HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sammi1991 wrote:@lurkernomore

Amen sister.

Long time lurker here, I've been reading here for years and have pretty much agreed with everything that's been said. Missy and Brian defiantly have some issues, plenty that I'd love to comment on. But fat shaming is not one of them. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and fat shame someone when most likely they're overweight themselves. I just couldn't sit back and read here anymore, this subject has really irked me! Sure, missy eats like shit. In all the years I've watched them, I've never seen her eat a veggie. Nor do their kids eat veggies, it's the parents fault. However I don't believe missy is fat at all, she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't!?? She's unhealthy, but she's not too overweight. Damn, I'd be happy be with her body. I think that's what is irking me. Women should be helping each other, not putting each other down. If missy does read here, then maybe if someone said something motivating and helpful, it may change her way of thinking about food. My two cents- missy you're loaded with cash, get yourself a personal chief and eat better!
You are all missing the point. Days and days of dat shaming Bryan and none of you step in and say something, but everyone Missy gets brought into it it's too far. I don't think Bryan should be mocked and shamed as he is, but if weight is a topic for discussion, then Missy's rapid weight gain IS CONCERNING. It's the elephant in the room no one mentions because people are more sensitive to her feelings because she's a woman.

And yes most of us do care about their health because this is the same diet they are feeding their children. It's going to lead to all kinds of health issues, and is likely to blame for Oliver's sudden crashes. It isn't lack of information, because they once mocked parents for feeding their children French fries. They know what's healthy/unhealthy and they just don't care.

Their comments section is for motivating/encouraging/supporting them. Mention their health though and you'll be blocked. This site is for discussing their vlogs freely where they don't have to read if they don't want to.

Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.

This was Missy after she had Oliver....

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... b7a809.png[/img]
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by spillingthetea »

Amen sister.

Long time lurker here, I've been reading here for years and have pretty much agreed with everything that's been said. Missy and Brian defiantly have some issues, plenty that I'd love to comment on. But fat shaming is not one of them. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and fat shame someone when most likely they're overweight themselves. I just couldn't sit back and read here anymore, this subject has really irked me! Sure, missy eats like shit. In all the years I've watched them, I've never seen her eat a veggie. Nor do their kids eat veggies, it's the parents fault. However I don't believe missy is fat at all, she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't!?? She's unhealthy, but she's not too overweight. Damn, I'd be happy be with her body. I think that's what is irking me. Women should be helping each other, not putting each other down. If missy does read here, then maybe if someone said something motivating and helpful, it may change her way of thinking about food. My two cents- missy you're loaded with cash, get yourself a personal chief and eat better!
To me she is very fat, maybe it is because where i live everyone eats healthy and we are rather skinny. I am skinny and work out so to me she is fat. This is a gossip site and i dont really care or have to care about her feelings, im stating the obvious

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Amen sister.

You are all missing the point. Days and days of dat shaming Bryan and none of you step in and say something, but everyone Missy gets brought into it it's too far. I don't think Bryan should be mocked and shamed as he is, but if weight is a topic for discussion, then Missy's rapid weight gain IS CONCERNING. It's the elephant in the room no one mentions because people are more sensitive to her feelings because she's a woman.

And yes most of us do care about their health because this is the same diet they are feeding their children. It's going to lead to all kinds of health issues, and is likely to blame for Oliver's sudden crashes. It isn't lack of information, because they once mocked parents for feeding their children French fries. They know what's healthy/unhealthy and they just don't care.

Their comments section is for motivating/encouraging/supporting them. Mention their health though and you'll be blocked. This site is for discussing their vlogs freely where they don't have to read if they don't want to.

Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't like the discussion about Bryan's weight either. I generally don't participate at all in the weight discussions, but I agreed with lurkernomore and wanted to tell her that. Like I said before though, I'm probably sensitive about this topic because I'm looking at it through the eyes of someone with similar issues.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Honestly, they both it like crap. The problem is they feed to dependents like crap. The boys are developing physically, mentally and emotionally and need proper nutrition. I wonder if Mimi cooked healthy meals or if she over cooked vegetables so they were unbearable to eat. My mom boiled all vegetables. I hated eating the mush. I roast vegetables and love them now. Maybe Missy could hire a “ friend” to show Bryan and her how to make tasty healthy food. Missy and Bryan are both short so any small amount of weight gain will show. I will admit once I gave up daily lattes I lost weight. Once I started eating healthy and moving I lost more. It is a constant battle because chocolate just calls me and tempts me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Honestly, they both it like crap. The problem is they feed to dependents like crap. The boys are developing physically, mentally and emotionally and need proper nutrition. I wonder if Mimi cooked healthy meals or if she over cooked vegetables so they were unbearable to eat. My mom boiled all vegetables. I hated eating the mush. I roast vegetables and love them now. Maybe Missy could hire a “ friend” to show Bryan and her how to make tasty healthy food. Missy and Bryan are both short so any small amount of weight gain will show. I will admit once I gave up daily lattes I lost weight. Once I started eating healthy and moving I lost more. It is a constant battle because chocolate just calls me and tempts me.

sorry for my typos. Auto correct is actually auto incorrect today

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
AGAIN?!?!? Seriously. How is this woman an adult?

