Epik Brandon Family

abragella
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by abragella »

Has anyone else watched any of their videos? I watched one where the mom talked about her childhood and thought she seemed nice and like she really loved her family but after watching a few more I got so uncomfortable. They just got pregnant with their 7th and do the regular sheltering their child from mainstream culture that a lot of the religious family vloggers do but they're also anti doctor/vaccines. Their youngest got a staff infection and let it get to the point where it started eating away at his face and hand before taking him to the doctor and the mom threw a fit because he had to be put on antibiotics. And today they put up a video about what was going on with one of the younger kids and said he had PTSD because he got really sick and had to go the hospital once. A bunch of comments are saying it sounds more like symptoms of being on the autism spectrum and asking if he was actually diagnosed by a doctor (which I doubt because he was 1 when this happened) or they are just guessing that's what's wrong with him. Last time I checked they are actively ignoring those comments.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by blackroses »

I really liked them until I realized they're nuts I can't stand them omg and one of their boys I don't know his name is clearly too rough with his service dog and instead of correcting him they gave some bullshit excuse in the comments. They annoy me, something tells me they're going to be incredibly disappointed with a boy
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

The one who's too rough is the one they tried to say has PTSD from going to the hospital as a 1-year-old. Obviously, something is going on with him and it makes me really sad that he'll probably never get the help he needs because his parents are so anti doctor/ anyone who might be more qualified than they are.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I literally just binged watched a bunch of their videos as they all started stowing up in my suggestions today...weird this thread started at the same time. I was coming here to start a thread because these people are NUTS. It looks like their channel just started to take off but these people have the click baiting down already. First off, they have a whole bunch of bizarre names ( the mom replied to a comment saying they'd do a name video soon- looking forward to that)...I thought they were a normal family at first but those names should have clued me in sooner. The PTSD video was just insanity. The mom reliving every "horrible" thing the doctors did to the baby and telling him how awful of an experience it was. There is no way he'd have any memory of that event by now, all she is doing is creating a lifelong fear of doctors in him and feeding in to any anxiety he might have. The symptoms she described sound highly suspicious of autism but instead of having him tested, it sounds like she self diagnosed him with PTSD. And according to an above comment, they are anti vaccine?? How ironic that their child more than likely has autism now. He should be in an early intervention program or some type of therapy but instead they got him a dog, labeled it a service dog (it's at most, an emotional support dog), and are claiming that him roughhousing with the dog is helping curb his moods. Just went back to try and find the video of the toddler hitting and grabbing the dog (because I wanted to paste in their ridiculous excuse for that behavior) and I can't find it anymore. I think it was in the video about the oldest son quitting school after only two weeks to go back to homeschooling (thats a whole other topic lol). Anyone else still see it? And their daughter has a "service dog" as well, apparently for her asthma?

The mom was so embarrassing when she was picking the kids up on the first day...shoving the camera in their faces and hollering at the son in front of everyone...no wonder he wanted to quit already. She completely embarrassed him in front of a bunch of peers then posted it on the internet. Plus his name is Hezekiah. Poor kid was bound to be bullied.

I really hope their channel doesn't explode and get huge, but with a 7th pregnancy, the click baiting, and the wide range of ages to appeal to the minions, I'm sure they will grow. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they start making puberty vlogs, the tweens eat that stuff up.
unionjack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by unionjack »

"Hey, what do you think of the name Hannah?"
"Nah, way too boring, let's add an -niah..."
"Great, Hannahniah it is!"

How do people even come up with these names?! Their older two have terrible, long, complicated, biblical names, then they named the next two Shiloh and Ezra and went back to biblical names, which are at least a bit more common though. :?

She also seems to have self-diagnosed Ebenezer with PTSD, since she ignored pretty much all the questions asking her, if she had been to a professional and in order for him to relieve his anger and frustration got him a dog, which he hits, runs over etc. That in particular made me really sad, why would you get a young child a so- called service dog, a sensitive animal with emotions itself, instead of a punching bag or a seemingly much-needed therapy session?! :(

Furthermore they started homeschooling Hezekiah again, since he is not "capable of dealing with stressful situations", perhaps they should have considered the fact, that this might be because he has seemingly never been in one before? :/
YesMia
Talker
Talker

Unread post by YesMia »

I really wanted to like this family, I really did. The more I watched the more I realized the mom is nutz. She has deleted a bunch of comments on her latest video about why Ebby needs a service dog. I don't think either kid needs a service dog and I doubt the older daughter is experienced enough to train a service dog. They leave those poor dogs outside in the heat with no shade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Why the hell do they have all those biblical names and then 'Shepeard' just stuck in there it's hilarious.

abragella
Amateur
Amateur

I can't even pronounce the oldest two's names when I see them written down. I was also suspicious with how anti school all the boys were when they were told they were going to that charter school. It may just be me, but I had the feeling they'd probably been told over and over again how bad schools are and that they homeschooled them to protect them from them, especially since the oldest one was the only one who was excited and she remembered school from before she was pulled out.
I did feel for the oldest boy though. He seems more reserved and going from only being homeschooled to middle school where you know no one and have to deal with switching classes had to be hard.I feel like they should have given it more than a 1-2 week try though.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Oh hooray! I just found this thread! I really question the whole service dog thing. Who is doing the training? Only the 12 year old??? I too really wanted to like this family, and I don't dislike them, but boy I have LOTS of questions! Schooling, health care, service animals- hmmmm....
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also (sorry for the double post) the vlog with them all trying McDonald's for the "first" time was soooo elitist. I am not a fan at all of McDonalds. My best friend has never let her children eat there and I support that, but to brag about how wonderful you are by making that choice is just really off-putting. Ugh.
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

I'm so happy to see this thread. They've been popping up on my suggested a lot.

