Epik Brandon Family

byCali
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by byCali »

dahell wrote:Yes, very telling. Then Hanni even had a brief convo with her dad while her mom was ‘splainin that IG business to us. It was a very odd exchange. Only part I watched, thanks for breaking it down for us!
You're welcome, I thought that would be the part people were most interested in. :)

If you found that part interesting, you might want to watch 23:45-25:15 too.
Neysa states that they had to get rid of Eden because the dog had issues. Hanni was not happy with that story and weighted her words carefully before mentioning her being at school and noone “taking care of her (Eden)” (she has previously mentioned how her mom kept Eden in a crate all day). Neysa seems annoyed Hanni doesn’t support the story and Jason ends up getting Hanni to go off-camera. You can then hear them having a discussion about it in the background. Hanni stayed off-camera for a while and only joined back in after her mom told her to.

If you want your heart broken, then head to 9:35-12:00. Shiloh gets upset about Kiah indicating he is messy and goes off-camera. Rather than someone going off-camera to comfort him, they get him back on camera, still visibly upset and crying. He then leaves again and they get him to come back on camera to get comforted. I get that they can't control what happens during a Live, but who in their right mind would ask an upset and crying child to get back on camera? I just don't get it...
ytdramaqueen wrote:I definitely agree. It's fine for them to say their peace but to keep harping on a 13 yr old's Instagram page for a service dog is kinda low. I'm glad it's deleted
The posts might be deleted, but Hanni's Instagram account isn't. It is just temporarily deactivated.
bellatrixx wrote:Glad it's deleted as well but the lying is just so strange to me. She looked so confused when her mom was "explaining" both the Instagram and Eden situation. If you're gonna make your kid lie the least you could do is prep them Image or maybe just not answer the questions that come up if you don't wanna be honest? Idk I just don't see any benefit in lying like that in front of children. Especially when they're of a certain age. Hanni was like wtf??? Lol Image
I am confused about this too. As evangelical christians I thought they would be all about telling the truth, especially in front of their kids, rather than teaching the kids that lying is okay. I am not saying that Hanni is necessarily telling the 100 % truth (teens can be dramatic), but I honestly believe her side of the stories more than Neysa's. Hanni seemed upset and confused with the stories, while Neysa and Jason just seemed off.
Did they really expect she'd just go along with it? :?
Defuego wrote:Speaking of his job, do we know what he does?
He works as a scheduler at a project controls organization located in Washington (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the company here or whether it's even relevant, so I left it out). They have clients throughout the U.S. (WA, ND, UT, NJ, HI, KS, AL, TX, CA, etc.). As others said, it's basically the oil industry. :)
itsyagirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsyagirl »

byCali wrote:
dahell wrote:Yes, very telling. Then Hanni even had a brief convo with her dad while her mom was ‘splainin that IG business to us. It was a very odd exchange. Only part I watched, thanks for breaking it down for us!
You're welcome, I thought that would be the part people were most interested in. :)

Neysa states that they had to get rid of Eden because the dog had issues. Hanni was not happy with that story and weighted her words carefully before mentioning her being at school and noone “taking care of her (Eden)” (she has previously mentioned how her mom kept Eden in a crate all day). Neysa seems annoyed Hanni doesn’t support the story and Jason ends up getting Hanni to go off-camera. You can then hear them having a discussion about it in the background. Hanni stayed off-camera for a while and only joined back in after her mom told her to.

