2011teenagemom Part 9

Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011teenagemom Part 9

Unread post by Dumbledore »

Hope she vlogs their first bus ride. THAT I would watch and I haven't seen any of her vlogs other than the announcement ones in a long time.
herbaltea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by herbaltea »

Dumbledore wrote:Hope she vlogs their first bus ride. THAT I would watch and I haven't seen any of her vlogs other than the announcement ones in a long time.
You probably haven't missed a thing. Lol!
Cough
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Cough »

I don't know how buses are down where she lives, but up here they are very, very confusing. I hope she can find her way around alright. It's great that she is taking steps to be more independent.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Dumbledore wrote:Hope she vlogs their first bus ride. THAT I would watch and I haven't seen any of her vlogs other than the announcement ones in a long time.
This would be great.
Since Lily is so little, does she get free bus rides - or how does that work? Did Lily have to get a pass too?
And where was this posted? I couldn't find anything on IG or FB
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

About the video that was posted a few pages back - how in the heck did she know she was ovulating unless she was planning. I mean IMO that is weird. I have two kids & still am not really 100% of when I am ovulating. And at 18 I sure as he'll didn't know. I got pregnant when I was 19 - unplanned - and I was not that chipper about it when I first found out. I was scared even though I was with my boyfriend/now husband for a while and we had a
Ready talked about someday getting married and having kids. My parents weren't mean, but they weren't right off the bat excited. They were disappointed. I was scared & disappointed in myself. It took me a while to be excited.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

LuckyCharm wrote:About the video that was posted a few pages back - how in the heck did she know she was ovulating unless she was planning. I mean IMO that is weird. I have two kids & still am not really 100% of when I am ovulating. And at 18 I sure as he'll didn't know. I got pregnant when I was 19 - unplanned - and I was not that chipper about it when I first found out. I was scared even though I was with my boyfriend/now husband for a while and we had a
Ready talked about someday getting married and having kids. My parents weren't mean, but they weren't right off the bat excited. They were disappointed. I was scared & disappointed in myself. It took me a while to be excited.

^Exactly. Even myself, I have been married for 2 years, I would still be shocked and upset at first if we got pregnant right now. There is no way Vanessa wasn't planning Lily.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

LuckyCharm wrote:About the video that was posted a few pages back - how in the heck did she know she was ovulating unless she was planning. I mean IMO that is weird. I have two kids & still am not really 100% of when I am ovulating. And at 18 I sure as he'll didn't know. I got pregnant when I was 19 - unplanned - and I was not that chipper about it when I first found out. I was scared even though I was with my boyfriend/now husband for a while and we had a
Exactly! And she tested 4 days after she was supposed to ovulate. I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant, and God knows how many times I cried because I was so scared and disappointed. It took me a while to tell my family because I knew I was in no position to be having a baby.
:love2:
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

Snow White wrote:Age is but yet a number. When you lay down and act as an adult, there are adult consequences. I could careless how old Vanessa was when she conceived lily. She has failed and continues to fail in maturing since the birth of her child. Lily's basic needs appear to be met, by the MULITPLE adults caring for her. While Vanessa, could and should use this opportunity (all the help she receives) to further her in her life, she appears CONTENT to remain stagnant in life.

If she's happy with that, more power to her. I, along with my husband, personally want to give our children more, we want to experience more, we want to give them everything we can. But that's us. Not everyone has the same goals in life. From what Vanessa has chosen to show us, she has very different goals in life, that's okay.

Becoming Pregnant during your Teens, should not be a crutch you lean on for the rest of your life. If you feel the need to be classed as a "teen mom" I would feel the need to ask you WHY that matters so much to YOU? Because MOST people DON'T CARE WHEN you became pregnant, they care about HOW you are as a parent...
Very well said! I think she just has a hard time letting go of the fantasy of what she thought it would be and deal with the reality. I'm a very stubborn and determined person so when I found out I was pregnant at 18 other than his father I didn't tell anyone until I was sure what I was going to do. I had it already in my heart that with or without my now husband I was going to keep him. My actions and life after that were with the knowledge I needed to go to school and move ahead. Vanessa didn't seem to do that or finding out about TS put her in a new frame of mind. I think once her mom moves back to Peru she will start to step up more. Having a baby that young is hard enough but adding in having a baby that requires so much is pretty difficult.
mariaaliviax
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mariaaliviax »

its about damn time that she got a friggin bus pass. in the city i live in, in ontario canada, any child under the age of 12 with a paying adult is free, and most places anyone under 5 or so is freee so i doubt she had to buy lily her own pass
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

I think most of the Youtube mothers who are discussed on this board, teens or not, planned their pregnancies. Most of them are lazy narcissists who never want to work an actual day in their life and see their children as cash cows. Vanessa is no exception. If I got knocked up at 18 and it was unplanned, the last thing I would do is jump on Youtube, create an account and start documenting my life (this has been the argument with other teen moms too, not just Vanessa). If you're in no way emotionally or financially ready for a baby, you would not be excited or happy to be pregnant. I also agree with whoever said it's weird that she knew when she was ovulating if she wasn't trying. I'm almost 20 and I wouldn't have the faintest idea when I ovulate. It's odd to track your cycles unless you're trying to conceive.

