2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Unread post by smom12 »

It just brings back bad memories for me. I insisted I BF, had my daughter's lip and tongue tie fixed, did everything and by a month old she had LOST weight. I went to WIC and she made me feel like the biggest piece of shit. Doctor told me to supplement but of course my supply went to worse. I put her on formula only and finally after 6 weeks and a lot of tears she gained weight.

Look Vanessa, I know it's hard and it sucks and your body is not your own and you want to BF. Take it from someone who has been there... go to a lactation consultant. Supplement with formula. Goddamnit FEED THE BABY WHENEVER AND WHATEVER HE NEEDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

Why doesn't she pump and bottle feed in public? Why did she buy s pump if she isn't going to use it? There's no excuse for making him wait. Britney just had her baby yesterday, and she weighs one ounce less than 1mo old Charlie! I get that he lost weight when he was sick, but he should still be gaining weight faster than he is.
Anniekins
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Anniekins »

MommaOfThree wrote:Why doesn't she pump and bottle feed in public? Why did she buy s pump if she isn't going to use it? There's no excuse for making him wait. Britney just had her baby yesterday, and she weighs one ounce less than 1mo old Charlie! I get that he lost weight when he was sick, but he should still be gaining weight faster than he is.
Yeah, I didn't understand why she was talking about going on a pumping schedule. There's no need for her to pump, she's a SAHM. I can understand the occasional pumping for a night out or something, but you don't need a pumping schedule!

Pumping for a feed in public sounds like a pain to me. You have to find time to pump the milk to have for the outing, then you have to pump again to make up for the missing nursing, while you were feeding the bottle. It's easier to do that type of thing when they're older. You nurse so much with a newborn, it's hard to find the time. And you shouldn't have to! Just nurse in public. If you're not comfortable, use a cover. Really, though, it's pretty common. I can tell when people nurse in public because I've done it. If I saw them before I had kids, I would just think they were holding their baby a lot of the time.

When you have a newborn, just nurse whenever they're fussy. Nurse when they wake up, before they go down. Nurse, nurse, nurse. Vanessa has an almost 5 year old. She goes to school (Lily I mean). It shouldn't be that hard. My kids are all 2 years apart, so I was nursing with needy toddlers around. Vanessa has it pretty easy.
HelloImJade
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HelloImJade »

I don't know if it's just me but the underwear that Vanessa posted on Snapchat look as if they have blood stains on the crotch area. If that's the case, then that's just dirty.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

HelloImJade wrote:I don't know if it's just me but the underwear that Vanessa posted on Snapchat look as if they have blood stains on the crotch area. If that's the case, then that's just dirty.

It's prob only bought one pair and wears them every day
nanguiano08
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nanguiano08 »

Unfortunately it sounds like she's having transfer problems. Meaning he isn't properly latching right or something. She should definitely see an IBLC & have his tongue and lips checked. Supplementing isn't something I'd introduce yet bc he is still so new and if he's having wet diapers and poops regularly then he's okay. Supplementing will only mess up the supply she's apparently trying to work on. Some babies are just tiny and they lose weight after they're born anyway. As much as I despise her she's just needing better breastfeeding support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Atrigsdad
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Atrigsdad »

We have all said breastfeeding was hard. Hell I was so determined with my 2nd. He wouldn't latch on at all. Which we found out was because of a lip and tongue tie. Feeding through is ties literally put me in excruciating pain. During the entire feed I cried because it hurt that bad. I ended up pumping every 2 hours for him, while continuing to better our latch. Finally at 3 weeks old he was able to latch on. As a breastfeeding mother, you need to feed that baby whenever he is hungry. Your driving for two hours straight? Pull over somewere safe and feed him. Your in target and he's hungry? FUCKING FEED HIM. at this point nobody even cares if you just give him formula. He's not gaining weight at all, regaurdless of how much he lost after birth he should of been back up to his birth weight by no more then 2 weeks old. Breastfeeding doesn't just come natural to every mom and every baby. So many of us have problems with it. Some can't even do it. Nobody's going to give her shit if she switches to formula. All that matters is her kids stay healthy and fed! I know some babies don't gain to quickly even when breastfed, but 5 oz in one month? That's absurd. Even with my son I never woke him to feed. Whenever he wanted it, he got it. I'd never make him wait for it, I'd never force him to wake up to eat either. Can this girl atleast go talk to jesssssss if she won't see a LC. She's been breastfeeding long enough [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

