Epik Brandon Family

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Also, is a service dog for asthma a real thing? Like what could they do? Get the inhaler?
I feel like these days people really take advantage of service dogs and don't really need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

I really wanted to like this family, and they popped up(apparently popping into everyone's suggestions... whys that??) and I saw they were homeschoolers too and I was interested... but there's something so off about them... almost like the moms a frazzled mess but trying her best to hide it? I dunno. Seems like someone playing the part of perfect mom but it doesn't work. And the infection on the baby, throwing her kids back into public and expecting them to adjust (if you know your kids super sensitive she could have spent the summer preparing him... ) I don't know but there's something that gives me a weird feeling about them. And I'm a homeschooling/crunchy-ish mom too. But common sense and second opinions etc are necessary, no? Lol. It'll be interesting to see what happens with how fast they're growing...

abragella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by abragella »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Also, is a service dog for asthma a real thing? Like what could they do? Get the inhaler?
I feel like these days people really take advantage of service dogs and don't really need them.

I think there are service dogs that can sense impending asthma attacks but that's usually for people with really intense cases of it, which it doesn't seem like the daughter has. Plus that dog is not trained as a service dog at all. It seems to just be a punching bag for the little boy.
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Also, is a service dog for asthma a real thing? Like what could they do? Get the inhaler?

Exactly! What is a dog supposed to do lol. They are making it look bad for people that actually need service dogs.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

YesMia wrote:

Exactly! What is a dog supposed to do lol. They are making it look bad for people that actually need service dogs.

I feel very strongly about disability rights and not judging people whose situations you're not fully familiar with, but, yeah, I am really struggling to understand the role of the "service dogs" in this family.
IfIFitsIStits
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IfIFitsIStits »

Just had a look on social Blade... Don't know how to attach a pic but their views and subscribers have increased over 500% in the past month. They are gaining an average of 393 subscribers per day... Definitely something fishy going on
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

abragella wrote:

I think there are service dogs that can sense impending asthma attacks but that's usually for people with really intense cases of it, which it doesn't seem like the daughter has. Plus that dog is not trained as a service dog at all. It seems to just be a punching bag for the little boy.
They have 2 "service dogs" though. One for hannahniah(are you joking me with that name, how do you even say it) and one for Ebenezer.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IfIFitsIStits wrote:Just had a look on social Blade... Don't know how to attach a pic but their views and subscribers have increased over 500% in the past month. They are gaining an average of 393 subscribers per day... Definitely something fishy going on
I agree. They've all of a sudden started showing up in my suggestions before I even watched them. Maybe they're paying to be put there? They're titles aren't that crazy or grabbing. Maybe it's the pregnancy. People looooovveee pregnancies and big families

abragella
Amateur
Amateur

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
abragella wrote:

They have 2 "service dogs" though. One for hannahniah(are you joking me with that name, how do you even say it) and one for Ebenezer.

You're right, I forgot they had two. I still don't think either are officially trained though. From what I can tell Hanni is training hers but if she's doing it alone I really doubt he'll be trained for asthma detection. I don't know of many manuals that would tell you how to do that.

Also I looked it up and you can pay youtube to promote your videoes as suggestions. They must have dropped a lot of money for that if it's showing up for so many people.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I wonder where they're getting the money for this weird lifestyle. I know the Dad works but it seems like he does seasonal jobs and then they end. They keep moving and have a lot of expenses, plus tons of kids.

They're not making that much from youtube yet, right?
Kenzie23
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kenzie23 »

Remember the Free Jinger movement for the Duggar family? There needs to be a Free Hanny movement. I immediately liked her so much because she's absolutely precious, but the rest of the family is just batshit crazy. Someone rescue Hanny!
Kenzie23
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kenzie23 »

Okay I watched some more videos and now I feel bad for saying the whole family is crazy because the kids are just innocent kids, some of them maybe a bit troubled. It's just the parents who are nuts. Free all the kids!
fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

I've seen 2 videos: telling the kids they are going to public school, and her pregnancy reveal/test/thing. To be honest, when I usually get new suggestions from YT, after a few videos/weeks, SURPRISE! the wife is pregnant! so I totally saw this coming.

Namewise, I have a soft spot for Hezekiah, and Ezra (spelled properly) but I just can't handle Ebenezer, Shepherd or Shiloh on a boy. She's got 2 Hs, 2 Es and 2 Ss, I wonder what her next set of letters will be.

