DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

MandyJ
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDukeofDouche&PrincessMisery (Part 84)

Unread post by MandyJ »

lmmomSD wrote:But if you had that money, would you seriously fly you and your small children across country to someplace you're planning on going again in almost exactly one month, during one of the busiest times of the year _just to show off_? If they weren't going back to Orlando the first week of May, I wouldn't side eye it anywhere near as much. But the _only_ reason they went this week was to show off and be wasteful.
And I can't believe they are saving a dollar for every dollar they spend. They are hemorrhaging money. They are acting as if it literally grows on trees and YouTube will never fail them. I am willing to bet their money manager is cringing all the time. They only started saving for retirement late last year! And that's by their own admission.
I don't fault them for the trip to London. I would have done that. I would have taken longer and gone more places, but that's me. The constant renovations, the pool re-do, the money on Bryan's vanity music career-- just insanity.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
And the thing is, they waste their money on stupid shit- like they'll be in Orlando anyway in May. Or all the damn Legos, or those ball pit balls, redoing the pool, the new appliances they didn't need, etc. so for all this spending, they're still not really taking advantage of the amount of money they have. It's frustrating to watch because it feels like they are squandering it! If I had anywhere near that kind of money, I would travel the WORLD! I would spend more time visiting good friends and family, they almost never see his mom and sister. I would put my kids in all kinds of cool classes and sports to enrich their lives. I would invest in real estate to start a revenue stream independent from YT (Ellie and Jared did that) And if my spouse and I were out of shape and never cooked at home like they are/do, I'd hire a personal trainer and chef to cook for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
disneyworldbelle
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by disneyworldbelle »

Maybe I'm crazy, but as a longtime goer to WDW, I think part of the magic is standing in the lines but that's because some rides such as Peter Pan have just recently updated their que lines (now have interactions so kids aren't bored in long lines)
But I enjoyed it because I got to spend time with my family in line

MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

staceyeileen wrote:The guides get you fast passes on every ride at a period when wait times are routinely 60-90 minutes. I'm not saying it's worth the price they're paying for it, but they are certainly not paying for a service just to push the stroller. lol
Because they gotta feel like celebrities, cutting to the front of the line, not having to ride on the buses with the unwashed masses, sitting in VIP for parades etc. Actual legit celebrities hire plaids so they don't get mobbed by he public, but you know Brybry fancies himself as a star and thinks he needs the plaid to be able to enjoy the parks and not get "bombarded by fans"

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

brownprincess93 wrote:
pic.png
Ollie: I'm in Disney Worlden with Mickden and I have a sworden and I'm a piraden....Yeah

Bryan: O-M-G you guyzzzz this is my bro Mickey right here and my kids are doing so good in Disney, isn't my wife the best? I'm the luckiest guy ever. Mickey spoke to us and did I mention we have a guide? We are also staying at the Grand Floridian on the Club Floor. Okay my extra large pizza and 6 breadsticks have arrived so see you minyana!

Mickey: Can you hurry up and take the damn picture? These weirdos are creeping me out!

Finn: Mickey, thank you for paying attention to me. My name is Finn. I live with these people. I think this is my mom. HELP!!!

Missy: It's been a really stressful day, we had to go out to eat all of our meals and I pushed the stroller for a full 5 minutes in the park. The best part of Disney World is I can use my phone everywhere and not worry about missing quality time with my kids because I can watch the vlog later....okay I have to get back to my phone now!
Can bryan ever smile without opening his mouth, ugh. It irritates me more then it should

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Honestly, I don't think they have as much money as they're spending. Obviously they're well-off, but the amount they're doing...I don't know. I think they're going to end up in a lot of debt. A LOT of debt.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tintin15 wrote:Honestly, I don't think they have as much money as they're spending. Obviously they're well-off, but the amount they're doing...I don't know. I think they're going to end up in a lot of debt. A LOT of debt.
It's been brought up before, but they are happily following in Heidi and Spenser Pratts' footsteps. Those two were worth $10 million at one point and now they are broke.
"Oh, but that won't happen to us! YouTube is just going to get bigger and bigger!"

