Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part 80)

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part 80)

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

gemmie wrote:
Romeoxsavexme wrote:I'm really late on this because I'm catching up but this is SOOO unsafe. Someone needs to let this photographer know how to properly photograph newborns. I am literally sick to my stomach right now over this pose. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 30bb87.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get it, what's wrong with it? Hands too close to her neck?

I am a photographer and this pose needs to be done as a composite!!! If the babies head slips she could snap her neck and be seriously injured or dead. This is how it NEEDS to be done.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... 4bc68e.png[/img]

Last edited by Romeoxsavexme on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hershey821
Talker
Talker

Re: Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part

Unread post by Hershey821 »

jesswhytho wrote:
marshmellow wrote:
lizpuff2006 wrote:Here are my personal reasons why I do not think Jess' midwife was the best:

Jess made a point of saying that she choose the midwife based on the cost. That she was the cheapest. Not that she was the best. She was the cheapest.

Jess was having pretty basic normal pregnancy issues. Anemia for one example. The midwife didn't seem to know much about it. Jess had to explain to her what she read online for her to figure it out. She also took forever and a day to test her Glucose levels.

Watching her both in Addie and Landen's births something just seems off. You watch her testing the baby's heartbeat and looking at a bunch of diff things and she just seems like she is aimlessly doing things. I can't quite put my finger on it and perhaps someone else would be better at explaining but she does not in any way seem professional.
Not to mention how she literally shouted at Jess to shut up when she screaming in the pain while pushing Landen. Very professional.
Re-watching it she says firmly 'Stop screaming and stand up' because Landen's head was like half out and Jess' foot/heel was like dangerously close to his head. It didn't seem rude to me it seemed firm. Idk it seemed like Jess needed her to say that or Landon could have taken a lot longer to come out.
Midwife's a quack though, don't get me wrong, but I can't fault her for that.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Lmaooo I re-watched too, she did not yell at Jess at all. I got scared tho it looked she was almost about to sit on his head so she definitely had to stand up Image

Hershey821
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hershey821 »

jesswhytho wrote:
marshmellow wrote:
lizpuff2006 wrote:Here are my personal reasons why I do not think Jess' midwife was the best:

Jess made a point of saying that she choose the midwife based on the cost. That she was the cheapest. Not that she was the best. She was the cheapest.

Jess was having pretty basic normal pregnancy issues. Anemia for one example. The midwife didn't seem to know much about it. Jess had to explain to her what she read online for her to figure it out. She also took forever and a day to test her Glucose levels.

Watching her both in Addie and Landen's births something just seems off. You watch her testing the baby's heartbeat and looking at a bunch of diff things and she just seems like she is aimlessly doing things. I can't quite put my finger on it and perhaps someone else would be better at explaining but she does not in any way seem professional.
Not to mention how she literally shouted at Jess to shut up when she screaming in the pain while pushing Landen. Very professional.
Re-watching it she says firmly 'Stop screaming and stand up' because Landen's head was like half out and Jess' foot/heel was like dangerously close to his head. It didn't seem rude to me it seemed firm. Idk it seemed like Jess needed her to say that or Landon could have taken a lot longer to come out.
Midwife's a quack though, don't get me wrong, but I can't fault her for that.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Lmaooo I re-watched too, she did not yell at Jess at all. I got scared tho it looked she was almost about to sit on his head so she definitely had to stand up Image

imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

I really doubt the midwife was relying on Jess' googling to learn about anemia [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] She was probably politely listening to Jess ramble on and then Jess says to the viewers, I told her this and that and she finally agreed! Mmm sure. I don't remember anything about glucose levels but as someone who has used both OBs and midwives, I didn't notice anything weird about the footage of her prenatal checks or the birth.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

missparzival wrote:
Scrapple wrote:I'm just a bit curious about midwifery qualifications in America. What's our basis for viewing her midwives as sub-par compared to doctors?

Basically here in the UK midwifery exists as its own NHS-funded university degree, so midwives are viewed with every bit as much respect as doctors and nurses during delivery situations. Is that different over in the states?
I'd like to know too. In Australia midwife looks after us during pregnancy and does the birth. Dr only steps in if something very wrong or csection

the only real thing that bugs me is the home birth aspect. I think it's extremely reckless to deliver somewhere where there's no access to life saving machines and surgeons if necessary. If she would have had her births at the hospital with her midwife I would have nothing negative to say at all
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
dranya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by dranya »

Jess is an idiot. Everything she credited to her midwives/homebirth was completely fabricated in her head because she wants to defend her quack of a midwife and decision to have a homebirth at all costs. She said her midwives managed to stop her bleeding, and then transferring her to hospital gave her uterus enough time to relax for the placenta to come out without a d&c. That makes zero sense. The midwives stopped her bleeding with pitocin, which makes her uterus contract. That's how it works. It's the same drug used to induce labour, by causing the uterus to contract. Crediting her midwives with stopping her bleeding and also allowing her uterus to relax is impossible, as there is nothing that midwife could have done to stop her bleeding that wouldn't have also made her uterus contract. What probably actually happened is that the midwife used pitocin to sufficiently control her bleeding until she got to hospital, but was unable to manually remove the placenta herself. Jess then got to hospital and was treated by an OB with proper training and far more experience than a quack midwife who only does the occasional homebirth, and that doctor actually had the skills to manually remove the placenta that the midwife didn't. That is what saved Jess from having the d&c - she finally got treated by an actual professional with some training and experience.

