JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt1

Unread post by smom12 »

LilaLavender wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:
minties82 wrote:Stay at home parents who still expect the other parent to do 50% of the housework, do they also expect you to bring in half the weekly wages? I never got that. If I'm at home all day, why wouldn't I do all the home stuff?

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
Women don’t know how to take care of their men anymore.
As a SAHM you should be doing the homemaker things. And your husband should be working. (If that’s what works best for your family dynamics)
I'm getting a 1950s attitude vibe from your comment so I hope I'm misunderstanding that.
No you’re not. If I remember correctly she is the serve her man type. Her life if she wants but she should t judge others. Also let’s not revisit this because last time it went on for 12 pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cardboardbox
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by cardboardbox »

For me personally I prefer to be the sahm and do most of the house work while my husband works.. but in my eyes, if 1 person works while the other doesn't, they should take care of the home and if both work they should both take care of the home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Natxo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Natxo »

I swear months ago there was a large debate here similar to this with people arguing about ‘serving their husbands’ lol pls don’t let it escalate again.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

I can't believe in this day and age women are expected to "serve" their husbands. Are there any MCPs on this forum ?
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I'm a SAHM and I handle all cleaning, most cooking (weekdays) and most childcare with my one child. My husband works. I also babysit to bring in extra money towards something nice for myself. The only thing I expect my husband to do house wise is replace or fix broken stuff and do handyman things.

I'll make a new thread tomorrow unless someone else does.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I don’t work and I think my duty should be 1950s housewife status what’s so wrong about that. I should be serving my husband especially since I don’t have to work, I consider it a blessing. He shouldn’t serve me after his work day. He helps with the kids when he can but I don’t expect much. Yes it’s a lot of work but shit I don’t have to wake up and report to work every day.

Why is it wrong? Because it was the 1950s? Because you disagree with it? Nothing wrong with wanting to serve your man. And nothings wrong with seeing that as wrong either lol

So if you don’t think a SAHM should take care of most of the housework what should it be? Should the husband working 40-60 hours a week come home and scrub the floors and toilets? Or should he wait till his 60 hour workweek is over and scrub the toilets on his days off? Lol

They’re both lazy ass people who don’t clean it’s sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gossip Girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gossip Girl »

Anyone notice in the latest vlog, the strawberries spilled all over the bottom of the dirty Costco cart, then a few mins later she was letting Addy eat them?
Gross!
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

However one feels about the division of labor within a couple I think most will agree whatever agreement they've come to it's not working. Their house is disgusting, they have no routine - it's chaos.
fingusername
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by fingusername »

So.....her videos are 5 or 6 days behind? Basically we'll be seeing the kids christmas morning on new years eve'ish?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

DoodleBop2 wrote:However one feels about the division of labor within a couple I think most will agree whatever agreement they've come to it's not working. Their house is disgusting, they have no routine - it's chaos.
This. It isnt about one taking on more than the other in this case, neither of them do anything. Honestly Chris does the majority of the housework and that isn't muhc. He is also shown cooking (tacos) and doing the laundry. Jess films and edits. If they both want to sit on the couch all evening, they can but they need to hire a house keeper.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

They have money IDK why they don't hire someone to get them caught up then come in 1-2 times a week. If that's a sticking point in their marriage or causing them stress it's an easily solution and from what we've seen they can afford to do it.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “JesssFam”