DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by KaterTot »

So Missy just says on FB "New episode is up! We show Ollie an adorable moment at a doctor's office where he started talking as a baby and we put captions on what we thought he was saying! It was great seeing what he thought about this now that he's older!"

And a few years later we still need captions to know what he is saying.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think if people are going to talk about Bryan's weight all the time, then Missy's weight should be fair game too. I know it's been unpopular because most of us here are women, but Missy is no longer postpartum, and most of her weight gain has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with a crappy lifestyle. When she was smaller she wasn't necessarily any healthier than Bryan who arguably eats a mildly better diet. Now that she's putting on weight though (and let's be real here, she is now overweight), it should be just as important to mention Missy's weight as it is Bryan's.
My personal opinion is that neither Missy nor Bryan's weight are particularly relevant. But I get that this is a gossip site.
Their weight may not be, but their health absolutely is. I've never seen a diet as bad as theirs!
I probably wouldn't say much about their weight but for the fact that their diet is abysmal, and they are passing it down to the kids. And that Bryan is bothered enough to Photoshop himself, but not to actually do anything.
His gall bladder is going to go on him one day. Frankly, probably so is Missy's.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

Playsinrain wrote:106* outside and they light the frigging fireplace... #LanningLogic
What's the issue with Finn wanting 2% instead of whole milk.. shouldn't he be off whole milk by now anyway?
It's so strange to me that they need as many groceries as they do, so often. I hadn't done a real hoard core shopping trip in 2 weeks and my cart was half as full as Missy's (and i also had to get cleaning supplies and paper goods). I swear they fill a cart overflowing with stuff at least once if not twice a week. They eat out all the time, what they hell is she buying?
Whole milk is completely fine for a 2 year old, they need the fat for brain development. And studies have linked kids that get whole milk to grow up to be slimmer adults than kids that got 2% or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Kaylor1 wrote:How long before Missy gives up and get a weight loss surgery?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Missy would not qualify. I've had wls. I don't participate in the weight discussions. I have my own issues with weight. The diet is very strict and she would follow it as a picky eater. She also can't manage to keep track of her wallet and phone, so I can't imagine she'd be organized enough to plan most meals.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Cgl33 wrote:

Missy would not qualify. I've had wls. I don't participate in the weight discussions. I have my own issues with weight. The diet is very strict and she would follow it as a picky eater. She also can't manage to keep track of her wallet and phone, so I can't imagine she'd be organized enough to plan most meals.
Yeah, I think that's pretty extreme. She's not that overweight, and there are risks associated with surgery - they're not going to do it on just anyone who needs to loose 30 lbs. The risks wouldn't outweigh the benefits. She gained weight, but she's hardly morbidly obese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cgl33 wrote:

She wouldn't follow the instructions properly either. I don't often participate in the weight discussion, but he constant Bryan comments make me crazy while Missy somehow remains immune. If it's going to be a topic of relevant concern, then it should apply to both men and women. Missy shouldn't get a pass while Bryan is constantly mocked in my opinion. It gets to be a but much and thats why I brought it up.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
AGAIN?!?!? Seriously. How is this woman an adult?

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Bryan shoving new toys in his kids faces and Missy complaining about her kids and how hard it is for her to do ANYTHING - so what else is new?? It's like they get up every morning and decide what they will be saying on camera #Staged - Ollie still speaks as if he's a toddler asking his "Mama" if he can take a nap? Like obviously he needs one since he's up till 3AM every night watching movies on his iPad! Missy couldn't prepare that meal at home for her kids? Like seriously you don't need to be Chef Ramsey to make PB&J with a side of fruit!! What is with the emoji and fake laughter??
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
Plus, those Volvo's have lots of bells and whistles to let you know when you're getting low.
Bryan is posting about watching the Beetlejuice cartoon with the boys. Ewww. And then he says "Beetlejuice" three times and puts a little emoji ghost and says "look how cute Beetlejuice is!" The Beetlejuice in the movie wasn't cute. He wasn't meant to be. Arrrrgh. Once again, Bryan is unclear on the concept. The Beetlejuice cartoon wasn't "great". It was awful.

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

My daughter is over a year old now and I'm in Moms groups. We socialize with other parents and their kids. We do music classes and gym fun. There's so many opportunities for free, drop in events at our library. I imagine she'd have a plethora of options in SoCal and through her church. It just shocks me how little two stay at home parents do with their kids to help them develop. They are really crappy parents and it makes me wonder how awkward Ollie and Finn will become. The kids in middle school will not think he's awesome because he's on YouTube.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

tintin15 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think if people are going to talk about Bryan's weight all the time, then Missy's weight should be fair game too. I know it's been unpopular because most of us here are women, but Missy is no longer postpartum, and most of her weight gain has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with a crappy lifestyle. When she was smaller she wasn't necessarily any healthier than Bryan who arguably eats a mildly better diet. Now that she's putting on weight though (and let's be real here, she is now overweight), it should be just as important to mention Missy's weight as it is Bryan's.
Bryan's diet is better, I agree. Especially because he lets vegetables go beyond touching the tip of his tongue unlike Missy. Missy's just too "picky" to ever be healthy...she'll never attempt to change her diet, so she's just going to work out fruitlessly and stay at the weight she is or continue to gain weight. And, imo (bc the mention of Bryan's weight made me think of this), I don't think she'd let Bryan lose weight even if he tried. She wouldn't change anything to help (you know she'd eat junk in front of him all the time) and we already saw, she barely even let's him walk the dog without butting in.
I remember when he lost a lot of weight (It was one of the first vlogs I watched of them) they went on lunch together and he had a bag of carrot sticks (or something like that) and she ordered food for herself.. Ack, it was something like that and now I need to go find that vlog.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

cat9480 wrote:
AGAIN?!?!? Seriously. How is this woman an adult?