If you want your heart broken, then head to 9:35-12:00. Shiloh gets upset about Kiah indicating he is messy and goes off-camera. Rather than someone going off-camera to comfort him, they get him back on camera, still visibly upset and crying. He then leaves again and they get him to come back on camera to get comforted. I get that they can't control what happens during a Live, but who in their right mind would ask an upset and crying child to get back on camera? I just don't get it...
ytdramaqueen wrote:I definitely agree. It's fine for them to say their peace but to keep harping on a 13 yr old's Instagram page for a service dog is kinda low. I'm glad it's deleted
The posts might be deleted, but Hanni's Instagram account isn't. It is just temporarily deactivated.
bellatrixx wrote:Glad it's deleted as well but the lying is just so strange to me. She looked so confused when her mom was "explaining" both the Instagram and Eden situation. If you're gonna make your kid lie the least you could do is prep them Image or maybe just not answer the questions that come up if you don't wanna be honest? Idk I just don't see any benefit in lying like that in front of children. Especially when they're of a certain age. Hanni was like wtf??? Lol Image
I am confused about this too. As evangelical christians I thought they would be all about telling the truth, especially in front of their kids, rather than teaching the kids that lying is okay. I am not saying that Hanni is necessarily telling the 100 % truth (teens can be dramatic), but I honestly believe her side of the stories more than Neysa's. Hanni seemed upset and confused with the stories, while Neysa and Jason just seemed off.
He works as a scheduler at a project controls organization located in Washington (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the company here or whether it's even relevant, so I left it out). They have clients throughout the U.S. (WA, ND, UT, NJ, HI, KS, AL, TX, CA, etc.). As others said, it's basically the oil industry. :)
Oh man and what about when she asked Shiloh if he was ''happy'' while he was still crying and nobody comforted him??? How can he be happy? He was visibly still upset. She's so focused on creating the perfect family image that she just blatantly disregards her children's emotions.

I also watched the vlog from when they went to Hawaii back in August or something and she was talking about how Ebby hit some of the airport staff and Shepherd cried during the whole trip. She's literally that obnoxious mom who can't keep her kids under control yet keeps popping out more.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

itsyagirl wrote:
byCali wrote:

Oh man and what about when she asked Shiloh if he was ''happy'' while he was still crying and nobody comforted him??? How can he be happy? He was visibly still upset. She's so focused on creating the perfect family image that she just blatantly disregards her children's emotions.

I also watched the vlog from when they went to Hawaii back in August or something and she was talking about how Ebby hit some of the airport staff and Shepherd cried during the whole trip. She's literally that obnoxious mom who can't keep her kids under control yet keeps popping out more.
Ugh. She’s probably one of those moms that either pretends it didn’t happen (like she didn’t see it) or giggles it off like “aw, are we having a rough day?” My children and I are far from perfect. I know this. A major pet peeve of mine is when a mom pretends she “didnt See”. Like their kids walking across my couch! Or their kid grabbing from my kid. ADDRESS IT at least.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Preslynn »

I don't get these people. He can't get over Felix the cat but names his kid after Scrooge. Obediah.. gosh, Ezrah dodged a bullet.

I can't believe she almost named Hannahniah "Mabel". You had a REAL uncommon name that people wouldn't constantly butcher, but instead you named her a butchered spelling of a man's name from the Bible because another name you loved, Hannah, was too common. You already had a name that WASN'T popular... but "It didn't fit her?"

I never understood that. Most children don't look anything like they did as newborn by the time they're two so choosing something based on what the newborn looks like always seemed strange to me.
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carissa »

Preslynn wrote:I don't get these people. He can't get over Felix the cat but names his kid after Scrooge. Obediah.. gosh, Ezrah dodged a bullet.

I can't believe she almost named Hannahniah "Mabel". You had a REAL uncommon name that people wouldn't constantly butcher, but instead you named her a butchered spelling of a man's name from the Bible because another name you loved, Hannah, was too common. You already had a name that WASN'T popular... but "It didn't fit her?"

I never understood that. Most children don't look anything like they did as newborn by the time they're two so choosing something based on what the newborn looks like always seemed strange to me.
And how does one look like a name?

On a related note, apparently Shiloh used to be called Jedi, for like years? I guess he stopped looking like a Jedi?
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Eclairsu »

Wow, now on their live they don't show their kids at all. Then make another video repeating their live anyways and still no kids. lol I wonder why. lol
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Mabel is such a cute yet strong name. Great for a little girl and a women. A name that fits for a lifetime. What a shame they didn't go with that. Her name is so goofy, at least she has the option to be called Hannah when she's older.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

this family popped up in my recommended so i started to watch a few of their videos and i wasn't shocked to see a thread here for them. to save me from reading 17 long pages of posts can someone throw a synopsis my way? why do they move so much? i know she mentioned something about it being work related but it doesn't make sense. also i feel like maybe the mother lies a lot or am i not paying the videos much attention? something is off
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I hope this works. I'm trying to post 2 pictures but I don't use the app often. I came across this on facebook. THIS is why a child should not be allowed to slap a homemade vest on a dog, call him a service dog, & take him everywhere. Nobody should, but especially not a child.
I didn't screenshot the pics because they're hard to see. Here we have an innocent, TRAINED by professional trainers, service dog, who was attacked by a fake service dog. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 7cf7e9.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 198e69.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