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:"hi i oden welco to disden i here wi mama aden dadda aden finn aden mama pregden wi new babden byeeee boop"

pls let it happen. i pray to the YTMD gods.
Did you catch Bryan having to translate Ollie-speak for Mickey Mouse?

Nope, I can't stand Jinger and Carl. They're more annoying than I can handle to watch. Image
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

How much do you guys think they're spending on this trip? They flew first class, paying $5000 so far per day for plaids, club level at GF, food, souvenirs... I wouldn't be surprised if they're spending at least $30,000.

Even when they went to London they spent so much money that could have been used for many other trips. They're going to regret this someday when they'll be back in Mimi's garage.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I bet they bought season passes and will be back when they go to playlist... While I think they may have the money they are spending now, they are creating habits they will not be able to manage In the future. There's no way you would willingly go from living like a royal to going back to living like any ol Joe Smo on the street. They will go into debt trying to keep up the lifestyle.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Look, I've defended B&M staying in those fancy hotels because I have a love for the 4/5 star resorts myself, BUT we also save a shitton of money for retirement so we can continue to live the same lifestyle after. B&M aren't going to even find a 6 figure career after YT, let alone a 7 figure one! They will need this money to sustain them (and the Hollisters) for years. Do the math... spending like they do (and their wastefulness) is insane and naive if they aren't also saving a lot of that money. Will they even have money saved up to send Ollie and Finn to college in 15 years?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:Look, I've defended B&M staying in those fancy hotels because I have a love for the 4/5 star resorts myself, BUT we also save a shitton of money for retirement so we can continue to live the same lifestyle after. B&M aren't going to even find a 6 figure career after YT, let alone a 7 figure one! They will need this money to sustain them (and the Hollisters) for years. Do the math... spending like they do (and their wastefulness) is insane and naive if they aren't also saving a lot of that money. Will they even have money saved up to send Ollie and Finn to college in 15 years?
As if they're going to be allowed to go to college.
sasicil76
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sasicil76 »

they wanna appear so high class but stick out like sore thumbs.. their clothes are frumpy, their kids always look mangled or in some sort of ripped shorts or jeans, missy just is not aging well at all i think she still thinks shes a teenager but natalia is older than her and looks flawless, missy should really see a dermatologist, her mom has horriible scarring from acne and it ages her too for being what 48 or something? why doesnt she look at her mom and know she can prevent it? put their money to use! most celebrities have flawless skin because of the expensive resources that are available to them. i dont think they make as much as everyone thinks but i think that they definietly write up half of the things they buy as a business expensive to appear to the viewers
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

lmmomSD wrote:
tintin15 wrote:Honestly, I don't think they have as much money as they're spending. Obviously they're well-off, but the amount they're doing...I don't know. I think they're going to end up in a lot of debt. A LOT of debt.
It's been brought up before, but they are happily following in Heidi and Spenser Pratts' footsteps. Those two were worth $10 million at one point and now they are broke.
"Oh, but that won't happen to us! YouTube is just going to get bigger and bigger!"

Wow, I totally forgot about Speidi! Haven't thought of them in years, but now that you mention it, it's the perfect analogy! They became "famous" in the blink of eye, thought it would last forever, and blew through their money. They made no long term plans and now have nothing to show for their so called celeb lifestyle. I can totally see the similarities in B&M

yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Look, I've defended B&M staying in those fancy hotels because I have a love for the 4/5 star resorts myself, BUT we also save a shitton of money for retirement so we can continue to live the same lifestyle after. B&M aren't going to even find a 6 figure career after YT, let alone a 7 figure one! They will need this money to sustain them (and the Hollisters) for years. Do the math... spending like they do (and their wastefulness) is insane and naive if they aren't also saving a lot of that money. Will they even have money saved up to send Ollie and Finn to college in 15 years?
They probably think that there's no need to send them to college. Heck, they made it on YouTube, without degrees, why shouldn't it be the same for Ollie and Finn? Image
They seem to live in the moment; here and now without thinking of the future.
Thinking about it, I realized that all the money they're spending for this one trip could probably pay for 2 years of my college tuition. It's mind boggling when you think about that.

walrusboy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by walrusboy »

I hope at least that Ollie and Finn have trust funds.

