Pits of paradis

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pits of paradis

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Ya the fact that they both have other children is what gets me. I'm sure that's part of the reason but they clearly know how pregnancy works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ugh I hate how she just copies and pastes the same response to everyone. It seems impersonal to me and it's not like she gets a whole lot of comments that she can't keep up with

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I'm surprised their paediatrician suggested they give Harper rice cereal at 4 months old. That baby can't even nearly sit up yet and there is zero nutritional benefit to giving it to your child. There are a lot of comments telling her this. She replied to one saying the doctor said it would help Harper sleep through the night and apparently she's been sleeping through the night since they started the rice cereal.. a 4 month old not sleeping through the night isn't a bad thing, she's a baby, waking through the night is what they do.
I would of though Britney would do more research on when and what to feed your baby. And what paediatrician is still telling first time mothers to feed their baby's rice cereal? That's such old school advice.

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

That's kind of weird she didn't do more research about the rice cereal but did research the formula, diapers, etc they use on Harper.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Personal blurb,

My daughter's doctor reccomended she start rice cereal when she was 3months old because she was sitting unassisted and showing all other signs of readiness. She ended up vomiting after every feeding, even if it was just a spoonful. Doctor said it was normal and I wasn't okay with that answer, so I researched myself. I was absolutely disgusted that this was being reccomended. Even if a child seems ready, their stomach isn't- and Harper doesn't even seem ready!

I wish people would listen to other people's advice and research it. We were lucky my daughter had a instant reaction that let me know something was wrong. Other times the reactions are long term and much more problematic. It's not worth the risk.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

If that many people are telling you to not feed your child whatever that crap is that they were feeding her, you should probably do some more research.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I skipped the cereal all together and at 6 months gave them avacado and then every week tried something new. I dont know what the rush is... a 4 month old not sleeping through the night is totally normal.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

I find their who adoption situation weird and touchy. They seem like a sweet family but I could totally see resentment from Harper or birth parents at some point in the future. Especially with all of the open closeness, and visits from Sara's family. Just a curiosity would the birth parents ever babysit like a date night for Brittney and Joe? You know how people will have family "aunts and uncles" watch their kids for a little outing, could that bring up feelings? or the frequent visits eventually cause tension or what if Ben and Sarah break up? The types of issues that could come up are endless. Right now Harper is young and everything is happy go-lucky but as the years set in couldn't you see things like this happening?
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

nugget12 wrote:I find their who adoption situation weird and touchy. They seem like a sweet family but I could totally see resentment from Harper or birth parents at some point in the future. Especially with all of the open closeness, and visits from Sara's family. Just a curiosity would the birth parents ever babysit like a date night for Brittney and Joe? You know how people will have family "aunts and uncles" watch their kids for a little outing, could that bring up feelings? or the frequent visits eventually cause tension or what if Ben and Sarah break up? The types of issues that could come up are endless. Right now Harper is young and everything is happy go-lucky but as the years set in couldn't you see things like this happening?
I've never been anywhere near this type of situation and I don't really know anyone that was adopted, but I agree that it could get "sticky" when Harper gets older and understands who is actually who. Her birth parents are her birth mom's family are in her life so much, it seems odd they gave her up. This is a completely out there thought and I have nothing to back it up, but what if Harper's birth parents got pregnant just to give the baby to Brittney and Joe to adopt?
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

Harper looks a lot like Joe. Some times I wonder if it was a back alley surrogacy with a turkey baster.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think Harper looks like Sarah through and through. Like immaculate conception, no one else involved, they cloned Sarah lol

nugget12
Talker
Talker

I've never been anywhere near this type of situation and I don't really know anyone that was adopted, but I agree that it could get "sticky" when Harper gets older and understands who is actually who. Her birth parents are her birth mom's family are in her life so much, it seems odd they gave her up. This is a completely out there thought and I have nothing to back it up, but what if Harper's birth parents got pregnant just to give the baby to Brittney and Joe to adopt?[/quote]

I could see that but then why not agree to do a surrogacy type thing were the baby is biologically Brittney and Joe but carried by Sarah. But, in the adoption interview they acted like it was a surrogacy situation more then an adoption. Brittney also does a lot for them holding parties, giving the girls a lot of gifts, holding a birthday party I wonder with her being their aunt aside if she feels she is obligated to do this because of Harper.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nugget12 wrote:I've never been anywhere near this type of situation and I don't really know anyone that was adopted, but I agree that it could get "sticky" when Harper gets older and understands who is actually who. Her birth parents are her birth mom's family are in her life so much, it seems odd they gave her up. This is a completely out there thought and I have nothing to back it up, but what if Harper's birth parents got pregnant just to give the baby to Brittney and Joe to adopt?