She is so dramatic. Her baby has a 95% chance of survival at 31 weeks. I had homebirths, but her priorities are screwed up. If I had any kind of problem like this, the last thing I'd be concerned about is the stuff she is talking about. I seriously hope she doesn't have any more kids now.

"Anything traumatizing when she comes into this world" Does this woman read Leboyer in 2018?
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carissa »

Preslynn wrote:She is so dramatic. Her baby has a 95% chance of survival at 31 weeks. I had homebirths, but her priorities are screwed up. If I had any kind of problem like this, the last thing I'd be concerned about is the stuff she is talking about. I seriously hope she doesn't have any more kids now.
She feels itchy (so do I, it's the dry indoor heat in the winter!) and she clickbates this into cholestasis which means baby girl is going to be early.

Sometimes I swear she's hoping her kids get diagnosed with stuff so she can get more attention.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Carissa wrote:
Preslynn wrote:She is so dramatic. Her baby has a 95% chance of survival at 31 weeks. I had homebirths, but her priorities are screwed up. If I had any kind of problem like this, the last thing I'd be concerned about is the stuff she is talking about. I seriously hope she doesn't have any more kids now.
She feels itchy (so do I, it's the dry indoor heat in the winter!) and she clickbates this into cholestasis which means baby girl is going to be early.

Sometimes I swear she's hoping her kids get diagnosed with stuff so she can get more attention.
Munchausen’s by proxy anyone? Lol i feel like soooo many parents on YouTube could fall under this. They all want the attention that comes with having a sick/disabled/medically fragile kid. It’s disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Surely, there would be other symptoms than "itching" and vague stuff that sounds plain pregnancy related to me if she really had cholestasis. I did wonder if she made it up, but she recorded the phone call with her midwife. I cannot STAND when people do that. Didn't ask permission, did you Neysa? But hearing the midwife say that her liver was doing "just fine" makes me think she exaggerated big time. I'd be majorly pissed if Neysa recorded a phone call with me without even mentioning it.

Also, kids eat apple sauce pouches in a previous video, you spoon fed Shepherd microwaved oatmeal in the same vlog but it's the coconut whipped cream you have to explain? And how is any of this okay on the paleo diet you apparently are on? Neysa is so full of shit. Yes, I have come to dislike Neysa so much that I resorted to cursing. I don't think cavemen ate any kind of whipped cream, microwaved oatmeal, any of the cereal bars she swears "we can eat on this diet". Uhm, something they did not eat is holding this shit together because they didn't eat grains or modern substitutes that don't exist in nature. Someone needs to homeschool her.

That swing they have, in the middle of the doorway of the most used room in the house of all places, looks dangerous to me. It just looked like they could very easily lose their balance on it, especially Shepherd. And the ground is freaking hardwood floor. I'm usually okay with a little danger. At the park, my kids are ones who climb the highest frames, climb trees and go down the slide any way but on their butts. I'd slide up doorframes as a kid, and mine do the same. But if you buy something like that, you put it where potential falls with be cushioned by something. And not in the middle of the way.