https://fedisbest.org/2017/01/accidenta ... ther-moms/
Vanessa, if you still read here, please take a look at this link. Maybe everything with Charlie is perfectly fine and he's just going to be a tiny little boy, but I don't want you to end up looking back and realizing he was hungry (if he truly is).
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Britney's doing great well apparently. She needs to read her tweets before posting them lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Breastfeeding is rough. I really struggled the first 2 months. I had to pump and supplement for a few weeks, then my son finally latched with a shield. Stopped occasional formula and nursed + pumping then by 2-3 months we were all set. He nursed for 18 months. A rough start does not mean it won't end up being okay. It's super stressful but I do hope Vanessa talks to Jess or sees a LC or something. I'm sure she's exhausted and super stressed out. I just know as Charlie's pediatrician I wouldn't be comfortable with that weight gain in a month. But, he did drop quite a bit of weight early on so the fact he's up to 8 lbs may not be too bad? I honestly don't know the details. Some babies are slow to gain weight, but in order to determine that you have to exhaust all other options first. My son was born at almost 9 lbs, went down to 8 lbs 4 oz then by a month was almost 10 lbs. He didn't gain weight rapidly like Jess' Addie. So who knows I just hope she can figure it out and realize if she does need to supplement a little, it doesn't mean she failed.

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

To Britney on twitter "I'm so glad you guys are doing great well" *shoots self in the face* does she ever read what she types

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

To Britney on twitter "I'm so glad you guys are doing great well" *shoots self in the face* does she ever read what she types

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

At what point would her Drs recommend supplementing or switching completely? He's not gaining weight. Whether that be because Vanessa doesn't feed him on demand or whether she's not producing enough(to no fault of her own) she needs some sort of intervention. I don't know if she's too proud to admit that she wasn't able to BF (no shame in that at all!) or whatever her issue is.

Atrigsdad
Amateur
Amateur

ForeverGauc01 wrote:At what point would her Drs recommend supplementing or switching completely? He's not gaining weight. Whether that be because Vanessa doesn't feed him on demand or whether she's not producing enough(to no fault of her own) she needs some sort of intervention. I don't know if she's too proud to admit that she wasn't able to BF (no shame in that at all!) or whatever her issue is.

I'm pretty sure her ped. Would recommend supplementing now. There's no way they would be ok with him only gaining 5 oz past his birth weight by a month old. Like another poster said, breastfeeding is hard. Even if she needs to supplement while they continue to improve their nursing. She may have a low supply, which can take weeks to even regulate. Their could be latch issues, which could cause milk transfer issues. A number of different things can be to blame. Regardless she needs to suck up her pride and do what she needs to do. Breastfeeding isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Whatever the case may be, there are things she can do, in the time being though supplementing or even exclusive pumping may really help right now until she figures it out

Atrigsdad
Amateur
Amateur

Wow, I've got some typos in that post [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] oh well, shit happens when you're exhausted and trying to stay awake while you nurse you're baby back to sleep. Don't mind my errors lol

lilwhiteindian
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilwhiteindian »

A friend of mine posted this link on Facebook yesterday http://www.emmapickettbreastfeedingsupp ... -obsession and it reminded me of Vanessa. I really hope she does read here and that she understands that feeding baby on demand is so important! I also hope she realises that if she has to switch to formula then it doesn't mean she's failed, as most of you have already said.

D33f
Talker
Talker

Unread post by D33f »

Question about formula, is it really all that bad? It's obviously not ideal and breast milk is much more nutritious but Is it such a terrible alternative ?

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I'm wondering if his UTI was taken in account of his lack of weight gain. If he was lethargic and had a high temp then his appetite could of gone down and wouldn't eat- unless she said something different in a video. But feed on demand Vanessa, don't worry to much about the "correct" time between feedings. Don't fight natural instincts- don't stress too much and do what you can, no one understanding will shame you if you supplement with formula to help him gain a bit a weight.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

D33f wrote:Question about formula, is it really all that bad? It's obviously not ideal and breast milk is much more nutritious but Is it such a terrible alternative ?

Man you are opening Pandora's box lol. But yea breastmilk is better for the simple fact of the immunity you give your baby.

However, formula feeds them and gives them proper nutrients as well. I had low supply with both and they thrived on formula.

Not to be sarcastic, but do you live in US? A lot of moms will look down on other moms here because they formula feed. Some of these moms have a high and mighty attitude about it, like you are a failure if you can't feed them.

Bullshit. However they eat they will thrive.

*goes to put soap box in corner*

D33f
Talker
Talker

Unread post by D33f »

smom12 wrote:
D33f wrote:Question about formula, is it really all that bad? It's obviously not ideal and breast milk is much more nutritious but Is it such a terrible alternative ?

Man you are opening Pandora's box lol. But yea breastmilk is better for the simple fact of the immunity you give your baby.

However, formula feeds them and gives them proper nutrients as well. I had low supply with both and they thrived on formula.

Not to be sarcastic, but do you live in US? A lot of moms will look down on other moms here because they formula feed. Some of these moms have a high and mighty attitude about it, like you are a failure if you can't feed them.

Bullshit. However they eat they will thrive.

*goes to put soap box in corner*

I don't live in the US which is why I'm always wondering why it's made out to be a cardinal sin to formula feed. Unless it's total junk it seems like second best and maybe not such a big deal. No wonder Vanessa or others are terrified of the alternative.

Return to “2011teenagemom”