• Advertisement
    

DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby coolusername1236 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 pm

After looking at Bryan's inststory, I feel like I need to vomit. I think the reason why is pretty self explanatory.
Snickerdoodles are the best
coolusername1236
Informer
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 1155 times

Advertisement

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby queentee20 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm

I’m pretty sure someone out there is more knowdelgeable than I am on the topic and will correct me if I’m wrong! I just know the basis of it from what I saw on JK news...
queentee20
Gossiper
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:56 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4467 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Acbsktbll wrote:
alyssadt wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:So whose hoping this YouTube sweep hits Bryan & Missy too!?!? E&j had at least one known video removed so far, Bonnie's channel is currently demonized, and a few other big names have had similar.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk


Can someone explain this to me? I've been out of the loop for some time (moved half way across the country, started a new job, you guys know the drill) and I'm so confused over this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know much. Just what I've read.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
From what I have heard and read, is that YouTube finally woke up to the fact that perverts were watching vlogs, commenting inappropriately, and embedding images in sick websites. Things everyone has known but pretended not to, for ages. So they disabled comments on a bunch of vlogs and have demonetized some channels while they are "reviewing content". Some vloggers are freaking out and whining about how big mean YouTube won't let them film their kids in the bathtub anymore, and getting their children followers all riled up about how they "can't upload" when they can, they just can't make a million dollars a year doing it, (for now) and actually have kids saying that they wish they could send money! Bonnie's channel supposedly got demonetized, and she was very classy about it. Said she is glad YouTube is trying to protect the kids. I'm pissed at the whiny vloggers because they knew. They saw the comments. And they kept filming. And uploading. The only way to get them to pay attention apparently, is to get them in the wallet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12592
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 65072 times
Been thanked: 60968 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 pm

amyfalafal wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:[quote="HelloSweetie"]Not saying the midwife wasn't crappy at all, just that Missy knew the Castor oil was a sketchy idea and was all for it. She even went for that walk around Disneyland hoping dehydration and heat would cause cramps and kick her into labour. She gets little sympathy fdom me for what happened with Finn at 30+ hrs because she agreed to all the poor choices and was clearly driving the bus before that. I don't believe for a second that Bryan pushed her to go that far and just failed to step in for her. Missy had to ask Mimi to help her figure out how she felt about things, and I completely think Mimi failed to step in for Missy because she was following her plan.

I work in surgical bookings and a doctor isn't going to perform a csection without a surgical consent from the mother. 30+ hrs is irrelevant. Bryan, Mimi, Papa, couldn't have made that call for Missy, and maybe they tried to tell her and she wouldn't hear it? We just don't know. I just don't think someone can knowingly be all for doing something the wrong way, but then cry foul when it bites them in the ass. Don't hire someone sketchy because you like their "off the cuff" ideas, but then act surprised when they give substandard care.

Just my opinion.

Wow, if this is all true that is real shit. I'm a midwife in Australia. We have to go to university and get our Bachelor of Midwifery which is taught parallel to the Nursing degree. The clinicals are just different towards the end of the degree, and some requirements like following pregnancies, etc. Midwives here work with the woman, take responsibility for the birth WITH the woman. They make decisions together not for each other. Midwives deliver babies in public hospitals here, and OBs are around but not necessary unless the mother or bub is considered high risk. This wouldn't have happened in Australia. Im from California originally, and moved to Australia and I associated midwives to hippies and uneducated witches lol. Then with my first pregnancy I saw a midwife as per public medicare system. That pregnancy ended in our first son who was stillborn at 40w9d. It was for "medically unknown" reasons as we didn't want an autopsy, though blood tests were done and clear of genetic issues. I know that in the US, t be a certified midwife, you dont need a degree, but you need to pass a few tests. Which it's completely amature in my opinion. Tests are hard, but nothing like a 3-4 year university education. My friends and family in the US see me as that kind of midwife unfortunately, they dont understand that Canadian, GB and AU midwives are far more professional and educated than in the US.
Anyway, caster oil would NEVER be advised professionally. I had one mother ask about it, and I advised nipple stimulation and walking. Missy sounded desperate to have a VBAC and that's such a huge decision, and at the hospital I work at, women are supported with that decision, but are advised every-single-appointment- that a VBAC may not happen, and that they should be aware that if the bubba is in distress or in labour for an unsafe period of time (like Finn!) an OB would do an emergency c-section. Hospital policy is to prepare women with the idea that VBAC may not work. We support them through the decision, do what we can, if it works out thats great if it doesn't they are at least prepared. Missy was in complete denial and I have never said it about anyone but she was completely selfish in the last moments of labor with Finn. She would have definitely had PPD afterwards, maybe still, as she was devastated with the outcome of her desired labour. I get it, I see it all the time. It's a natural feeling that is separate from the love you have for the child you birthed. (thats a separate topic which we know through how she treats Finn).
Where did you hear that to be a certified midwife in the US that you don't need a degree? You need a BSN, to pass the RN, and advanced training-- you need a Master's degree. And _then_ you take the exams. You definitely need a degree.