Even if she had delivered in hospital and had gone straight for a d&c - yes it's a general anaesthetic that she could have avoided, but it is not an invasive surgery as Jess seemed to imply. It's something that absolutely could be done with the patient awake, but it is done under general anaesthetic to save the patient from pain/trauma. It would still have been a far better option than her bleeding to death at home. Anyone in their right mind would rather have a postpartum haemorrhage in a hospital where there is access to IV fluids, emergency blood transfusions, emergency surgery etc available to save your life if necessary, rather than haemorrhaging at home where there is very little that can be done in a hurry. Jess is very lucky that the midwife's one shot of pitocin was enough to control her bleeding.

That doctor's comments to Jess were potentially a little out of line, but lets face it, Jess is going to take offence at anyone who criticises her decision to have a homebirth. The doctor was also completely right in that Jess should absolutely NOT have another home birth if she does have anymore children. Contrary to what a lot of people on here seem to think, she wasn't actually low risk for this pregnancy. But for any future pregnancies she is a grand multigravida, who now has a known uterine abnormality plus a history of postpartum haemorrhage and retained placenta. If any midwife considered her safe for another home birth they should be banned from practicing. But Jess is going to call anyone who tries to tell her that rude and unprofessional, because her google searches have taught her all there is to know about pregnancy and childbirth.
Sassysea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sassysea »

http://www.purewow.com/entertainment/wo ... p_1=415963

Number 9 instantly made me think of jess hhahahha
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

dranya wrote:Jess is an idiot. Everything she credited to her midwives/homebirth was completely fabricated in her head because she wants to defend her quack of a midwife and decision to have a homebirth at all costs. She said her midwives managed to stop her bleeding, and then transferring her to hospital gave her uterus enough time to relax for the placenta to come out without a d&c. That makes zero sense. The midwives stopped her bleeding with pitocin, which makes her uterus contract. That's how it works. It's the same drug used to induce labour, by causing the uterus to contract. Crediting her midwives with stopping her bleeding and also allowing her uterus to relax is impossible, as there is nothing that midwife could have done to stop her bleeding that wouldn't have also made her uterus contract. What probably actually happened is that the midwife used pitocin to sufficiently control her bleeding until she got to hospital, but was unable to manually remove the placenta herself. Jess then got to hospital and was treated by an OB with proper training and far more experience than a quack midwife who only does the occasional homebirth, and that doctor actually had the skills to manually remove the placenta that the midwife didn't. That is what saved Jess from having the d&c - she finally got treated by an actual professional with some training and experience.

Even if she had delivered in hospital and had gone straight for a d&c - yes it's a general anaesthetic that she could have avoided, but it is not an invasive surgery as Jess seemed to imply. It's something that absolutely could be done with the patient awake, but it is done under general anaesthetic to save the patient from pain/trauma. It would still have been a far better option than her bleeding to death at home. Anyone in their right mind would rather have a postpartum haemorrhage in a hospital where there is access to IV fluids, emergency blood transfusions, emergency surgery etc available to save your life if necessary, rather than haemorrhaging at home where there is very little that can be done in a hurry. Jess is very lucky that the midwife's one shot of pitocin was enough to control her bleeding.

That doctor's comments to Jess were potentially a little out of line, but lets face it, Jess is going to take offence at anyone who criticises her decision to have a homebirth. The doctor was also completely right in that Jess should absolutely NOT have another home birth if she does have anymore children. Contrary to what a lot of people on here seem to think, she wasn't actually low risk for this pregnancy. But for any future pregnancies she is a grand multigravida, who now has a known uterine abnormality plus a history of postpartum haemorrhage and retained placenta. If any midwife considered her safe for another home birth they should be banned from practicing. But Jess is going to call anyone who tries to tell her that rude and unprofessional, because her google searches have taught her all there is to know about pregnancy and childbirth.
Thank you so much. This video alone is enough show what a high and mighty attitude Jess has. She will not for the life of her admit she goofed up or regrets her decision.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

meant to post this on the new topic. sorry guys.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

Jeybee27 wrote:I just watched the L&D video.
I'm not sure if I got what she was saying so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. She said a retained placenta happens in like 3% of births ? And it's extremely rare... but then she said the nurse told her that it's super common and it happens at the hospital all the time ??
i picked up on that also!
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Doomtomato wrote:Just gonna leave this here lmao.
Allyshia is always the first one to comment on all of her posts and videos lolol.

Is she wearing a carpet or what?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

NewEnglandGirl wrote:
Jeybee27 wrote:I just watched the L&D video.
I'm not sure if I got what she was saying so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. She said a retained placenta happens in like 3% of births ? And it's extremely rare... but then she said the nurse told her that it's super common and it happens at the hospital all the time ??
i picked up on that also!
Well if a hospital averages 10 births a day, that would mean about every 3 days they would see a patient with a retained placenta right? I'm bad at math so maybe I'm wrong lol but I could see how that could be considered rare but hospitals still see it fairly often

Return to “JesssFam”