She seriously needs to stop watching Disney Princess movies.. this damsel in distress bullshit is not cute anymore. She is a grown ass woman with 2 kids. It doesn't look cute it looks ignorant. I'm sure her dad came to the rescue. He's her knight in shining armor.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
Plus, those Volvo's have lots of bells and whistles to let you know when you're getting low.
Bryan is posting about watching the Beetlejuice cartoon with the boys. Ewww. And then he says "Beetlejuice" three times and puts a little emoji ghost and says "look how cute Beetlejuice is!" The Beetlejuice in the movie wasn't cute. He wasn't meant to be. Arrrrgh. Once again, Bryan is unclear on the concept. The Beetlejuice cartoon wasn't "great". It was awful.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
BeetleJuice is a great movie, love that movie.. but you are right, it's not "cute" or anywhere NEAR being kid appropriate. I wonder if he will be confused when Ollie has nightmares? that movie has A LOT of little kid nightmare fuel. Poor thing..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lurkernomore wrote:
natalka81 wrote: My personal opinion is that neither Missy nor Bryan's weight are particularly relevant. But I get that this is a gossip site.
I know the conversation has kind of died down but I wanted to weigh in (pun totally intended).

I'm with you, girl. Making fun of peoples' weight makes me feel shallow and nasty, so I don't do it. If other people are cool with it, I guess that's their business ... but making fun of peoples' weight doesn't make ME feel good. Yes, I get that this is a gossip site and I don't come here for the scintillating intellectual discourse, but I am kind of shocked about how much animosity a bunch of people sitting around on an internet message board seem to have about fat people (except for I'm not because I'm an actual fat person who lives in the world).

I don't buy 90% of the "I'm concerned about their health" nonsense. Standard concern trolling (only slightly less speculative, because we do see how truly unbalanced their diet is because they're vloggers). The nastiest comments here are NOT about their diets (which we all know are not good), but about how unattractive they are. I often wonder "Good lord, what would these people all say about me behind my back?"

But any time I express a differing opinion the responses I get are "if you don't like it, leave" ... or I get accused of being Mimi on the low ... so I'm content just not to participate in the body shaming and chime in with my two cents now and then. Personally, I think their bigger moral failing as parents is the rampant consumerism, the way they devalue education, the infantilization of their boys, and the generally half-assed approach to discipline and safety.
:hail:

PREACH!!!!! *shouts hallelujah from the back pew*
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

Playsinrain wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
AGAIN?!?!? Seriously. How is this woman an adult?

She seriously needs to stop watching Disney Princess movies.. this damsel in distress bullshit is not cute anymore. She is a grown ass woman with 2 kids. It doesn't look cute it looks ignorant. I'm sure her dad came to the rescue. He's her knight in shining armor.
This idiot can't do anything for her self.. I bet she still has to call Mimi to come over wipe her ass for her, while papa holds her hand.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

cat9480 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think it was last Halloween, that they went nuts filling up the cart with candy. And they can't possibly get that many trick or treaters in their neighborhood. They're not exactly in a big suburban development. And they have shown the crap in their cabinets. And if you have to have cookies and milk every night, drink low fat milk and only eat one cookie. I think she and Bryan enable each other in their bad eating habits. They eat an incredible amount of junk. And that Fireball in the freezer doesn't help. Is she still counting steps on her Apple watch? They both also do something gung ho for a week or two and then if the results aren't amazing enough, they give up. The delivery service, the sous vide, etc. My daughter is losing weight slowly, but it's going to last because she's not dieting. We've worked on the way we eat, and what we keep in the house. Because if it's not in the house, we won't eat it.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 18fb2f.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... ac2b02.png[/img]

Bryan told the boys this candy "has to last us all month." Not including the bowls of candy corn, the candy in the "advent" calendar (their words, not mine), and the candy they will get trick or treating! They are the King and Queen of Processed Junk. (Write a song about THAT Bryan. I might listen to that one Image)

And there are absolutely ways for Missy to still be picky and sneak nutrients in, and to make substitutions or just plain use portion control to clean up the stuff she does enjoy. I remember she would put these huge mason jars of milk in the freezer for milk and cookie time - a smaller glass of skin milk, or just a smaller glass of any milk is better than that. I cannot stand that she uses her pickiness as an excuse to eat crap.