It doesn't apply to Missy's situation, because she was at UCSD, which only works with CNM's, but in rural areas, you get these back country midwives, like the Duggar women try to be, and they can really screw things up. Some of them are great, but I saw some scary things working in PICU in Texas.
Personal, sort of: This one baby was a VBAC home birth,(which most certified midwives wouldn't want to do) and they had to do CPR on him when he was born. Didn't call 911. "Midwife" gave them potassium supplements and Bach Flower Rescue Remedy for him! They brought him to the ER a week later with neonatal sepsis. We saved him, but I wonder if he had any long term problems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Im happy to be educated on how midwives get certified in the US. I didnt know that. I'm from California, but haven't been living there in 10 years, and only hear what older midwives say around work before I took maternity leave and what I heard at uni. I know that I opted to continue midwifery rather than nursing, where if I went to the US i'd be recognised as an RN, but I'm not interested in moving back, so here I am.. lol But really everything I watched with what was happening with Missy during Finn's birth, doesn't sound professional AT ALL on the midwife's part at all.[/quote]I hope I didn't sound snarky. I didn't mean it that way!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12592
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 65072 times
Been thanked: 60968 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby amyfalafal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Wow, if this is all true that is real shit. I'm a midwife in Australia. We have to go to university and get our Bachelor of Midwifery which is taught parallel to the Nursing degree. The clinicals are just different towards the end of the degree, and some requirements like following pregnancies, etc. Midwives here work with the woman, take responsibility for the birth WITH the woman. They make decisions together not for each other. Midwives deliver babies in public hospitals here, and OBs are around but not necessary unless the mother or bub is considered high risk. This wouldn't have happened in Australia. Im from California originally, and moved to Australia and I associated midwives to hippies and uneducated witches lol. Then with my first pregnancy I saw a midwife as per public medicare system. That pregnancy ended in our first son who was stillborn at 40w9d. It was for "medically unknown" reasons as we didn't want an autopsy, though blood tests were done and clear of genetic issues. I know that in the US, t be a certified midwife, you dont need a degree, but you need to pass a few tests. Which it's completely amature in my opinion. Tests are hard, but nothing like a 3-4 year university education. My friends and family in the US see me as that kind of midwife unfortunately, they dont understand that Canadian, GB and AU midwives are far more professional and educated than in the US.
Anyway, caster oil would NEVER be advised professionally. I had one mother ask about it, and I advised nipple stimulation and walking. Missy sounded desperate to have a VBAC and that's such a huge decision, and at the hospital I work at, women are supported with that decision, but are advised every-single-appointment- that a VBAC may not happen, and that they should be aware that if the bubba is in distress or in labour for an unsafe period of time (like Finn!) an OB would do an emergency c-section. Hospital policy is to prepare women with the idea that VBAC may not work. We support them through the decision, do what we can, if it works out thats great if it doesn't they are at least prepared. Missy was in complete denial and I have never said it about anyone but she was completely selfish in the last moments of labor with Finn. She would have definitely had PPD afterwards, maybe still, as she was devastated with the outcome of her desired labour. I get it, I see it all the time. It's a natural feeling that is separate from the love you have for the child you birthed. (thats a separate topic which we know through how she treats Finn).[/quote]Where did you hear that to be a certified midwife in the US that you don't need a degree? You need a BSN, to pass the RN, and advanced training-- you need a Master's degree. And _then_ you take the exams. You definitely need a degree.

