LoraandLayton Part 2

ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LoraandLayton Part 2

Unread post by ohgeez »

I wouldn't doubt her saying that. She seems to have it pretty easy and it seems like she doesn't know what it's like to be a true SAHM. Her kids are always in preschool or Layton seems to be home constantly. I'm not sure how they can afford a comfortable lifestyle without him ever working. I think his parents pay for the brunt of their expenses. She hinted around at wanting a 4th baby and is pinning the decision on Layton. I'm sure he wouldn't mind because the other boys will be in school all of the time and they will only have one baby at home. If her anxiety and depression are so bad that she can only handle having one kid at a time at home without the help of your husband, why keep having children? I was shocked when she said that she has no career aspirations or goals. I'm starting to get a lazy vibe from her because she ships the boys off now, so why would she start volunteering a couple of years from now once they are on their 5th child that she will claim Layton begged for?
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Re: LoraandLayton

Unread post by ohgeez »

I just checked her latest video, and she is still harping on the wanting only boys thing. Someone asked if she ever wants a girl, and she says "Nope, we've always (not so) secretly wanted all boys :P"
What if they have a fourth, which you know they will, and it's a girl? Will she say "It's so perfect now!" knowing that she has always claimed to never want one? It's still so odd and childish at this point. WE GET IT! You don't have a girl so to make yourself feel better, you claim to not ever want one! Let's just hope it never comes true for them or she will have a lot of explaining to do to that poor baby!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: LoraandLayton PART 2

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Yeah, it's really not smart to put on the Internet that you only want boys. I'm sure if she had a girl she would love her just the same as the boys, but what if a future daughter ever found out that her mother said something like that?
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I follow her on twitter and she watches a lot of TV, i.e. Brothers & Sisters, Felicity & now Dawson's Creek. She has a lot of free time because the big boys are in daycare 3 days a week. Has she ever been alone with all three for an extended period of time?
QueenBooBoo1216
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenBooBoo1216 »

But she has the whole parent thing down! She has not even begun her kids are still at an easy stage. I've got a few more years under my belt and I don't know everything. .kids are sneaky and have a nice way of showing you there is still a lot to learn.
thelittlefamilyof3
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by thelittlefamilyof3 »

The one thing that I truly love about Lora is that she is not pushy with her beliefs whatsoever. So much so, that she won't even discuss the controversial topics out of respect for people who have differing opinions. I think she is the only YT mom who does this.

I love Lora. I really do. But damn....She's living the easy life with the 2 boys in daycare, and then Layton working and coming home to pick up the slack so she can nurse the baby.

Josh went back to work the morning after we came home from the hospital. He is a professional landscape and it was getting towards the end of the season so it was SO busy. He was working 16 hour days and working 7 days a week. I was a brand new mom, suffering from PPD, and I was literally all alone. It sucked so much the first few months of being a mother. I really didn't think I would be able to raise my daughter. But thanks to a schedule change with Josh, and some great meds, my daughter is beautiful and thriving at 22 months!
http://fattypcosnomore.blogspot.com/
Funnybones1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Funnybones1 »

I can't hate the woman for having a blessed life. Lucky her!!
Breeandbabies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Breeandbabies »

What's wrong with the easy life? Liker really, if she can do it, let her do it! I love her a lot! But seriously, why harp on it, they're happy.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

She is definitely very lucky. I am sure she would be fine if she was to have all 3 at home at once, Tripp and Declan don't seem like difficult kids at all, they're both pretty good and amusing themselves and they enjoy arts and crafts and things so I am sure she would be fine having all 3 at once, she's just worked out a system that works for them.
I would love to know what Layton does for his job though, he only works like 3 days a week and they can afford for her to be a SAHM, good on them for being able to afford it but I would love to know what he does.
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

She's not pushy with her beliefs because she appears to be "crunchy" now, but vaccinates and circumcises. It completely goes against the image she's trying to build and not to mention the fact that her crazy subs would rip her a new one in the comments if they knew. I can respect her for wanting to keep the peace on her channel, unlike Jessica who does it to start drama.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

After watching her latest Q&A I am starting to see that Lora is verrryy LAZY, much like Lucy in how much she depends on layton to look after the boys and do stuff around the house.

