Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part 80)

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jessfam:RightMixOfStupidityAndLackOfContraceptives (Part

Unread post by smom12 »

She has a phobia of doctors and hospitals but ends up needing emergency surgery.

And, sorry to tell you Jess, they weren't being rude. They were saving your LIFE. They don't have time for pleasantries and to be nice and comment on how amazing you are. They don't give a shit. There job is to get you to the hospital as soon as possible and save your life.

I haven't seen the video yet but she seems like such an ungrateful fucking bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

The crunchy pro-midwife anti-hospital attitude is the worst. Why not try insulting your doctors next time you're sick, or need treatment? Let's see how rude and unprofessional they are then.
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Captain Smooth wrote:There are a bunch of doctors out there, that use the trust we put into their professional training to get you to do what they want, since people assume, "that's a doctor, he/she knows best" and also doctors often think of themselves as more intelligent than the patient, or any other medically trained person. That's why woman request midwifes at home, or at birthing centers, or at hospitals, since the black sheeps have tainted the opinion about doctors so bad, that people are sometimes more frightened of the overblown ego of a doctor than of possible consequences surrounding births. I can't really blame them, I would rather some doctors would take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and adjust their attitude towards the people they treat, maybe that will bring people back from the search for alternative medicine.
I completely agree with you and I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Medical professionals are human, too, and some are shitty. I've encountered some dangerously huge egos in doctors who would never admit a mistake or double check themselves.

The good thing about professional midwives is that they're highly trained to know when to turn things over to an OB before the mom and baby are in danger, like Jess described. That's the difference, for me, between using a midwife vs trying to treat your tumor with a juice cleanse, like my patient did, or like that other YT mom who did her own prenatal care & unassisted birth. I can sympathize with a distrust of doctors or hospitals, but people should also check their own egos and realize that some situations call for medical training beyond their own knowledge.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

My doctor tried to treat my PTSD with natural supplements which does help calm me down I'll give her that but she knows I have really bad attention issues and is why I'm failing my most important class and instead of even giving me a test she flat out said she won't give me medication and that I need to take multi vitamins.... for attention issues....I've had my entire life
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

smom12 wrote:She has a phobia of doctors and hospitals but ends up needing emergency surgery.

And, sorry to tell you Jess, they weren't being rude. They were saving your LIFE. They don't have time for pleasantries and to be nice and comment on how amazing you are. They don't give a shit. There job is to get you to the hospital as soon as possible and save your life.

I haven't seen the video yet but she seems like such an ungrateful fucking bitch.

As someone who is involved in emergency procedures on a regular basis, I disagree. There is a way to be firm with a patient and save their life while being compassionate. No one is asking for ass kissing, but there is no excuse for laughing in front of a patient or being straight up rude. That's what the nurses' station is for... we leave the room and go laugh, bitch, crack jokes etc out of earshot. Sadly, sometimes we forget, I see it fairly often myself so I 100% believe Jess' story. Harsh tones of voice, eyerolls in front of patients... Just because we're saving their life doesn't excuse that. I've had colleagues fired for as much. The OB easily could have made her point to Jess (who didn't need surgery, btw, and was speaking with her after the placenta was already out) using different phrasing. YES, as medical professionals we're expected to think about our tone and phrasing with patients! Don't hold us to such a low standard. Jess' experience isn't uncommon, and it's not her fault, as crappy as she is.
mocalyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mocalyn »

I can't help but think jess is over reacting a bit here... I mean I know I've had the odd nurse or dr be a little rude, but it can't be as bad as she makes it out to be. . .

"everything that happened was a blur, I'm going to try to remember details for you.. I really don't know when they called 911, I don't know how much time had passed!" ... but she remembered every detail of the ambulance ride?!

I don't doubt she got a few eyerolls or comments made. But she's so in your face about everything, who knows what SHE said... did she tell the Dr "see I didn't need surgery, I could have stayed home and had my midwife do that!" ... it's jess who knows.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Ok, now that I have watched the video, a few things:
~Idon't agree with laughing in front of her; however they probably realized that the midwife was a quack. Doesn't excuse it though.
~She basically says because she had a home birth that was the reason why she didn't need surgery. I rolled my eyes so hard.
~Can she say any more times that her midwives were amazing and knowledgeable and smart?? Sounds like she is trying to convince herself.
~I don't agree with the WAY the doc said it, but she has a point. Every pregnancy carries a little bit more risk. This doc heard that she has had now 5 kids in 6 years and probably shook her head. I'm sure Jess had a high and mighty attitude and said some things too. There are always three sides to every story...her side, the doctor side, and the truth.
~ Does anyone else think it's bullshit that you can't have your newborn with you outside of visiting hours?? That is honestly the worst.

NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

I love how Jess talked down about the nurses but remember she wanted to be one before she had a million kids :lol: she's probably jealous
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Visiting hours are a rip off altogether. My hospital doesn't even have them anymore. As long as you're quiet and respectful you can come anytime. If the patient needs rest we will let you know ;) idk about the specific liabilities of having a newborn there but it's BS that she'd be allowed during visiting hours but not for a couple more hours to finish the bag of abx.

