DAILYLYINGBRYAN&PISSYMISSY. PART #86

ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DAILYLYINGBRYAN&PISSYMISSY. PART #86

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Uhm the Nivenulls actually stayed at their old house. And the person I was actually replying to said that the Lannings were Never around black people.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ladyju28 wrote:Uhm the Nivenulls actually stayed at their old house. And the person I was actually replying to said that the Lannings were Never around black people.

OK, but it's still not a real friendship. Once they got bigger, they haven't had anything to do with the Nulls.
Thanks for clarifying about them not "being around" black people.
I still don't think they're actually racist. I just think it's more like PlaysinRain said, thinking they're better than everyone, and if that person confronting them happens to be black or Latino, so much the worse. I don't think they're used to being confronted in the first place. They're used to being sucked up to.
But I do think that they are the type of people who get confused by Black Lives Matter, and don't understand white privilege and what it means. They don't really care. It's not that they're racist, so much as self absorbed. It doesn't affect them, so they don't care.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

When did Britt and Austin stay with DB? I think it was just a collab. They weren't ever real friends I don't think.

I wonder if they didn't have the iPad with them and Ollie was losing his mind about it.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

lmmomSD wrote:
ladyju28 wrote:Uhm the Nivenulls actually stayed at their old house. And the person I was actually replying to said that the Lannings were Never around black people.

OK, but it's still not a real friendship. Once they got bigger, they haven't had anything to do with the Nulls.
Thanks for clarifying about them not "being around" black people.
I still don't think they're actually racist. I just think it's more like PlaysinRain said, thinking they're better than everyone, and if that person confronting them happens to be black or Latino, so much the worse. I don't think they're used to being confronted in the first place. They're used to being sucked up to.
But I do think that they are the type of people who get confused by Black Lives Matter, and don't understand white privilege and what it means. They don't really care. It's not that they're racist, so much as self absorbed. It doesn't affect them, so they don't care.

Agree.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Interesting that all their "friends" have already put up their vlogs but nothing yet from the lumps. Too much partying and it's hard work to edit the uber video to show what little angels the boys were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

janem wrote:Interesting that all their "friends" have already put up their vlogs but nothing yet from the lumps. Too much partying and it's hard work to edit the uber video to show what little angels the boys were.

I noticed. Any bets on vlog titles?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I bet they leave the whole Uber scene out. Maybe just add in an exhausted and whiny Missy at the end of the vlog talking about it.
springsahm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by springsahm »

Am I correct that the nice nulls are interracial? So only the wife is black? So that's just one person and their kids. Having one or two black friends and interacting with minorities who are serving you as waiters or construction workers doesn't mean you're not prejudiced. I honestly think we are all a bit prejudiced, but DB live in a little bubble, especially since they got rich. I can't imagine that they are particularly accustomed to having a person of color not kissing their butts and challenging them on any issue, particularly their parenting. We already know they can't handle the least bit of criticism and think their children are special snowflakes. Plus people tend to be especially uncomfortable with black men raising their voice at them. It could have worked the other way around too. Here's this young white millennial couple dripping with hipster entitlement probably talking into their camera like jackasses being picked up from Disneyland and being dropped off at a literal mansion. To top it off they have these two young kids that are being rowdy and they are maybe doing nothing to control them. I am not surprised if he got annoyed, told them off, and they reacted hostilely, so the whole thing got out of control. Again, no evidence race was part of it and sorry to be THAT person who brings it up, but from my position, with the evidence we currently have, it seems entirely plausible that even a subconscious recognition of difference served to heighten hostility on one or both sides.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Don't worry-- others of us have mentioned it.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

There are people out there that have no problem putting children in their place if their parents aren't doing it. My boss will stand up and tell children to knock it off if they are kicking the seat behind her at hockey games, and she intentionally does it loud enough to embarrass the parents and intimidate the children into not doing it the next time. The whole "it takes a village" mentality. I would be mortified if someone had to discipline my kids like this, but at the same time, I would never let them behave like that in the first place. B&M may not be challenged often, but it's going to happen more and more once Ollie starts school!

