myka stauffer

SomeoneNew2
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: myka stauffer

Unread post by SomeoneNew2 »

They are beyond stupid. Just seeing Asian people made this bitch emotional? It's like she's saying all Asians look the same?? Wow!! Did they do any sort of preparation for going to China?? Have they tried learning any of the language at all??
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I opened one of their blogs I think it was the going to China vlog and I turned it off after three seconds because I just got really annoyed
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Oh my word. I want to think that if I hadn't already become jaded to vloggers, then maybe my first impression of Myka would have been more charitable. From the outside, really, I should have liked her. The China/countdown to Huxley vlogs apeared in my sidebar, and I'm all about watching major international international travel and adoption footage. Based on the comments, she is an RN, so theoretically she's not ignorant like the Ellies of the world. But she is extremely neurotic and bizarre - not in an endearing way. I wonder if she is on stimulants for some reason? Maybe prescribed, I'm not saying I think she is a junkie, because I really don't think that, but... girlfriend is borderline frantic. I have seen untreated, severe adult ADHD - and the same, but just poorly treated - and I'm not diagnosing Myka, just wondering if that issue is lurking somewhere near the bottom of her big pile of neuroses. I realize the adoption and travel with multiple small children is stressful, but damn.

Also, as a name, Huxley is problematic for me. I realize it's both an actual surname and potentially a preppy white boy name, but my immediate association was not Aldous Huxley, but rather the Huxtable family and all of Bill Cosby's issues. Also, as he is a child adopted from China, I would think a mom would be concerned with issues of identity and giving him an upbringing where he knows unconditionally that he is wanted and belongs. I'm not saying everyone has to be named John, but I think it's careless and self-absorbed to name him Huxley. Get a hamster for your experiments in naming, Myka.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The gotcha day video made me emotional he must be so confused
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

I have so much secondhand embarrassment for the gotcha day video. She’s trying to make it this lovely emotional video and the whole time he’s trying to get away from her. If I were her, I would not have included that footage. Just sad. I hope the process isn’t too terribly traumatic for him, poor kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
abragella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by abragella »

The one good thing I have to say is at least it looks like they prepared the kids so they didn't swarm Huxley the moment he entered the room. He seemed more relaxed with her husband which I'm sure she probably hates.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

abragella wrote:The one good thing I have to say is at least it looks like they prepared the kids so they didn't swarm Huxley the moment he entered the room. He seemed more relaxed with her husband which I'm sure she probably hates.
yeah, she even shared an instagram pic of James (or whatever his name is) holding and rocking Huxley. Honestly I can't blame the kid. She just has those weird staring eyes, they look scary
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Her aunt shared the video in a FB group i'm in. The reaction from everyone was so kiss assey. I think we are the only ones who find her annoying as shit.
DollarStoreShampoo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DollarStoreShampoo »

It was painful to watch them shoving flashy seizure-inducing crap in his face and Myka trying to ram a lollipop in his mouth. I'm sure her larger-than-life expectations for the big moment were crushed.

Expect a video of her whining that "my son Horcrux doesn't like me."
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I laughed when he didn't want her he senses the crazy already
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

DollarStoreShampoo wrote:It was painful to watch them shoving flashy seizure-inducing crap in his face and Myka trying to ram a lollipop in his mouth. I'm sure her larger-than-life expectations for the big moment were crushed.

Expect a video of her whining that "my son Horcrux doesn't like me."
your comments have me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

just caught up on all the videos of the adoption and travel and i have to say that myka is quite literally manic. i wonder what it feels like to her husband to be married to a toddler. she was so incredibly loud the entire trip which i can chalk some of it up to excitement but the remaining 99.989% of the time it was pure mania.

the 3 minute adoption video did nothing for me but then again i wasn't there and not in their shoes and feeling those emotions. but myka's face looked riddled with disappointment when all huxley wanted to do was cling to.......whatever his name is.......her husband. i really like watching international adoption footage from people on youtube but this video did nothing for me.
caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by caseofwanderlust97 »

The Gotcha Day video made me cringe. The only reason I've stayed subscribed the the Stauffer's for as long as I have is because I would like to adopt from China one day (have wanted to for several years now). From everything I've read about international adoption is that it's comparable to kidnapping for the child, which makes total sense. They're being taken from everything they've ever known and will be adjusting to a completely different culture and life. I would've never included the footage of Huxley crying in the video. To make it seem like he's enjoying being comforted by Myka when he's clearly not is just cruel. He's going to eventually see the video and isn't going to appreciate having the most vulnerable moments of his life played out like reality tv show. I don't blame him one little bit for seeming to take to Jim more than Myka, as I'd probably do the same. Hoping he has a smoother transition in the coming days, weeks and months...
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I was under the impression that Hux was severely disabled. Seems like he will be just fine with Radley, they look about the same age.

I liked the video and the crying is pretty normal, he'll adjust. I also liked the way the other kids reacted, like someone said, they seemed prepared.
DollarStoreShampoo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DollarStoreShampoo »

Myka addressing Huxley about 2 days from now:

Crystal-heart81
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Crystal-heart81 »

Poor Huxley. He's a cute little poppet and if I'm honest I will probably tune in to watch how he adjusts to his new family. It seems a little rushed to just hand him over like that, I have a friend who adopted from the Philippines and they went and met their son at the orphanage and hung out and played all day for several days before they took him to the hotel with him, then they spent another week with him full time but visiting the orphanage in the day so he could get to know them in a comfortable environment before being handed over. Maybe it's a similar case but it seems like they met him then just took him straight away.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

That video made me sob, and not in a "wowwww what a miracle, myka is so generous and isn't it great that she's getting the child she wants!" sort of way.

The first clips of him playing, H was happy. He reminded me of Bonnie's Boston a bit, in a way I can't entirely explain. But he tried to nope the fuck out of there, which is what I would do if someone told me Myka was going to be my new mommy too. Then when she's "comforting" him, he is trying to hurl himself out of her arms. That poor boy, my heart broke for him.

Did this really all happen in the course of a day? How awful. I can't imagine what he must be feeling. I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but the few international adoptions I know the particulars of have (like the Philippine adoption mentioned by another poster) involved a much longer amount of time for the adoptive children to adjust to the new family.

My weird uncle spent longer than this "courting" his mail order bride in person before bringing her home, and she was an adult who had chosen this for herself and spent time learning some English.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

It is traumatic, but he's so young, he'll never remember this and he's way better off with a family then lingering in an orphanage or foster care. I don't think Myka and James had any control over how the adoption went down.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

seriously7 wrote:It is traumatic, but he's so young, he'll never remember this and he's way better off with a family then lingering in an orphanage or foster care. I don't think Myka and James had any control over how the adoption went down.
i don't think anyone here was saying they did or that he would be better off lingering in an orphanage. people are here voicing their concerns and rightfully so
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

just watched their new video on the 'gotcha day' which made me even more uncomfortable. at 8:13 in the video the husband grabs myka's oldest child and brings her out of the frame for god knows what reason. i keep playing it over and over trying to figure out why that was done in the first place but it doesn't look like she was doing anything wrong other than staring at huxley then about 20 seconds later when she tries to go back into frame the video cuts to a frame without her once again. does anyone else not think that's beyond weird?

i am not saying myka is a horrible parent because i think the opposite but i can see why huxley attached to what's his name the way that he did. i feel like myka is extremely clingy just in the videos she has made and how she acts in the more candid videos on their family channel but i could be wrong. i also can't help but think a lot of this adoption thing on her side of things was or is being done for show.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”