I must have not been paying attention when she shit talked nurses because I'd have taken offense lol. She seems like she'd be such a pain in the ass patient. I'd still be nice but whew.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
happyfunmeowmeow
Informer
Informer

Unread post by happyfunmeowmeow »

Nice doctor fanfic stories, Jessica.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

Here are my personal reasons why I do not think Jess' midwife was the best:

Jess made a point of saying that she choose the midwife based on the cost. That she was the cheapest. Not that she was the best. She was the cheapest.

Jess was having pretty basic normal pregnancy issues. Anemia for one example. The midwife didn't seem to know much about it. Jess had to explain to her what she read online for her to figure it out. She also took forever and a day to test her Glucose levels.

Watching her both in Addie and Landen's births something just seems off. You watch her testing the baby's heartbeat and looking at a bunch of diff things and she just seems like she is aimlessly doing things. I can't quite put my finger on it and perhaps someone else would be better at explaining but she does not in any way seem professional.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I honestly don't doubt that Jess would stretch the truth just so her minions will tell her how amazing she is and how she knows best
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

imapumkinseed wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:There are a bunch of doctors out there, that use the trust we put into their professional training to get you to do what they want, since people assume, "that's a doctor, he/she knows best" and also doctors often think of themselves as more intelligent than the patient, or any other medically trained person. That's why woman request midwifes at home, or at birthing centers, or at hospitals, since the black sheeps have tainted the opinion about doctors so bad, that people are sometimes more frightened of the overblown ego of a doctor than of possible consequences surrounding births. I can't really blame them, I would rather some doctors would take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and adjust their attitude towards the people they treat, maybe that will bring people back from the search for alternative medicine.
I completely agree with you and I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Medical professionals are human, too, and some are shitty. I've encountered some dangerously huge egos in doctors who would never admit a mistake or double check themselves.

The good thing about professional midwives is that they're highly trained to know when to turn things over to an OB before the mom and baby are in danger, like Jess described. That's the difference, for me, between using a midwife vs trying to treat your tumor with a juice cleanse, like my patient did, or like that other YT mom who did her own prenatal care & unassisted birth. I can sympathize with a distrust of doctors or hospitals, but people should also check their own egos and realize that some situations call for medical training beyond their own knowledge.
Thank you, it's ok now though, I went on homeopathic stuff for three years (tea and cranberryjuice and drops made from herbs, don't hate, it really helped^^) which slowed incidences down to once a year and then I went in one more time (diff doctor though), got one antibiotic, combined it with homeopathy and have been completeley problemfree since three years.
I agree with you, people take the whole "natural-healing" stuff way to far, there are things that can't be treated without a doctor, if you feel better and it doesn't interfere with the treatment, you can use natural stuff alongside school medicine, but thinking you can cure cancer with a bit of juice is just your mind up in the clouds (no pun intended).
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Ummm she sounds like she's trying to fit in with some of the other home birth moms that go on and on about their "horrible doctors". She tried to say she had terrible experiences with doctors in her past, but the story has changed from when she actually had the other kids. She went on and on about how much she loved her doctors during her births so wtf is she talking about? I loved the doctor she had with the twins, I want him as my ob & I usually never choose male doctors haha.

the obgyn's comments weren't "extremely unprofessional" either. If she ever had another baby, she would be a moron to try and have another home birth. So the doctor was right. Her boner for her midwife team was ridiculous

Every time she talked about arms going into her uterus I died a little. I've never had any issues with my deliveries but now I'm terrified to have this baby lol
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I thought her knee was the baby's head until she rested her hands on it lol

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016120 ... a272fc.png[/img]

babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

I agree that the OB/GYN's commentary was in bad taste, but I can't help but wonder if Jess exaggerated the tone and/or the wording of the comment. Jess's ungrateful attitude towards any medical professional really pisses me off. She thinks she knows more than people who have gone to medical school for years because she has googled a few things. She also acted like this when she had the twins. She had nothing but bad things to say about pretty much every nurse at the hospital, even though they were extremely accommodating of her wish to have an unmedicated birth with twins, when one was breech. Yeah, the placenta situation during this birth still would have happened if she had delivered in a hospital, but things probably would have gone a lot more smoothly. They wouldn't have had to call fucking 911, she wouldn't have had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, and she would not have been separated from her baby for as long.

And her commentary about how if she had been in a hospital, they would have rushed her right into surgery...yeah they might have, because they would have recognized that it is a potentially life threatening situation and didn't want to take chances. But yeah, anyone who isn't a midwife is just evil.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

For those who haven't watched her lonnnnggggg L&D story. Watch it on a computer and click the gear on the bottom right of the video and change the speed to 2X. That way you can watch the whole video in 20 minutes instead of 40 haha
Doomtomato
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Doomtomato »

Just gonna leave this here lmao.
Jeybee27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jeybee27 »

Jess probably says they were rude because they weren't praising her for giving birth at home with no medication.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I've heard ambulance rides are really pricey. Wonder if the bill will come in March right around the kids birthdays lol

Return to “JesssFam”