How much does the mom look like Virginia from Raising Hope?! Holy shit.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I actually like the name Hannahniah. I know it's a bit over the top but I still really like it, especially when it's shortened to Hanni! I agree Ezra is better when spelled properly. I can't deal with Shiloh, Shepherd, or Ebenezer (God) but Ebby is kind of cute. Hezekiah is quite cool but only for someone in the Old Testament, and not an 11 year old boy in modern day America. That's my take on it anyway.

I can't stop thinking about this family for some reason. I am troubled by the way they seem against health care and schooling. I also feel like they're trying to preach something that they're not putting into practice. I think they want to make it seem like they respect their children's autonomy and stuff, but then they just 'tell' them they're going to public school and record their reactions on camera for the world to see. So bizarre.
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

I really like all the names except Hannahniah and Hezekiah.

Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

After watching a few more videos I dislike them even more. I feel like Ebby's 'behavior' boils down to her trying to homeschool the 4 older kiddos while her husband works crazy hours then having another baby. I think he's spoiled rotten and was left to his own devices before the cameras came on.

The lack of relationships outside their nuclear family, bouncing around the country, no planning ahead just stinks of naïveté. I wanted to tell her to grow the fuck up when she whines about not finding the 'perfect' place to settle down that's just right for them. Sure, there's crappy places to live but generally it is what you make of it. I can't imagine the amount of money they blow relocating so often. The military and many other careers pay for moving expenses. I doubt that's the case for them because they seem to take time between jobs.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Missy1393 wrote:After watching a few more videos I dislike them even more. I feel like Ebby's 'behavior' boils down to her trying to homeschool the 4 older kiddos while her husband works crazy hours then having another baby. I think he's spoiled rotten and was left to his own devices before the cameras came on.

The lack of relationships outside their nuclear family, bouncing around the country, no planning ahead just stinks of naïveté. I wanted to tell her to grow the fuck up when she whines about not finding the 'perfect' place to settle down that's just right for them. Sure, there's crappy places to live but generally it is what you make of it. I can't imagine the amount of money they blow relocating so often. The military and many other careers pay for moving expenses. I doubt that's the case for them because they seem to take time between jobs.

To be fair, I haven't watched all their vlogs, but I'm not even sure I've seen any particularly bad behaviour from Ebby. I do think they pay a lot of attention to him, but that may be what he needs right now. I don't really understand why there's so much focus on him and his trauma or whatever, though. He seems like a rather normal 3 year old for the most part. When he was rough with the dog, they could have easily told him to be gentle without being negative about it if that's really what they were worried about---I don't get it. And I agree, bouncing around from state to state is really disruptive for kids. I think the children are really lovely, but I am concerned about a lot of stuff here, and the flightiness (moving all the time, taking kids in and out of school, etc.) seems particularly fishy.
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

I remember the mom praising Hezekiah for watching Ebby while she took Shepard to the doctor because she knew how hard it was to watch him. I doubt she is filming all his behaviors but it sounds like he is pretty high energy and takes a lot of her time. She said his needs hurt the other kid's schooling too which is another reason why I don't understand why she pulled Hezekiah out of school so quickly.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

So after reading here, I totally thought yall were joking about the daughter's name. Then I watched their intro video. Hannahniah?? What, why?! I usually love unique names, but WTF. That is such an unpleasing name to say and read. Poor kid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Doopher
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Doopher »

Um. This mom definitely has Munchausen by proxy, no? I guess by me saying that, I'm doing the same exact thing she is doing which is self-diagnosing. This lady is utterly infuriating, which usually makes for an active ytmd page. Has she diagnosed every single child with something?! They've got two service dogs. One child must drink powdered goats milk. One has ptsd from going to the hospital once as a baby. Now one has some digestive problem that she heard about from commenters on YouTube!? Omg. I hate people like this. They're SO progressive. Such THINKERS! They don't trust doctors or medicine or schools. I wouldn't trust that woman to screw in a lightbulb. She is not a bright lady (no pun intended). I almost feel like it would be funny to go in her comments and suggest more random disorders/syndromes that the kids might have to see what other bandwagon she'll jump onto. I wouldn't do that though because then the kids would have to deal with it. Anyway, she is a trainwreck.

Return to “A-H”