Fucking pathetic! And see where they stopped?? Someone's going to hit them one day

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

lmmomSD wrote:
Plus, those Volvo's have lots of bells and whistles to let you know when you're getting low.

Exactly! When they went to Idlywild (sp?) earlier this year, they were riding on fumes, and Bryan even mentioned that the "vulva" had an indicator that showed how many miles were left before the tank was empty. There's zero excuse to run out of gas with that tech in the car. Don't they know they are messing up their engine by constantly running out of gas? I guess cars are expendable as their friends... I mean assistants. They must not have had an assistant there to pump their gas for them today, and Papa must have had to come to the rescue again. Major eye roll!!!

Thegoatsmeow

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=131231

I was reading the earlier message boards and saw someone post this link, has Bryan ever mentioned the stuff in the first paragraph before? I can't picture him singing opera!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by cat9480 »

Thegoatsmeow wrote:http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=131231
I was reading the earlier message boards and saw someone post this link, has Bryan ever mentioned the stuff in the first paragraph before? I can't picture him singing opera!

I have never seen this before, and I am in tears from laughing. "The only known 3rd grader to participate in 4th grade choir." ImageImageImage Who knew we had such a prodigy on our hands? The rare and elusive Bryan Lanning. Then he was "plagued by polyps" and "had to resign" from the kiddie choir. ImageImageImage

I can't imagine why he was mercifully bullied.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

They run out of gas a couple times a year if not more.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:

I have never seen this before, and I am in tears from laughing. "The only known 3rd grader to participate in 4th grade choir." ImageImageImage Who knew we had such a prodigy on our hands? The rare and elusive Bryan Lanning. Then he was "plagued by polyps" and "had to resign" from the kiddie choir. ImageImageImage

And you would think that if he had polyps before, he would have been taught that you don't mess with your voice the way he does and have it last. Idiot.

Replying to two posts at once. About participating with other parents: Sam from Samika was talking today about the new neighborhood they're in and how great it is. Noah is younger than Ollie, and is on a soccer team. They _just_ moved. They're already making friends in their new neighborhood. Bryan and Missy don't want friends. They want the _image_ of being popular, and throw big parties, but they don't want to put themselves out there. The parties are other YouTubers, not really friends. I'm a homebody. I can't judge them if that's their issue, but I have friends. I talk to the parents of my daughter's friends at Special Olympics practice. I encourage her to have friends. They don't do anything for those kids except give them stuff. And take them to amusement parks. But the kids watching think they're the best parents ever. That's sad.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:
cat9480 wrote:

And you would think that if he had polyps before, he would have been taught that you don't mess with your voice the way he does and have it last. Idiot.

Replying to two posts at once. About participating with other parents: Sam from Samika was talking today about the new neighborhood they're in and how great it is. Noah is younger than Ollie, and is on a soccer team. They _just_ moved. They're already making friends in their new neighborhood. Bryan and Missy don't want friends. They want the _image_ of being popular, and throw big parties, but they don't want to put themselves out there. The parties are other YouTubers, not really friends. I'm a homebody. I can't judge them if that's their issue, but I have friends. I talk to the parents of my daughter's friends at Special Olympics practice. I encourage her to have friends. They don't do anything for those kids except give them stuff. And take them to amusement parks. But the kids watching think they're the best parents ever. That's sad.

He is limited...but he is a survivor.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

A quick Google search...and there's no such thing as an "Idaho Children's Opera." The only result is Bryan's bio from above. :-o :-o :-o

To be fair, you can't really compare Samika and the Lannings. Samika are Mormons and moved into a Mormon neighborhood in a suburb of Phoenix known for being LDS-friendly, so of course they'll fit right in immediately. Sam and Jenn are also MUCH more outgoing and friendly.

The Lannings are a bit "different" in general. I don't think they are very friendly or welcoming to most people. Their only friends are family or from high school. The YT friendships are just faked for content - I'd even include Cullen/Katie & Ellie/Jared in that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:A quick Google search...and there's no such thing as an "Idaho Children's Opera." The only result is Bryan's bio from above. :-o :-o :-o

To be fair, you can't really compare Samika and the Lannings. Samika are Mormons and moved into a Mormon neighborhood in a suburb of Phoenix known for being LDS-friendly, so of course they'll fit right in immediately. Sam and Jenn are also MUCH more outgoing and friendly.

The Lannings are a bit "different" in general. I don't think they are very friendly or welcoming to most people. Their only friends are family or from high school. The YT friendships are just faked for content - I'd even include Cullen/Katie & Ellie/Jared in that.
I get that it's a bad comparison. But Bryan and Missy have been going to church--haven't made any friends. It's like I said- they want to appear popular "Look at our fun parties! See, we have so many friends!" But they also want to be above everyone, and you can't make real friends that way. Nor can you buy them with jobs or views on YouTube. Sad that they seem to think that's the only thing they have to offer.
And Ollie should be in soccer or t-ball or something. He has a lot of energy like most kids his age, and should be in a sport where he can run around and play with other kids. Have they even been in their fancy pool lately (that we know of)? It's certainly been warm enough! 103 today!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”