Jesssfam: Baby Skube Doo and Those Other Kids Too - Part 73

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jesssfam: Baby Skube Doo and Those Other Kids Too - Part

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Jess talking about her giant pregnant boobs with a big booger in her nose made me so grossed out :|
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Gross. Not watching.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Lmao I don't think that's a booger, because if it was then it's the same one that I have seen for like the past 2 years. She just had a weird, ugly nose.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016080 ... 8b3633.png[/img]

The gap between her boobs get me mad. Can't she wear a bra that pushes them together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by webby »

oh yea I'm sure you can't remember your boobs being that filled, you're DEFINITELY not obsessed with breastfeeding and don't remember anything

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

I have noticed that most of the YouTube families I watch all allow I pads, Tv's in bedrooms, I totally agree with portable dvs in car or using I pads for long journeys, but I am continually surprised about watching screens to sleep.
Both my kids have an I pad and we have Internet , but we don't allow screens in bedrooms and all Internet usage is monitored in living room .
To the point where if I'm suspect I'll turn the wifi button off.
There is another YouTube mom with 7 kids one set of twins multiple daddies around jess' age and when I first heard I went in prepared to hate , but I really like her clean kids, house vegetables included . She is honest about the struggle but seems to manage 7 with less stress and mess than just does 4 or 6.

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

annaclinchwalsh963 wrote:I have noticed that most of the YouTube families I watch all allow I pads, Tv's in bedrooms, I totally agree with portable dvs in car or using I pads for long journeys, but I am continually surprised about watching screens to sleep.
Both my kids have an I pad and we have Internet , but we don't allow screens in bedrooms and all Internet usage is monitored in living room .
To the point where if I'm suspect I'll turn the wifi button off.
There is another YouTube mom with 7 kids one set of twins multiple daddies around jess' age and when I first heard I went in prepared to hate , but I really like her clean kids, house vegetables included . She is honest about the struggle but seems to manage 7 with less stress and mess than just does 4 or 6.

What's her channel?

annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

It's " Strong mommy chrissy" I should clarify that I feel like I like her in spite of myself she is more than likely not everyone's cup of tea . Check out her newborn essentials it's funny, oh I hate the King names though

mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

I don't agree with constant screen time and I never have/never will but I kind of get it. I see both sides. She has alot of kids and needs to keep them entertained, but she also has alot of kids to entertain eachother. They could play games and use their imagination. My son does use it ipad more than I'd ever planned or like but his ipad really helps calm his tics down. Putting on a film and lying down with him whilst rubbing his neck is the only thing that helps stop his head jerking. His younger sister has never played with him and doesn't communicate so he can get pretty bored in the car. He usually doesn't use his ipad in the car though because we always download music and sing together. I usually make him laugh by pulling funny faces and putting on a silly singing voice. We are into heavy music so he's usually moshing in the back of the car. I don't blame my son for getting bored but there are 4-6 kids to keep eachother entertained in their house. My daughter requires alot of therapy so during that time he usually reads a book or does some maths work. She doesn't challenge those children at all. Up until Christmas my son wasn't allowed a TV in his bedroom but we changed our minds because he needed a safe/quiet space to go when our daughter has an Autistic meltdown that can last hours. There is still no tv on in his room after our main meal though unless things are bad with his sister in the evening which is rare. I spend alot of time with his sister so I can feel pretty guilty so I always dedicate an hour to him every night. We usually watch one episode of the Simpsons whilst having a cuddle and the read a book together. I am by far a perfect parent, both of my children are special needs but structure and balance is what children NEED. My son even has an alarm on his ipad to get ready for bed and 3 times a week the alarm is earlier so he has time to run himself a bath. I'm more worried about those kids structure and routine over screen time. My children have never once fallen asleep out of their bed unless they were poorly (and as a baby of course).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

As with above post, there are 4-6 kids that can entertain eachother. I guess we can say that its good that we do see them swim and ride bikes but still. Growing up I never had a TV in my room, computer was just before I was married when I could afford my own. My daughter loves her iPad and has alot of time with it - however also has play dates, craft, loves to help cook (yes even at 4 years old). As kids do she likes to argue when the iPad goes away but that's what a parent does - sets boundaries. For us, it goes on long trips and comes out maybe halfway through the trip (unless on a plane which she gets it once ready for take off) and goes to hospital appointments but only comes out if in between stuff where there are no toys. Plus its perfect when shes about to go into surgery and I can use it for distraction. There are also lots of educational games on there.
I am a single mum though and when my partner who lives an hour away isn't here she comes into my bed lol
snarkyblonde
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snarkyblonde »

This is going back a couple videos so I apologize but why is it that one of the only things Jess can say to Lilia after she lost her tooth is "Do you still look cute?!". Damn, Jess - can you talk to your daughter about anything other than training her to obsess over her appearance?
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

snarkyblonde wrote:This is going back a couple videos so I apologize but why is it that one of the only things Jess can say to Lilia after she lost her tooth is "Do you still look cute?!". Damn, Jess - can you talk to your daughter about anything other than training her to obsess over her appearance?
No, she cannot. She didn't say anything like that when Caden lost his tooth. But Lilia needs to constantly be conscious of her appearance just like Jess probably is, which means that Jess is probably quite insecure.
Also did anybody else notice that when Lilia lost her tooth she called Gabe and Mimi (understandable) but when Caden lost his she didn't call his mum? I mean from what we can see her and Jess don't exactly communicate (even though one of Jess's co-parenting tips is for birth mothers and step mothers to have a relationship, but of course with Jess her "rules" only apply to some people), but you'd think at least Chris would call her. I would want to know if my son had lost his first tooth. And I think that if Lilia had lost her first tooth at Gabes house Jess would want to be contacted. I mean maybe he did call her and it wasn't in the vlog but I somehow don't think so.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