It doesn't apply to Missy's situation, because she was at UCSD, which only works with CNM's, but in rural areas, you get these back country midwives, like the Duggar women try to be, and they can really screw things up. Some of them are great, but I saw some scary things working in PICU in Texas.
Personal, sort of: This one baby was a VBAC home birth,(which most certified midwives wouldn't want to do) and they had to do CPR on him when he was born. Didn't call 911. "Midwife" gave them potassium supplements and Bach Flower Rescue Remedy for him! They brought him to the ER a week later with neonatal sepsis. We saved him, but I wonder if he had any long term problems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Im happy to be educated on how midwives get certified in the US. I didnt know that. I'm from California, but haven't been living there in 10 years, and only hear what older midwives say around work before I took maternity leave and what I heard at uni. I know that I opted to continue midwifery rather than nursing, where if I went to the US i'd be recognised as an RN, but I'm not interested in moving back, so here I am.. lol But really everything I watched with what was happening with Missy during Finn's birth, doesn't sound professional AT ALL on the midwife's part at all.[/quote]I hope I didn't sound snarky. I didn't mean it that way!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

You didnt at all :) I dont mind being corrected and admit when Im wrong.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 2191 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby cat9480 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm

onbreak wrote:The johnsons said this year Liv is in 1st grade and theres no missing days.. So, if hes there next year for kindergarten, it'll be more of the same. I do remember Tal vlogging and crying because she dropped Liv off late and was "talked to about being late and the consequences" .. Missy woyld definitely pull him after the first talking to

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk


Yep, and Bryan would be tweeting the school (along with all the minions) to complain about unfair treatment Remember Airplanegate? Same thing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
cat9480
Gossiper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:41 pm
Has thanked: 2705 times
Been thanked: 7833 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby onbreak » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:04 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:YouTube rewind dropped today, what will Bryan's excuse for not being in it again this year? I mean he was invited to the Grammy's after all!


As always, they were "busy" that day.
I had to water my plants

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
User avatar
onbreak
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 am
Has thanked: 5626 times
Been thanked: 8028 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby cat9480 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 pm

MamaJoAnna wrote:
Acbsktbll wrote:Apparently their life us so busy they've gone away again[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171207/14842c5ded459ec08c02bfb33af196d5.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I will seriously laugh if Missy "I don't have baby fever" Hollister-Lanning ends up due in September 2018 after this getaway of theirs...


I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they are at the Mission Inn. I think changes are good that they are on a baby mission.
User avatar
cat9480
Gossiper
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:41 pm
Has thanked: 2705 times
Been thanked: 7833 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby MamaJoAnna » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 pm

cat9480 wrote:
onbreak wrote:The johnsons said this year Liv is in 1st grade and theres no missing days.. So, if hes there next year for kindergarten, it'll be more of the same. I do remember Tal vlogging and crying because she dropped Liv off late and was "talked to about being late and the consequences" .. Missy woyld definitely pull him after the first talking to

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk


Yep, and Bryan would be tweeting the school (along with all the minions) to complain about unfair treatment Remember Airplanegate? Same thing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"We brought Ollie to school on time! They started early!"

"We're gonna get a refund from (school name here)!"

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Image
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 4523 times
Been thanked: 8477 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Kish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 am

queentee20 wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:YouTube rewind dropped today, what will Bryan's excuse for not being in it again this year? I mean he was invited to the Grammy's after all!


TBH if I were them I’d be pissed off because there’s people in the rewind who don’t have as many subs as them! BUT the fact that they didn’t get invited must say a lot about them because let’s face it there’s people with less subs yet they were invited? And the excuse of not inviting family vloggers doesn’t apply because both brataley and saconejoleys were in it. Idk how they choose who’s in or not but their pickings were certainly off this year. PEWDIEPIE was even left out!!! PEWDIEPIE!! .... says a lot


YouTube Rewind often includes international/non-American creators in their Rewinds who might have smaller followings than big American ones. The Bratayley family has way more subscribers than the Bumps, the SacconeJolys might’ve been in it for the aforementioned internationality, and PewDiePie was likely not featured due to the multiple controversies that have been linked to him this past year