Then, let the school hopping begin!
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

springsahm wrote:Am I correct that the nice nulls are interracial? So only the wife is black? So that's just one person and their kids. Having one or two black friends and interacting with minorities who are serving you as waiters or construction workers doesn't mean you're not prejudiced. I honestly think we are all a bit prejudiced, but DB live in a little bubble, especially since they got rich. I can't imagine that they are particularly accustomed to having a person of color not kissing their butts and challenging them on any issue, particularly their parenting. We already know they can't handle the least bit of criticism and think their children are special snowflakes. Plus people tend to be especially uncomfortable with black men raising their voice at them. It could have worked the other way around too. Here's this young white millennial couple dripping with hipster entitlement probably talking into their camera like jackasses being picked up from Disneyland and being dropped off at a literal mansion. To top it off they have these two young kids that are being rowdy and they are maybe doing nothing to control them. I am not surprised if he got annoyed, told them off, and they reacted hostilely, so the whole thing got out of control. Again, no evidence race was part of it and sorry to be THAT person who brings it up, but from my position, with the evidence we currently have, it seems entirely plausible that even a subconscious recognition of difference served to heighten hostility on one or both sides.

I agree with all of this! I don't necessarily think they actually thought "this man is black and therefore he is bad." But they probably had some subconscious fears based on their personal beliefs, the way the media portrays people of color, and just the overall systemic racism in our society. I don't believe they are personally racist, but they probably don't understand the concept of white privilege and believe that because they aren't racist, they have nothing to worry about. It doesn't affect them on a personal level, so they don't care. Sorry for the rant but I'm currently getting my degree in Social Work and this topic is so important to me!

disneyworldbelle
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by disneyworldbelle »

Missy can finally show off her babies

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 672b1a.jpg[/img]

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

does this mean someone else is working on the vlog?

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

chipmunks wrote:Image

does this mean someone else is working on the vlog?

I'm 99.9% sure Jeff edits and uploads now. Someone other than Bryan does it. Could just mean that it's uploading right now.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:
springsahm wrote:Am I correct that the nice nulls are interracial? So only the wife is black? So that's just one person and their kids. Having one or two black friends and interacting with minorities who are serving you as waiters or construction workers doesn't mean you're not prejudiced. I honestly think we are all a bit prejudiced, but DB live in a little bubble, especially since they got rich. I can't imagine that they are particularly accustomed to having a person of color not kissing their butts and challenging them on any issue, particularly their parenting. We already know they can't handle the least bit of criticism and think their children are special snowflakes. Plus people tend to be especially uncomfortable with black men raising their voice at them. It could have worked the other way around too. Here's this young white millennial couple dripping with hipster entitlement probably talking into their camera like jackasses being picked up from Disneyland and being dropped off at a literal mansion. To top it off they have these two young kids that are being rowdy and they are maybe doing nothing to control them. I am not surprised if he got annoyed, told them off, and they reacted hostilely, so the whole thing got out of control. Again, no evidence race was part of it and sorry to be THAT person who brings it up, but from my position, with the evidence we currently have, it seems entirely plausible that even a subconscious recognition of difference served to heighten hostility on one or both sides.

I agree with all of this! I don't necessarily think they actually thought "this man is black and therefore he is bad." But they probably had some subconscious fears based on their personal beliefs, the way the media portrays people of color, and just the overall systemic racism in our society. I don't believe they are personally racist, but they probably don't understand the concept of white privilege and believe that because they aren't racist, they have nothing to worry about. It doesn't affect them on a personal level, so they don't care. Sorry for the rant but I'm currently getting my degree in Social Work and this topic is so important to me!

That's exactly what I was trying to say. You said it better. I absolutely don't think they're actually racist. I just think that they don't think about it because it doesn't affect them.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

They are taking over forever with the vlog today! I really want to see what they say about the Uber drama, if anything. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up...

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I still think that's a form of racism, even if they don't realize that's why they are scared of him. Would they be scared if it was some white guy hipster in his 20s? I doubt it.

I'm guessing they won't put the footage in the vlog either. They won't want people to question them.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Cgl33 wrote:I still think that's a form of racism, even if they don't realize that's why they are scared of him. Would they be scared if it was some white guy hipster in his 20s? I doubt it.

I'm guessing they won't put the footage in the vlog either. They won't want people to question them.
Huh I never realized skin color makes someone scarier!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

webbygurl626 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:I still think that's a form of racism, even if they don't realize that's why they are scared of him. Would they be scared if it was some white guy hipster in his 20s? I doubt it.

It only makes then scarier to some people.... I'm sure there is some technical word for that type of racism.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

webbygurl626 wrote:

Maybe not to you, but don't dismiss the very sad reality out there that people of color are considered far more intimidating by some than their whiter counterparts. That's just how it is.

Return to “Daily Bumps”