Also, she's not fooling anyone by saying she's a SAHM bc of Layton's "great job". We all know YouTube enables her to be a SAHM.
LovePotion009
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LovePotion009 »

ohgeez wrote:I wouldn't doubt her saying that. She seems to have it pretty easy and it seems like she doesn't know what it's like to be a true SAHM. Her kids are always in preschool or Layton seems to be home constantly. I'm not sure how they can afford a comfortable lifestyle without him ever working. I think his parents pay for the brunt of their expenses. She hinted around at wanting a 4th baby and is pinning the decision on Layton. I'm sure he wouldn't mind because the other boys will be in school all of the time and they will only have one baby at home. If her anxiety and depression are so bad that she can only handle having one kid at a time at home without the help of your husband, why keep having children? I was shocked when she said that she has no career aspirations or goals. I'm starting to get a lazy vibe from her because she ships the boys off now, so why would she start volunteering a couple of years from now once they are on their 5th child that she will claim Layton begged for?
Did you see her recent video? She says they feel their family is complete and neither one of them feel like they want other children, but because they are so young they don't want to do anything permanent like having her tubes tied or him having a vasectomy. I doubt his parent's pay for much if anything. She said she is co owner in a business and he is able to only work three days a week. her career aspiration and goals is to be a stay at home mom and be able to participate in all their school sports, activities and in school events. There isn't anything wrong with that. I don't consider preschool shipping them off. It's educational and teaches the socialization with others outside the home.
KLuv04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KLuv04 »

I usually don't comment, but after watching Lira'a last video I find it very lazythat she has no goals other than being a SAHM. Especially when her kids get older and more independent. Of course it's nice to be home and raise your kids and be there for them every waking moment but its also so important that you eventually do things for yourself. She's 24, Layton's 26 their ways of thinking will change by the time they're in their 30's. People change and evolve all the time. What if, God forbid, Layton meets another woman and she comes in between their marriage and Layton ends up leaving Lora? This kind of thing happens all the time, especially when you marry young and it's SO important to make your own money have your own independence. And YouTube won't be funding her forever. Her kids will grow and people will lose interest. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way for her but it terrifies me how dependent she is on him.
KLuv04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KLuv04 »

And I meant *Lora's. Don't jump down my throat. LoL!!
lovethelifeyoulive
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovethelifeyoulive »

ohgeez wrote:She's not pushy with her beliefs because she appears to be "crunchy" now, but vaccinates and circumcises. It completely goes against the image she's trying to build and not to mention the fact that her crazy subs would rip her a new one in the comments if they knew. I can respect her for wanting to keep the peace on her channel, unlike Jessica who does it to start drama.
I'm not sure but pretty sure she probably gets her son's circumcised and keeps a regular vaccine schedule. She won't ever say it.
kiki
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiki »

KLuv04 wrote:I usually don't comment, but after watching Lira'a last video I find it very lazythat she has no goals other than being a SAHM. Especially when her kids get older and more independent. Of course it's nice to be home and raise your kids and be there for them every waking moment but its also so important that you eventually do things for yourself. She's 24, Layton's 26 their ways of thinking will change by the time they're in their 30's. People change and evolve all the time. What if, God forbid, Layton meets another woman and she comes in between their marriage and Layton ends up leaving Lora? This kind of thing happens all the time, especially when you marry young and it's SO important to make your own money have your own independence. And YouTube won't be funding her forever. Her kids will grow and people will lose interest. I really hope it doesn't turn out that way for her but it terrifies me how dependent she is on him.
This is where I don't understand people like Lora or Gabeandjesss at all... if you're 30 and decide to leave your job and because a SAHM forever, then great. You've had your experiences - going to school, working in a careeer, etc. So if anything were to happen in the future, you at least have an education to fall back on. However, I'm assuming since she got married at 18, she never went to school, and may have never even worked AT ALL. As you say, if anything were to happen where they divorced or maybe Layton because seriously ill and unable to work, or died... she'd be screwed. No one wants to think like that, and it probably won't happen, but it DOES happen. Child support and worker's comp would only go so far I think... most people I know who have wound up in similar situations are always short on money. And who the hell would hire someone who has absolutely NO work experience other than youtube?! To aspire to be a SAHM in the future is great. To aspire to be absolutely nothing but a SAHM from age 18 on seems very sad in this day and age.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

She actually has a degree in early childhood education, BUT that would barely make over minimum wage. Less than a school teacher in elementary and would never in a million years support her and 3 boys. She is extremely dependent on Layton, it's pathetic.
kiki
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiki »

ladybug wrote:She actually has a degree in early childhood education, BUT that would barely make over minimum wage. Less than a school teacher in elementary and would never in a million years support her and 3 boys. She is extremely dependent on Layton, it's pathetic.
Did she ever work in the field? Agreed it wouldn't make much - and if she never actually used it, I think it'd take her awhile to find a job in the field... I think frowniebrown86 would have the same problem - she said she has her degree but never worked because she was pregnant by then, and therefore she feels like she's way behind her graduating class in looking for a job (this was when her and derek had separated)
ohgeez
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohgeez »

Not to mention she has an Associate's degree from Penn Foster online. She doesn't have a bachelor's and is pretty much only qualified to work in a daycare or as a teacher's assistant.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Exactly. She would make next to nothing in that field. Teachers have bachelors where I live and are extremely underpaid. I can't even imagine what a preschool teacher or daycare worker makes. If something ever did happen to Layton, she would be forced to live back with mommy and daddy.

Return to “LoraandLayton”