars. Like some places upward of 20,000 - 50,000. You can't train and license your own service dog. Especially not a 12 year old. And especially not when, in Hanni's case, it is supposedly trained to detect a medical issue. There is zero chance a KID could do that. Hers then would also be considered an emotional support animal. Also, you can't register an ESA without vet care and shots. We already know Ebby's dog doesn't have those. And there have been months where Hanni didn't even have her dog, like when they were living in Hawaii. Anyone who has even a little common sense knows that if your dog was a TRUE service animal, trained to alert medical emergencies, you do not go anywhere without the dog.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Yes. It's all highly problematic to me. I am very supportive of animal companions, therapy animals, service animals, all of that, but to have a 12 year old be responsible for "training" one for herself and her three year old brother is very very wrong.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I honestly don't think either of these dogs are registered as a service animal or an emotional support animal. Anyone can go online and buy those "service dog" vests they have for under $10 without any kind of certification needed. She might be doing some online YouTube tutorial for obedience but that doesn't qualify it to be either.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Okay, so shall we discuss today's click bait title? What was so shocking about ultrasound results that literally told them the same information they have known for 8 weeks?!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

That’s a real jerky thing to do. This family with all their cringey click-bait, ugh. The channels that really have real genuine growth are better than that. I noticed after their “vlog conference” they upped the click-bait big time. And the comments exploded, and were way more mean. Is that the growth they were hoping for? I’ve seen other channels grow much more organically and it seems to be a much better “viewer base”. I get YT has drastically changed over the past few years, more people are resorting to awful click-bait but this is bad, such a reach. I think to say “surprise ultra sound results” to see if she’s still a girl, is so bizarre. I guess that’s par for the course for Neesa.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

i can't remember who, but I think a few other families I watch went to that same conference. Recently so many of the channels I watch started using crazy clickbait titles. It will be interesting to see which channels stay up and running after YouTube is done with this massive family channel clean up and demonetization they are doing. This channel is one of the worst offenders. Only seen one that I find worse.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yes, I agree. If the criteria for demonetization are what I think they are, this channel is one of the worst. All these "secret crush" things, for example (one of many) are ridiculous and disrespectful to the children.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I hope they are demonetized as well. I've flagged some questionable videos just to be sure that youtube takes a look at them and they don't skate by just because they are smaller. This women is whack and doesn't deserve to make a single penny with all the clickbait and exploitative videos they've put out.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So I guess my question is, how do you flag their videos? I mean, I know how... Just what flag do you use? The only ones I see are like child abuse or sexual contact and violence or something like that, and terrorism. Some of her videos are so demeaning to her kids, and also to the other kids at school who she names AND then talks badly about. But how do you tag that when it doesn't really fit into any of these caret? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm asking because I really want to know. I constantly wish I could tag her videos but just don't know the best option to pick.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, I just want to say that today's video really angered me. After the great seatbelt debacle last week, she STILL let her kids in the car without a seatbelt on when she was driving and she let Shiloh sit in the front seat when someone called her out to say that it is against the law in Utah to sit in the front seat if you are under 12. Putting a *disclaimer* on your video that your kids buckled up after leaving the parking lot does not negate your neglectful behavior when they are standing up while you drive. They didn't buckle up and we all k ow it. Car accidents can happen in school parking lots too.... In the comments section she replied to a comment and gave her excuse that Hanni wasn't buckled because she had just checked the mail. Um... Two "scenes" earlier, her boys actually got the mail, so she knew that mailbox was empty. Hanni did NOT get the mail. There was no mail to get. She needs to stop lying when people call her out on things. Just make your kids wear their darn seatbelts!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Such a facade she’s built for herself. She tried to play that “super easy going, cool, fun mom” and she’s making herself look like an idiot. She needs to grow up. Also, they are all so isolated from her and his family. I used to feel really sorry for her. I’d love to know the backstory on all of that. I know she claims her parents were very abusive etc and if that’s true, that’s just awful. But, with starting to see all her nuttiness coming out, it’d be interesting to hear other sides to the story. Those kids don’t have a relationship with ANY family?!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I grew up in the 80s, when car seats and seatbelts were not what they are today, and STILL I remember my parents being very strict about me not taking my seatbelt off until the car had come to a complete stop. Like, if we went from one parking spot to another, or if we had to turn around, or whatever, and I took my seatbelt off, there was an immediate comment. I get that maybe my parents were not the norm, but since it's 30 years later, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect young children to stay buckled up at all times in a car.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:So I guess my question is, how do you flag their videos? I mean, I know how... Just what flag do you use? The only ones I see are like child abuse or sexual contact and violence or something like that, and terrorism. Some of her videos are so demeaning to her kids, and also to the other kids at school who she names AND then talks badly about. But how do you tag that when it doesn't really fit into any of these caret? I'm not asking to be rude, I'm asking because I really want to know. I constantly wish I could tag her videos but just don't know the best option to pick.
So to be honest I don't know if this works for sure but it seems logical in my head so I've done it on some people who I find particularly gross, annoying, and happy to exploit their children for a quick buck. My assumption is that because youtube is cracking down so hard on family channels, any sort of flag will get the video/channel reviewed. I throw in a little comment with some buzz words based on the video that I figure bots would pick up since the recent crackdown...things like "exploitation, clickbait, dramatized, not a real emergency" that sort of thing. Options to click would be spam/misleading (clickbait is misleading), child abuse (if something outright horrible is happening or a kid is really being exploited...youtube seems to be viewing exploitation as abuse just to cover their butts form Daddy of 5 issues) and hateful or abusive content, harmful dangerous acts (any of their ridiculous stunts that result in any injury for the kids). Really anything..I think your examples could work...from what I've read, anything demeaning children in any way, especially on purpose for views, can be considered reason for demonetization. My thought in doing it is that flagging a few will just make the youtube bots/algorithms aware that this channel is a little sketchy and needs some further looking in to. Who knows, maybe it does nothing at all and I'm wasting my time. But it does feel like you're making a tiny impact when you do it. Some of these people seem to have zero concern for their children's right to privacy and how they'll feel about this in the future so I don't feel bad for doing it one bit!
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

watching Hanni take the pizza out of the oven in the latest pizza made me so annoyed.
When i was 13 i could cook full meals,And theres this kid struggling to remove a frozen pizza from the microwave....At that age i could cook an entire turkey,stuffing,dressing,and everything included.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

No way was I able to make full meals at 13. 13 year old me would have probably cooked the pizza on pizza pan and used oven mits to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

YesMia wrote:No way was I able to make full meals at 13. Image 13 year old me would have probably cooked the pizza on pizza pan and used oven mits to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When i was 13 i made christmas dinner ALONE....Granted,I also had alot of advantages going for me,But cmon,Hanni is 13,She's got a whole brood of siblings,And she cant even get a pizza out of the oven.I mean,My 8 year old cousin can do that (Granted,with supervision.) if asked.Is this actually a hard task??
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18

Return to “A-H”