Bratayley is more successful, the SacconeJolys had a baby this year … what do the Dumps have to offer for 2017?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Kish
Talker
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby spacekitty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 am

Catching up and YTers can deny being in the rewind, I know Shane Dawson does every year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: NJ
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 2509 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Kish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:45 am

Ah, jeez, look at the dogs watching them have fun

Image
User avatar
Kish
Talker
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Kish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am

I really enjoyed this Ollie-moment though :toad:
(I hope it wasn’t scripted)

Image
User avatar
Kish
Talker
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Kish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am

//My apologies for the GIF- and general spam!//
User avatar
Kish
Talker
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:40 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 960 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:14 am

spacekitty wrote:Catching up and YTers can deny being in the rewind, I know Shane Dawson does every year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is absolutely true but i don't think for a SECOND that B&M would opt out of something like that. They love that attention wayyyy too much.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8751 times
Been thanked: 33920 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby spacekitty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 am

Playsinrain wrote:
spacekitty wrote:Catching up and YTers can deny being in the rewind, I know Shane Dawson does every year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is absolutely true but i don't think for a SECOND that B&M would opt out of something like that. They love that attention wayyyy too much.


Oh I agree! This was more about other big youtubers being discussed. Sorry for not clarifying!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: NJ
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 2509 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:25 am

Idk what this says about my YT watching or how much i pay attention to pop culture in general, but i just watched the rewind and um.. the only people i knew in that video were Bunny, Rob & Corrine from Threadbanger, Christine/SimplyNailogical and those annoying ass Paul boys (thanks 12 year old daughter and all her friends for introducing me to THAT hell.) oh and that kid that danced with Katy Perry. I did appreciate the slime/floor is lava/hot knife references though, i got a chuckle out of those.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8751 times
Been thanked: 33920 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am

Kish wrote:I really enjoyed this Ollie-moment though :toad:
(I hope it wasn’t scripted)

Image


totally OT but does anyone know where their stockings are from? I'm sure i can't afford them but they are cute and I was interested in looking...
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8751 times
Been thanked: 33920 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Marley+Oden » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 am

There is going to be a Christmas album.. missy posted about them singing for it on IG
Marley+Oden
Wallflower
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am

Marley+Oden wrote:There is going to be a Christmas album.. missy posted about them singing for it on IG


More money flushed down the drain.. Make it rain Bryan.. make it rain...
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8751 times
Been thanked: 33920 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby spacekitty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am

Marley+Oden wrote:There is going to be a Christmas album.. missy posted about them singing for it on IG


Isn’t it a little late to be creating an album? Christmas is in a little over 2 weeks.
Maybe not though, they don’t do anything all day so they have enough free time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: NJ
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 2509 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby 100midas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 am

Another late vlog. I think the only time they've uploaded on time during the last couple of weeks is the day they posted the ad.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
User avatar
100midas
Informer
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 am
Has thanked: 2981 times
Been thanked: 2125 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby 100midas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 am

spacekitty wrote:
Marley+Oden wrote:There is going to be a Christmas album.. missy posted about them singing for it on IG


Isn’t it a little late to be creating an album? Christmas is in a little over 2 weeks.
Maybe not though, they don’t do anything all day so they have enough free time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yep. Most artists release their Christmas music around Thanksgiving or right after.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
User avatar
100midas
Informer
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:42 am
Has thanked: 2981 times
Been thanked: 2125 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby kellynicole » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

lmmomSD wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Not saying the midwife wasn't crappy at all, just that Missy knew the Castor oil was a sketchy idea and was all for it. She even went for that walk around Disneyland hoping dehydration and heat would cause cramps and kick her into labour. She gets little sympathy fdom me for what happened with Finn at 30+ hrs because she agreed to all the poor choices and was clearly driving the bus before that. I don't believe for a second that Bryan pushed her to go that far and just failed to step in for her. Missy had to ask Mimi to help her figure out how she felt about things, and I completely think Mimi failed to step in for Missy because she was following her plan.

