Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011MommyFirstLilySecond- Part 25

Unread post by fossilfinger »

NutraSteve wrote:2011TeenageBritney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this current thread title (2011MommyfirstLilysecond) is really fitting given the current circumstances. :D

2011teenageneverfollowsthrough
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Removing lily from her preschool without having another lined up is so irresponsible. Giving your child a good education is one of the most important parts of raising children and Lily is already behind and turners girls are known to struggle with learning disabilities. I can understand her reasoning for wanting to change Lily's preschool, I would of made the same decision to get my child more speech therapy because they can only benefit lily, but I would of had my child enrolled in a new school before pulling her out of her old school. Now poor lily is going to be 2-3 months behind all the other kids her age on top of the delays she already has.
I hope the school recommends lily stay back in preschool an extra year because at this stage there is no way lily is ready to move up with the other kids her age.
Mamaandmore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamaandmore »

Lilly not being potty trained isn't a big deal. I feel like Vanessa knows a lot of it falls on her shoulders, though. So as a result she feels ashamed and wants to hide it. My son wears pullups at night time.. And from what I hear that's pretty common for 3 year olds? I'd really just love for her to come back here and chat about these things with us rather than making videos and Instagram updates for all her fans that have "so many questions" :/ who's still believing that?
lynnd
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lynnd »

She could probably get lily in headstart because of her Turner syndrome or delays. I cant believe she was paying 600.00 a month. That's so expensive.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

2011MommyFirstLilySecond- Part 25

Unread post by Emcee »

^^^. Like someone else said "keeping up with the Sills". She'd most definitely get accepted into head start right away because of her speech delay. She should definitely look into it, HS is nothing to be ashamed of. She would save a whole bunch of money and Lily would benefit from it.

:love2:
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

Aria is going to a faith based school now so Vanessa needs to find one for lily...kidding...kind of!

It's not just 2 month she has been out. She miss pretty much an entire month when they went to Disney and Peru and then and then a few weeks for the holidays and now she is missing January. Lily seemed like she loved school so much. I feel bad for her. She isn't doing "dance" anymore either so is she just stuck with Vanessa all day?

I thought Vanessa was in school and working. What is she going to do with lily when she has class or she has to go into the office? I have a feeling she is going to be caught in some lies here soon.

StellaBlue42
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by StellaBlue42 »

fossilfinger wrote:Everyone else has pretty much already said this, but it's clear Vanessa was just looking for a reason to take Lily out of school and when she found a half-reason she pulled the trigger. I also suspect Lily is not fully toilet trained. Vanessa should have kept her in school until she found a new school. It wouldn't have hurt, and if she skipped a couple unnecessary Target trips she wouldn't have to worry about how much money she spent. There is no reason to pull your child out of school for over a month to look for a new school.

She should just put Lily in Head Start or some other program for at-risk children. Because Lily is in speech therapy, she IS considered at-risk, and she would qualify for programs like these, and Vanessa wouldn't have to pay a huge amount of tuition. Lily would still learn and be socialized. There is no stigma to this. It looks worse for Vanessa to try to put her in a fancy-schmancy program and then pull her out for no real reason. This really makes me angry. The less education Lily gets, the more she'll fall behind. Yes, it might be only a month or two that she's out of school, but that could make a huge difference! I just hope she does go back to preschool sooner rather than later. For a normally developing child who has attentive parents willing to work with them at home, this wouldn't be such a big issue, but for Lily, this is.

Also, I know we've discussed this topic to death, but by Vanessa saying her speech therapist works with schools in her area, isn't that yet another confirmation that she still lives in North Carolina?
She lives in Charlotte. Well part of her complex may be over the line into a smaller city but it's the same area .

StellaBlue42
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by StellaBlue42 »

LaurenXo wrote:I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Vanessa was exaggerating the 600 a month to "keep up with the joneses".
Sadly decent daycares in this area are typically $200/wk and up. However, there are amazing programs here that will help parents of disabled or delayed children get financial support for daycare, therapy, in home care etc.

hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

Emcee wrote:^^^. Like someone else said "keeping up with the Sills". She'd most definitely get accepted into head start right away because of her speech delay. She should definitely look into it, HS is nothing to be ashamed of. She would save a whole bunch of money and Lily would benefit from it.

Vanessa and David's income and Lily's Turners may make Lily eligible for a headstart program assuming there is one close by to where Vanessa lives. However there is a waiting list a mile long for children to get into Headstart programs. I doubt Lily would have a chance to get into a Headstart this academic year; however she may have a shot for next fall.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Was the wrong thread locked?

Return to “2011teenagemom”