julietpreston wrote:
snarkyblonde wrote:This is going back a couple videos so I apologize but why is it that one of the only things Jess can say to Lilia after she lost her tooth is "Do you still look cute?!". Damn, Jess - can you talk to your daughter about anything other than training her to obsess over her appearance?
No, she cannot. She didn't say anything like that when Caden lost his tooth. But Lilia needs to constantly be conscious of her appearance just like Jess probably is, which means that Jess is probably quite insecure.
Also did anybody else notice that when Lilia lost her tooth she called Gabe and Mimi (understandable) but when Caden lost his she didn't call his mum? I mean from what we can see her and Jess don't exactly communicate (even though one of Jess's co-parenting tips is for birth mothers and step mothers to have a relationship, but of course with Jess her "rules" only apply to some people), but you'd think at least Chris would call her. I would want to know if my son had lost his first tooth. And I think that if Lilia had lost her first tooth at Gabes house Jess would want to be contacted. I mean maybe he did call her and it wasn't in the vlog but I somehow don't think so.
Surely Chris would've called?
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

I surely don't follow "guidelines" on screen time and I'm not gonna act like I do. My daughter has her own tablet (from my dad) that she loves to use to play games and occasionally watch super why and stuff like that. I don't limit her to X amount of hours. On the flip side if given the chance of going outside on her bike and tablet, she's going to go outside. We try and do things out the house on the weekends so she's out and about, but if we have a lazy day and we sit around watching tv and playin on our tablets I'm not gonna panic.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I know there are always special circumstances. Like some kids just hate the car and have since birth but the reason her kids cant drive in the car without a movie o is because they never have. My 4 year old and 2 year old take long cars rides ALL THE TIME. Most of my family lives 2 hours away in one direction and we often go to Toronto which is about 1.5 hours away and they never ever have needed to watch a movie or ipad. They love watching movies but have never needed a screen to fall asleep again because they never have had it. I am not a perfect parent but shit this screen stuff is getting out of control. Children cannot brush their teeth, go on a car ride or eat dinner without the TV on? No. No.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

JennaLuvBug wrote:I surely don't follow "guidelines" on screen time and I'm not gonna act like I do. My daughter has her own tablet (from my dad) that she loves to use to play games and occasionally watch super why and stuff like that. I don't limit her to X amount of hours. On the flip side if given the chance of going outside on her bike and tablet, she's going to go outside. We try and do things out the house on the weekends so she's out and about, but if we have a lazy day and we sit around watching tv and playin on our tablets I'm not gonna panic.

A frigging men to this! We have our TV on alllll the time but very rarely does my 1 year old sit like a zombie and watch. We plan on having a DVD player in the car for him. On occasions where we need him calm and patient (checkout at grocery store for example) I pull Mickey Mouse up on my phone. But right now with the TV on he's outside with my husband
Guess I'm a shitty parent too Image
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

violet-kelsey black wrote:Lmao I don't think that's a booger, because if it was then it's the same one that I have seen for like the past 2 years. She just had a weird, ugly nose.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016080 ... 8b3633.png[/img]

The gap between her boobs get me mad. Can't she wear a bra that pushes them together?

I'm guessing it's nasal polyps. I had and It was awful, mine didn't show and I had 80% of my nose blocked, imagine hers. She has this nasal sound when she speaks, she should operate, I did and improved 100000% my breathing and health problems.
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

MamaJoAnna wrote:
JennaLuvBug wrote:I surely don't follow "guidelines" on screen time and I'm not gonna act like I do. My daughter has her own tablet (from my dad) that she loves to use to play games and occasionally watch super why and stuff like that. I don't limit her to X amount of hours. On the flip side if given the chance of going outside on her bike and tablet, she's going to go outside. We try and do things out the house on the weekends so she's out and about, but if we have a lazy day and we sit around watching tv and playin on our tablets I'm not gonna panic.

A frigging men to this! We have our TV on alllll the time but very rarely does my 1 year old sit like a zombie and watch. We plan on having a DVD player in the car for him. On occasions where we need him calm and patient (checkout at grocery store for example) I pull Mickey Mouse up on my phone. But right now with the TV on he's outside with my husband
Guess I'm a shitty parent too Image
Me too! Shitty mum right here. My kids get to watch tv and we have DVD players in the car.

People have different cars so not all kids can see out. My two still rear face and all they see is the roof because we have a large suv.

ScarletWitch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ScarletWitch »

I would have killed for a portable DVD player as a kid. We used to take family vacations that involved a 6-7 hour car drive and, eventually, no one wants to speak to anyone else and i-spy gets pretty damn tedious. Not to mention, we wouldn't have had to listen to my dad's audio book of War of the Worlds. To be honest, with the amount of kids in that car, it's probably better they have DVDs on and are quietly entertained, rather than having them making a racket and distracting the drivers.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Y'all take things way too personally. If you let your kid sit in front of a screen all day with no other stimulation you're a shitty mom. Chances are you guys don't do that. So stop thinking we're attacking you when we're coming at Jess.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

OMG. Did I see a salad bowl in Jesss' SC? Kill. Me. Now

Return to “JesssFam”