I work in surgical bookings and a doctor isn't going to perform a csection without a surgical consent from the mother. 30+ hrs is irrelevant. Bryan, Mimi, Papa, couldn't have made that call for Missy, and maybe they tried to tell her and she wouldn't hear it? We just don't know. I just don't think someone can knowingly be all for doing something the wrong way, but then cry foul when it bites them in the ass. Don't hire someone sketchy because you like their "off the cuff" ideas, but then act surprised when they give substandard care.

Just my opinion.

Wow, if this is all true that is real shit. I'm a midwife in Australia. We have to go to university and get our Bachelor of Midwifery which is taught parallel to the Nursing degree. The clinicals are just different towards the end of the degree, and some requirements like following pregnancies, etc. Midwives here work with the woman, take responsibility for the birth WITH the woman. They make decisions together not for each other. Midwives deliver babies in public hospitals here, and OBs are around but not necessary unless the mother or bub is considered high risk. This wouldn't have happened in Australia. Im from California originally, and moved to Australia and I associated midwives to hippies and uneducated witches lol. Then with my first pregnancy I saw a midwife as per public medicare system. That pregnancy ended in our first son who was stillborn at 40w9d. It was for "medically unknown" reasons as we didn't want an autopsy, though blood tests were done and clear of genetic issues. I know that in the US, t be a certified midwife, you dont need a degree, but you need to pass a few tests. Which it's completely amature in my opinion. Tests are hard, but nothing like a 3-4 year university education. My friends and family in the US see me as that kind of midwife unfortunately, they dont understand that Canadian, GB and AU midwives are far more professional and educated than in the US.
Anyway, caster oil would NEVER be advised professionally. I had one mother ask about it, and I advised nipple stimulation and walking. Missy sounded desperate to have a VBAC and that's such a huge decision, and at the hospital I work at, women are supported with that decision, but are advised every-single-appointment- that a VBAC may not happen, and that they should be aware that if the bubba is in distress or in labour for an unsafe period of time (like Finn!) an OB would do an emergency c-section. Hospital policy is to prepare women with the idea that VBAC may not work. We support them through the decision, do what we can, if it works out thats great if it doesn't they are at least prepared. Missy was in complete denial and I have never said it about anyone but she was completely selfish in the last moments of labor with Finn. She would have definitely had PPD afterwards, maybe still, as she was devastated with the outcome of her desired labour. I get it, I see it all the time. It's a natural feeling that is separate from the love you have for the child you birthed. (thats a separate topic which we know through how she treats Finn).
Where did you hear that to be a certified midwife in the US that you don't need a degree? You need a BSN, to pass the RN, and advanced training-- you need a Master's degree. And _then_ you take the exams. You definitely need a degree.

It doesn't apply to Missy's situation, because she was at UCSD, which only works with CNM's, but in rural areas, you get these back country midwives, like the Duggar women try to be, and they can really screw things up. Some of them are great, but I saw some scary things working in PICU in Texas.
Personal, sort of: This one baby was a VBAC home birth,(which most certified midwives wouldn't want to do) and they had to do CPR on him when he was born. Didn't call 911. "Midwife" gave them potassium supplements and Bach Flower Rescue Remedy for him! They brought him to the ER a week later with neonatal sepsis. We saved him, but I wonder if he had any long term problems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


You only need a nursing degree to become a CNM, not a CPM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
kellynicole
Talker
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:43 pm
Has thanked: 5040 times
Been thanked: 523 times

Re: DailyBotoxAndSpeechRoadblocks part #99

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:11 am

100midas wrote:
spacekitty wrote:
Marley+Oden wrote:There is going to be a Christmas album.. missy posted about them singing for it on IG


Isn’t it a little late to be creating an album? Christmas is in a little over 2 weeks.
Maybe not though, they don’t do anything all day so they have enough free time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yep. Most artists release their Christmas music around Thanksgiving or right after.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk


Seems like a last minute effort to try and pay for the lavish Christmas they are going to inevitably have. Gotta make some $$ before those January credit card statements come rolling in! I can't understand how he thinks this will be a profitable endeavor though, i don't think he's ever broke even from any of his albums.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5264
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 8751 times
Been thanked: 33920 times

PreviousNext

Return to DailyBumps/BumpsAlongTheWay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coolusername1236, Google Adsense [Bot]

  • Advertisement