I can't even tell you my disgust with the whole, 'were pretty sure our toddler has a staff infection, let's try essential oils' oh my, just no.

I really do understand some caution when it comes to rushing to the doctor for every little thing and over prescribing antibiotics but seriously?!? What's with all these parents with no post secondary education thinking they know better than the medical community and the educational system. I think they are one of those 'home church' families too so obviously they know better than clergy and the church. Yuck.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Their videos started popping up for me so I watched. The mom is batshit crazy. The only child that has a chance is the oldest daughter, she's adorable and somehow seems to want to be normal despite her home life.
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

The staph infection with the baby really pissed me off. Like I get not rushing your kid to the doctor for every cough and fever but to see sores on a baby that they are complaining about because they hurt and do herbal remedies instead of taking them to get medical care baffles me.

Her self-diagnosing her toddler with PTSD pisses me off too. Psychologists/psychiatrists are always more careful with diagnosing kids vs adults so I find it very hard to believe they would diagnose a 1-year-old with it unless it was a significant, life-changing trauma that they child had memory of. And when she was talking to him in the video it was obvious he had no memory that he even got sick. It was like she was trying to convince him he had it which probably only scared him if anything.
koobcam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by koobcam »

I watched a few of their videos recently. Like others have said, it came up in my suggested videos and there was some about home school and since my son is homeschooled, I was interested in watching. But, wow, this family are something else. I think they've taken down a video from a couple of days ago, the mom was talking about her son (not sure names yet, but Hez something...) going back to homeschool and in the background the kid she says has PTSD was hitting the dog and grabbing at him and the mom didn't even say or do anything!! I don't believe all that about desensitising the dog to hitting etc and saying the dog likes it, how can they know the dog likes it? One day it'll probably snap back in anger.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

koobcam wrote:I watched a few of their videos recently. Like others have said, it came up in my suggested videos and there was some about home school and since my son is homeschooled, I was interested in watching. But, wow, this family are something else. I think they've taken down a video from a couple of days ago, the mom was talking about her son (not sure names yet, but Hez something...) going back to homeschool and in the background the kid she says has PTSD was hitting the dog and grabbing at him and the mom didn't even say or do anything!! I don't believe all that about desensitising the dog to hitting etc and saying the dog likes it, how can they know the dog likes it? One day it'll probably snap back in anger.
I mentioned it in my post you should've seen all the comments she deleted most of them because they were angry and rightfully so
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I had to stop watching because they make me so angry. Those poor kids
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

There are people suggesting that Ebby has PTSD because strangers held him for the first time when he was sick. JFC.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

abragella wrote:There are people suggesting that Ebby has PTSD because strangers held him for the first time when he was sick. JFC.
And I kind of get the sense they also think that 'service dog' is the ONLY thing that will help him. Like he's going to have these challenging behaviours for the rest of his life so he'll need a dog to commit to calming him down. I'm really, really troubled by this. So much going on... I normally don't get all worked up about family vloggers but this one has really rung my alarm bells...
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

natalka81 wrote:
abragella wrote:There are people suggesting that Ebby has PTSD because strangers held him for the first time when he was sick. JFC.
And I kind of get the sense they also think that 'service dog' is the ONLY thing that will help him. Like he's going to have these challenging behaviours for the rest of his life so he'll need a dog to commit to calming him down. I'm really, really troubled by this. So much going on... I normally don't get all worked up about family vloggers but this one has really rung my alarm bells...
There is definitely some weird shit going on with that family. I feel so bad for the poor dog. Honestly, it seems more like they use him for Ebby to be aggressive towards so he won't be aggressive towards them.
I think the mom might be parenting from fear. She's talked about how bad her childhood was a few times so it wouldn't be farfetched that she'd be overprotective. However it's damaging and I the dad seems more in touch with the normal world which makes me mad that he doesn't step in for the kids.
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

I'm so very happy to find a thread for this family!
I too at first thought they seemed alright - cute kids etc. - but from watching more of their videos they seem VERY strange.

What angered me the most was sending the oldest boy to school to only pull him back out after two weeks! Nobody knows whether they like something or not after that amount of time. Of course he was stressed, he's never been in a school environment. Most probably just needed a buddy and sometime to adjust - god help him when he eventually goes to Uni or joins the work force

Return to “A-H”