And now Hanni wants to sell her sewed dog stuff, including SERVICE dog stuff? I know it's not illegal to just put a vest on your dog, but it HAS to be illegal for a private person to sell this stuff. Looks like Neysa would rather she make her money than go to school. It really feels like they are riding the gravy train big time. I'm just waiting for the "The Epik Life" shirts like all of these youtubers seem to these days. Like people who could spend all summer in Hawaii with six kids need it.
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Eclairsu »

Neysa is definitely full of crap. Everything that usually comes out of her mouth is either lies or sounds extremely uneducated. I don't think she's homeschooling them at all still. It's pretty obvious she pulled them out to babysit for her. She probably also blows up everything for click bait material too. I'm pretty sure itching during pregnancy is also due to your stomach stretching out. She and her choices just seems ridiculous to me.
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

Maybe she'll get herself a pregnancy service dog
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carissa »

Bobbityfo1 wrote:Maybe she'll get herself a pregnancy service dog Image
An Itch Alert dog. And once baby StrangeName is here she'll send it back because Ebby keeps biting it.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

You guys crack me up so much. I just wish what you're saying wouldn't be so close to the truth.

I don't understand why they got Eden at all if they don't like dogs. Yes, they got Calvin because Hanni loves dogs and he was her responsibility. But who did they think would look after Eden, especially with Hanni in school? Oh right, Neysa doesn't think and Jason seems to just go along with what Neysa wants.

In a recent video, Neysa said that Hanni had allergies in the comments. Hanni often seems to have red splotches around her nose, probably from blowing it. I wonder if they do ANYTHING to help with the symptoms. Homeopathic remedies can work very well for allergies, but somehow I doubt they use even that. It's not Ebby so...
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carissa »

And I'm not sure there is anything actually "wrong" with Ebeneezer (I hated typing that awful name). Neysa has pegged him, in her words, as "a different kind of kid". He most certainly has speech problems, but an actual speech therapist could probably work wonders with him. His inability to communicate at his age level may well be contributing quite a bit to his frustration. In one video he became very angry at one of the kids because they couldn't understand him. I don't see any obvious signs of autism. He seems aware and engaged, is able to focus on regular things like drawing and painting and has a sort of roguish charm that at times comes across as bratty.

But instead of seeking help for his speech issues and his behavior, she seems to want him to have something physically wrong with him. And on the suggestion on a youtube poster she diagnosed him with the rare and elusive PANDAS before even heading out to specialist who makes a lot of money with each new diagnosis. The poor kid is not getting what he needs and is instead being loaded up with medication he may not need and appears not to be helping him.

The validation Neysa gets from her "fans" is not helping these kids. Some will probably grow up to be fine, but some are going to have major issues down the road.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

There is ONE thing we know for sure is wrong with him--his mother.

He REALLY needs speech therapy. I do often feel like speech therapy is overused and started too young in many cases now (a know someone who's 12 months old was put in speech because he didn't say a proper word yet) but it's obvious that he needs it.

If he can pronounce the words but won't because it's "a habit" not to, then what does she want to do? Hope that he'll grow out of a "habit" that will only be harder to correct when he gets older? If he can't "remember the correct way to use the words when he's in a conversation" then he needs help. No you can't "remind him every five seconds". You can put him in speech therapy! What he sounds like repeating after you is irrelevant when he doesn't sound anything like that outside of those situations.

She is latching on to PANDAS but NOT getting him the help he actually needs. It's frustrating. Maybe he is such a pest because of his poor communication skills.

Shepherd is young and maybe I shouldn't compare him to my 20 month old blabbermouth who constantly latches on to words and phrases we say and repeats them until you want to tear your hair out and hasn't stopped saying "No no no no no" to everything since she learned that word, but I don't recall really hearing him speak other than repeating after Neysa. I feel like Shepherd should talk a lot more. At least gibberish or something.
Carissa
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Carissa »

Preslynn wrote:
Shepherd is young and maybe I shouldn't compare him to my 20 month old blabbermouth who constantly latches on to words and phrases we say and repeats them until you want to tear your hair out and hasn't stopped saying "No no no no no" to everything since she learned that word, but I don't recall really hearing him speak other than repeating after Neysa. I feel like Shepherd should talk a lot more. At least gibberish or something.
He's a little behind for sure, although it's hard to say whether he's truly delayed or just doesn't need to talk much because he's catered to by so many in the family. Happened with my youngest sister. She'd just point at what she wanted and several older siblings were always around to accommodate her.

I have noticed that both parents frequently speak baby talk to him, and his father uses a baby voice with him. He's plenty old enough to say car, folks, stop calling it a "vroom, vroom".

Return to “A-H”