I could see that but then why not agree to do a surrogacy type thing were the baby is biologically Brittney and Joe but carried by Sarah. But, in the adoption interview they acted like it was a surrogacy situation more then an adoption. Brittney also does a lot for them holding parties, giving the girls a lot of gifts, holding a birthday party I wonder with her being their aunt aside if she feels she is obligated to do this because of Harper.[/quote]

I think that's just the type of person she is. Did you see the vlog where they shopped for a family in need? The family had 4 kids and they must of spent close to $500 on them. I think they're just generous, giving people. There probably is some obligation to be extra nice to Ben and Sarah and their kids, but those kids are also their nieces so I'm sure they spoilt them before Harper ever came along.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What interested me about the adoption interview was how Sarah was so nonchalant about it. Like she had decided from the second she found out she was pregnant that she didn't want the baby so she didn't get connected at all to the baby. She seemed so chill about placing her baby up for adoption. I guess they're lucky that the people who adopted Harper are family and they know who she is going to, but she didn't seem emotional about it at all. It was strange to me.

nugget12
Talker
Talker

staceybrax wrote:What interested me about the adoption interview was how Sarah was so nonchalant about it. Like she had decided from the second she found out she was pregnant that she didn't want the baby so she didn't get connected at all to the baby. She seemed so chill about placing her baby up for adoption. I guess they're lucky that the people who adopted Harper are family and they know who she is going to, but she didn't seem emotional about it at all. It was strange to me.

Yes it was strange. If someone didn't know better they would think she was a surrogate not her biological mother.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

It's very strange to me as well the way the adoption went down I can't believe it isn't awkward for them and so normal.

My parents almost adopted my aunts twins and ended up not doing so because of how awkward it would be, she didn't feel comfortable with their birth mom visiting frequently and possibly trying to take them away. My grandparents adopted them instead. They did a great job and they are now happy adults and because of this I was born, my mom got pregnant right after having to give them up.

nugget12
Talker
Talker

MommaLindsey2 wrote:It's very strange to me as well the way the adoption went down I can't believe it isn't awkward for them and so normal.

My parents almost adopted my aunts twins and ended up not doing so because of how awkward it would be, she didn't feel comfortable with their birth mom visiting frequently and possibly trying to take them away. My grandparents adopted them instead. They did a great job and they are now happy adults and because of this I was born, my mom got pregnant right after having to give them up.

Yes for some reason that happens a lot people adopt then are able to get pregnant. Maybe the body releases some sort of chemical it's now ready to become a parent that it could not before.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Princessyen12 wrote:Harper looks a lot like Joe. Some times I wonder if it was a back alley surrogacy with a turkey baster.
We can't all be off when sharing the same thoughts, imo. I was suss from the get go and the adoption story vlog with Sarah cinched it for me. Obviously no hard evidence, but highly possible Joe is the bio dad and it's an 'on the down low' surrogacy deal. They couldn't have Britney be the bio mom as obvs would not be possible without involving others outside the family. Just a hunch.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Scar2016 wrote:
Princessyen12 wrote:Harper looks a lot like Joe. Some times I wonder if it was a back alley surrogacy with a turkey baster.
We can't all be off when sharing the same thoughts, imo. I was suss from the get go and the adoption story vlog with Sarah cinched it for me. Obviously no hard evidence, but highly possible Joe is the bio dad and it's an 'on the down low' surrogacy deal. They couldn't have Britney be the bio mom as obvs would not be possible without involving others outside the family. Just a hunch.
I am wondering why they would hide it, couldn't they have made Brittney the Bio mom? People carry children for couples then is biologically both parents. Unless Brittney had an egg problem.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

nugget12 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
I am wondering why they would hide it, couldn't they have made Brittney the Bio mom? People carry children for couples then is biologically both parents. Unless Brittney had an egg problem.
No idea. I just feel they're holding something back (their choice) having watched their family dynamics regards this topic.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”