Again, this isn't me "nitpicking on Vanessa", because I said that it applies to most of the mothers discussed on this forum, but I just wanted to weigh in on that argument.
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

It's not only YT look at 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom. I don't know about the rest of you that were young moms but the only way we had an apartment and the rest was from hard work and sacrifice. It wasn't all the fun and glamorous the way it's portrayed. The only upside for me is my son watches and says "are they crazy? Having kids now would suck"
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

QueenBooBoo1216 wrote:It's not only YT look at 16 and pregnant and Teen Mom. I don't know about the rest of you that were young moms but the only way we had an apartment and the rest was from hard work and sacrifice. It wasn't all the fun and glamorous the way it's portrayed. The only upside for me is my son watches and says "are they crazy? Having kids now would suck"
I've never seen Teen Mom, so I can't comment on that.

But yes, most of these "teen moms" (not on this site, but on Youtube etc) have no idea what hard work is; some of them have never worked a day in their life.
swampymagic
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by swampymagic »

Its not that weird to know when you're ovulating...if you're in tune with your body and cycle you will know. I know just by the way I'm feeling. But its around 2 weeks after your period.
mommalurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mommalurker »

When I was in HS when I ovulated was prob the last thing on my mind. I wouldn't have even know the signs of ovulation or cared to figure them out back then! I never watched her early videos, but claiming to know when she ovulated and testing just 4 days after definitely seems sketchy! Not surprising if she did plan her pregnancy. I'm skeptical of nearly all these super young moms claiming unplanned pregnancy and jumping on YT with their freshly peed on test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

^^^ that's what I'm saying I never even thought about ovulating when I was in high school. Lol..the only way I knew I was pregnant with my first was because I was on the pill & my period week came & nothing happened. My periods were never on time except when I was on BC. & I always took my pill on time..never missed one EVER. so I tested. Then I went to planned parenthood because I was so afraid to tell my parents & was so ashamed. I wanted to make sure I was truly pregnant before I told anyone - besides my now husband. Especially since I was on birth control. I never would have thought to immediately jump on YT and make a video about how excited I was - probably because I wasn't excited I was shitting my pants. Lol
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I'm probably the opposite in this discussion, I had a really good sex health teacher in year 9 who realised that half the kids were gonna end up pregnant due to schools trying scare tactics and preaching celibacy instead of what should of been taught, safe sex. She explained the whole thing about ovulation tell tale signs, how pregnancy works and how the human body works. I figured out my body, read as much information online and was able to tell when I was ovulating and when my period was coming in time to prepare myself since I use to get cramps so bad I had to stay in bed with powerful painkillers. And then I got birth control.

My sister is 16 and tracks her period and knows when she is ovulating. I doubt she is trying to get pregnant since her dream boy/s are from One Direction and 5SOS
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Before I was on any type of BC, I could tell when I was ovulating. Actually, I'm not 100% sure it was ovulation, but I'm pretty sure. I had a very specific type of cramp and discharge around the middle of my cycle that only lasted a couple days.
Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

From her fb:
"Tomorrow will be our first time on a bus and Im super pumped for our adventure! IM SO LAME LOL Its funny though because when I told my family (whom are all busy with work) that I was going to a doctor appointment alone with Lily on a bus they all wanted to clear up there schedules to take me! I guess I know why I am so sheltered and always being taxied around LOL"

yes Vanessa...its everyone else's fault you're sheltered. Wouldn't be surprised if she told them she was taking the bus with a weird "pity me" tone and made them feel guilty. Why else would they offer to take off work when she already purchased her bus pass? Nona probably feels anxious since this is the first time V goes to a doctor appointment on her own with Lily. Wonder if she's gonna wear any of that "more mature mother clothes" she bought last year for this kind of thing.
mariaaliviax
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mariaaliviax »

guess she could wear those business outfits she bought a couple months ago lmfaooo
09love
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 09love »

Dumbledore wrote:From her fb:
"Tomorrow will be our first time on a bus and Im super pumped for our adventure! IM SO LAME LOL Its funny though because when I told my family (whom are all busy with work) that I was going to a doctor appointment alone with Lily on a bus they all wanted to clear up there schedules to take me! I guess I know why I am so sheltered and always being taxied around LOL"

yes Vanessa...its everyone else's fault you're sheltered. Wouldn't be surprised if she told them she was taking the bus with a weird "pity me" tone and made them feel guilty. Why else would they offer to take off work when she already purchased her bus pass? Nona probably feels anxious since this is the first time V goes to a doctor appointment on her own with Lily. Wonder if she's gonna wear any of that "more mature mother clothes" she bought last year for this kind of thing.
Whose "they all"? Isn't it just Nona, Vanessa's dad and David? Im pretty sure her dad hasn't taken her to a docs appt so that only leaves David and Nona. In order for it to be "they all", wouldn't she need to have called every single family member and said "hey tomorrow I have an appt and I'm going by myself on the bus.." I bet that's why they wanted to clear their schedules, cuz Vanessa was bitching about her having to take HER own daughter to an appt all by herself on a bus..

Return to “2011teenagemom”