2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by blackroses »

Peacebewithyou wrote:
sadie wrote:Lol I can't believe she actually went into Labour at the star wars movie. That's hilarious.
Except she didn't go into labor. She was induced. I've had five children and labor is not "inconsistent contractions". She was having latent or prodromal labor which is not active labor. When she got to the hospital she was likely already 4cm so they let her stay and induced her with pitocin. I've had three inductions done this way (one was twins) and one completely natural out of hospital birth. I'm glad everything went well and her and Charlie are happy and healthy. She has two amazing beautiful children :love2:
Her water broke in the theater I would consider that going into labor, even if they weren't consistent I would gladly get induced if it's healthier for the baby. Not sure what would've happened if she kept him in there longer
Peacebewithyou
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Peacebewithyou »

blackroses wrote:
Peacebewithyou wrote:
sadie wrote:Lol I can't believe she actually went into Labour at the star wars movie. That's hilarious.
Except she didn't go into labor. She was induced. I've had five children and labor is not "inconsistent contractions". She was having latent or prodromal labor which is not active labor. When she got to the hospital she was likely already 4cm so they let her stay and induced her with pitocin. I've had three inductions done this way (one was twins) and one completely natural out of hospital birth. I'm glad everything went well and her and Charlie are happy and healthy. She has two amazing beautiful children :love2:
Her water broke in the theater I would consider that going into labor, even if they weren't consistent I would gladly get induced if it's healthier for the baby. Not sure what would've happened if she kept him in there longer

Ohhh I skipped over that part apparently. Two of my inductions were for that exact reason- water broke and inconsistent contractions. I would never imply that being induced is a negative thing. My inductions were fine and resulted in normal vaginal deliveries. Like I said I'm glad everything went well. I was just saying she didn't go into labor at the theater that's all.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Eh I definitely consider it going into labor when your water breaks. There's no turning back after that.
Jeybee27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jeybee27 »

"our first little outing as a family" lily was in school.. where they not a family before Charlie was born? Lol
Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

Charlie looks just like David ImageImage he's so adorable! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 127923.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I liked how Vanessa didn't correct Lily when she kept calling Charlie "hers." Vaness just replied "Yes he does have on a hat."

Please let Vanessa mature a little bit!
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

If she didn't know if she wanted him on a paci why did she buy him that stupid wubanub? She films him with a different paci at the Dr's office, then at target she has a two pack of those green pacis in her cart, she's using one on him at the photography place and when they are eating. I really hope she isn't using it as a shut up soother.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

hey girl hey007 wrote:If she didn't know if she wanted him on a paci why did she buy him that stupid wubanub? She films him with a different paci at the Dr's office, then at target she has a two pack of those green pacis in her cart, she's using one on him at the photography place and when they are eating. I really hope she isn't using it as a shut up soother.
She's probably trying to wean him off the boob.

Lol!

Seems like she does it to hold him off when it's feeding time...suck away Charlie mama will feed you when she has time.

SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

From her vlogs it seems like she's not feeding him when he wants to but when it's his time to nurse. She mentions schedules so she probably feeds him at certain times. And in between, she uses the paci. Which I thought would confuse breastfeeding babies?
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

"He went down from his birth weight, we need to work on breastfeeding." Later in the car "he needed a snack, it isn't time to feed him yet" just feed the poor child Vanessa! He's probably not getting enough.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

SunnyLove wrote:From her vlogs it seems like she's not feeding him when he wants to but when it's his time to nurse. She mentions schedules so she probably feeds him at certain times. And in between, she uses the paci. Which I thought would confuse breastfeeding babies?

I was scared in the beginning of breastfeeding because I've heard the binky can trick newborns into thinking they're on the boob so they sometimes fall asleep while still hungry. Since she's new to breastfeeding I think she could be creating a problem for herself as far as nipple confusion and stuff
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

Of the 'Big' youtube parents, I watch Vanessa + David, Britney + Ean, Jess + Chris, and Oscar + Kiara. Out of all of them (even Jess' many man friends), Vanessa and David are the only two who actually seem to genuinely love each other and be in love with each other. Britney and Ean clearly love each other but I think only time is going to tell with them and how in love they are. Oscar and Kiara...he comes across as a complete prat. And let's not even go there with Jess & Co.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

Also that baby has a great set of lungs :')
Kmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kmommy »

SweetAsANutMate wrote:Of the 'Big' youtube parents, I watch Vanessa + David, Britney + Ean, Jess + Chris, and Oscar + Kiara. Out of all of them (even Jess' many man friends), Vanessa and David are the only two who actually seem to genuinely love each other and be in love with each other. Britney and Ean clearly love each other but I think only time is going to tell with them and how in love they are. Oscar and Kiara...he comes across as a complete prat. And let's not even go there with Jess & Co.
I was thinking the same. Who knows if Brit and Ean would still be together if they stopped with just Aria /:
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Especially when babe is so little, she needs to feed on demand. The only thing she needs to do aside from "feed him when he's hungry" is wake him to eat every 2 hours during the day if he's still sleeping. At night you can have one 5 hour stint but every two hours is best.

If she waits until he's starving to feed him, her nipples will be extra sore because baby will suck more desperately.

Ditch the schedule. Feed your child when he's hungry.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
loveoctober
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loveoctober »

Please Banesaaa STOP calling him "buddy"

Sleepybirds
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sleepybirds »

ladymama wrote:Especially when babe is so little, she needs to feed on demand. The only thing she needs to do aside from "feed him when he's hungry" is wake him to eat every 2 hours during the day if he's still sleeping. At night you can have one 5 hour stint but every two hours is best.

If she waits until he's starving to feed him, her nipples will be extra sore because baby will suck more desperately.

Ditch the schedule. Feed your child when he's hungry.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Agree. The whole "babies only need to eat every two hours" schedule nonsense really messed me up in the beginning. My son was way hungrier than that and I would not feed him on demand because he had just nursed for ten minutes an hour ago, he couldn't possibly be hungry again. Then I would wonder why he was rooting around and crying. I was so bad at breastfeeding for the first 2 weeks, Omg. FEED YOUR BABIES ON DEMAND.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

The feeding schedule could stem from what she was told to do when lily was born. In the Nicu babies are on a strict feeding schedule because preemie babies don't usually wake when they're hungry. Lily was probably on a strict 2 or 3 hourly feeding schedule and so Vanessa is probably doing this with Charlie because that's what she knows. She should feed him on demand though.

excited_nugget
Informer
Informer

Unread post by excited_nugget »

Jeybee27 wrote:"our first little outing as a family" lily was in school.. where they not a family before Charlie was born? Lol
Yeah, that really rubbed me the wrong way.

mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
mac-n-cheese wrote:
Lol I didn't poop with either of mine. And I don't know anyone who has pooped.
Don't worry not everyone does
This makes me laugh. You more than likely did, you just have no clue you did. Nurses and doctors don't exactly shriek "Oh my God we got a shitter here!" They literally just wipe your butt and move on. I know my cousin shit herself, I watched it with my own two eyes. She asked later if she did the nurse and Dr both told her no. ;)
Nope lol. I watched both of my kids come out.
No poop.

Return to “2011teenagemom”