I would think they do, thats both a status symbol and it would be totally stupid of them not to.

Even families without a lot of money have like, $2000 in the bank for the kid's bar mitzvah money or as a high school graduation present to go towards that first car or a bit of travel before college/work, first apartment. Usually you can put in something like as little as $20 a month, or registered savings plans, then you don't even have to plan a contribution, just comes out of your bank account.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

What's sad is these extravagant vacations pretending to be for the kids, cause face it, these kids will not remember them, is really for them. 1 and 3 is too young years from now to have real memories from all this stuff. They should save some of this money for when it's gone and have these when they are like 10 and 12.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

MandyJ wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:But if you had that money, would you seriously fly you and your small children across country to someplace you're planning on going again in almost exactly one month, during one of the busiest times of the year _just to show off_? If they weren't going back to Orlando the first week of May, I wouldn't side eye it anywhere near as much. But the _only_ reason they went this week was to show off and be wasteful.
And I can't believe they are saving a dollar for every dollar they spend. They are hemorrhaging money. They are acting as if it literally grows on trees and YouTube will never fail them. I am willing to bet their money manager is cringing all the time. They only started saving for retirement late last year! And that's by their own admission.
I don't fault them for the trip to London. I would have done that. I would have taken longer and gone more places, but that's me. The constant renovations, the pool re-do, the money on Bryan's vanity music career-- just insanity.

And the thing is, they waste their money on stupid shit- like they'll be in Orlando anyway in May. Or all the damn Legos, or those ball pit balls, redoing the pool, the new appliances they didn't need, etc. so for all this spending, they're still not really taking advantage of the amount of money they have. It's frustrating to watch because it feels like they are squandering it! If I had anywhere near that kind of money, I would travel the WORLD! I would spend more time visiting good friends and family, they almost never see his mom and sister. I would put my kids in all kinds of cool classes and sports to enrich their lives. I would invest in real estate to start a revenue stream independent from YT (Ellie and Jared did that) And if my spouse and I were out of shape and never cooked at home like they are/do, I'd hire a personal trainer and chef to cook for us.

Or the Halloween decorations all over the property

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

In response to the argument about what B&M write off, they only save on the tax they would pay on that. Let's say they are paying $25K on this trip and can deduct it as a business expense. They would prob pay around 30% tax on that $25K, so they would save about $7500. If they are spending $17500 because they get $7500 off then that's a bad deal. They could travel coach, stay at a cheaper hotel, and instead save a few thousand of that money for later.

Think about it. YT ends and hey have that huge house to somehow pay for. Even IF they paid cash for it, which I doubt, the property taxes would be about $18K or more a year on that property. Will they be able to afford that and continue to keep up with the Joneses?
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

disneyworldbelle wrote:Maybe I'm crazy, but as a longtime goer to WDW, I think part of the magic is standing in the lines but that's because some rides such as Peter Pan have just recently updated their que lines (now have interactions so kids aren't bored in long lines)
But I enjoyed it because I got to spend time with my family in line

Yes!!! I thought the same thing when they were at Haunted Mansion and Pooh. Especially the Pooh ride, Finn probably would have liked the the queue activities as much as the ride (maybe more!).

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

tintin15 wrote: I am very shy myself lol. I wouldn't have said it could be crippling if I didn't know. Obviously shy people can live fulfilling lives, I just hope Ollie gets to be more outgoing, so things will be easier for him. He already has lacking education against him.
Sorry, I got a little excited lol Image I am very shy, too...and I was SUPER shy as a kid! I always hated when adults tried to "fix" me, so now it's like, my life mission to stand up for us shy/introverted people Image I totally agree that school will be good for him, the socialization aspect, especially. I get what you're saying about things being easier, and he for sure has a lot of things against him given his parental situation...ugh.

Return to “Daily Bumps”