That's a disgusting amount of candy for their age.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
digg1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by digg1 »

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Amelia322 wrote:
spooky wrote:As some upthread said, Missy is carrying a lot of abdominal weight and that's cause for concern. She may have her back arched a bit, but there's no denying she's put on a lot of weight this year.

Lol at Bryan's just a simple toy that costs $40. Simple toys in my day were jacks, marbles, board games etc. I would've been laughed at "mercifully" if I asked for a $40 toy.

They need to cut Fin's hair and WHY can't they ever wipe his nose?
It's okay to be over weight. Majority of us are, we all know it's because the way she eats. She doesn't seem to mind so Image. Or she's 20 weeks pregnant idk.

Lol she knows what she's doing to her body.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I resent the concern trolling comment.
I speak from experience. I know what it's like to suffer the consequences of obesity.
At just 31 years old I was diagnosed as borderline fatty liver disease and insulin resistant, on the cusp of type 2 diabetes. I had already been in physical therapy for joint problems. I had chronic pain and persistent fatigue. I couldn't enjoy my life the way I should at that young age.
I ATE myself damn near to an early grave.
Two thirds of American adults are doing the same thing.
When I say I'm CONCERNED about the health of two people that I watch everyday, I'm not trolling.
Obesity is a global epidemic, and you're gawd damned right I'm concerned about two internet famous people with a huge following of impressionable youth promoting an unhealthy lifestyle.
Not to mention that I don't actually hate them. I don't want them to be unhealthy. They're so codependent and enmeshed with her extended family (who also seem to have weight/health problems), that if anything happens to any of them, those kids will be screwed.
This is a hell of a lot more serious than hurt feelings. It's a national health crisis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

I don't want to drag on the weight discussion but they haven't put up a vlog yet so I'll get my two cents in: I agree with lurkernomore. I never bought any of the posters here who use the "I'm concerned about their health" line to justify their "wow look at Brynapple's huge neck and belly I wonder how he fits through the door LOL" posts. I'm not even overweight (I've actually been slightly underweight for my entire life) but a lot of the posts still make me uncomfortable. Way too much elementary mocking goes on with Bryan and way too much exaggeration with Missy. However, there ARE people on here who express genuine concern about their weight and poor diet (Theirmom, I've never seen you participating in the pointing and laughing) and I wholeheartedly agree with those people. There just has to be a line somewhere.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Slyfox vlog titled new house tour house #1 pool blows missy and bryans away

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

100midas wrote:I don't want to drag on the weight discussion but they haven't put up a vlog yet so I'll get my two cents in: I agree with lurkernomore. I never bought any of the posters here who use the "I'm concerned about their health" line to justify their "wow look at Brynapple's huge neck and belly I wonder how he fits through the door LOL" posts. I'm not even overweight (I've actually been slightly underweight for my entire life) but a lot of the posts still make me uncomfortable. Way too much elementary mocking goes on with Bryan and way too much exaggeration with Missy. However, there ARE people on here who express genuine concern about their weight and poor diet (Theirmom, I've never seen you participating in the pointing and laughing) and I wholeheartedly agree with those people. There just has to be a line somewhere.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Those are the types of mocking posts which are exactly the ones I'm referring to. They happen daily and don't sit well with anyone, yet no one says anything. I bring up the point that Missy is an unhealthy weight as well and suddenly everyone is defensive.

Theirmom is absolutely right that they are setting a bad example, and dragging their children into an unhealthy future with them. It isn't going to get better on its own, they need to take it very seriously. Do we need the pointing and mocking posts? No. Do we have a right to point out how extreme and concerning their lifestyle is, and the pattern that has been happening? Absolutely! This board used to be more discussion and less outright name-calling and mockery.

Lurkernomore- you do defend them a lot, but so do Theirmom and I. We have taken on the board before when gross speculation and childishness has become rampant, but we've done it without such a sanctimonious tone. We see poor diets and weight/food issues with many vloggers, but DB are so different. They are GOALS for people, and you're right that gross consumerism plays into this. As does gross consumption. They are buying and consuming to feel happy, and teaching the boys to do the same. It's very sad, and I think needs to be discussed a lot farther than just "Bryan's neck is disappearing!"

TL;DR. My point was and always will be that they BOTH are living an unhealthy lifestyle and BOTH should take the same criticism. Missy shouldn't get a pass because she's a woman, might have hurt feelings or because she's smaller. She eats the same junk Bryan does and feeds it to their kids. They are all unhealthy, and it's only going to accelerate with age.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Plus, those Volvo's have lots of bells and whistles to let you know when you're getting low.
Bryan is posting about watching the Beetlejuice cartoon with the boys. Ewww. And then he says "Beetlejuice" three times and puts a little emoji ghost and says "look how cute Beetlejuice is!" The Beetlejuice in the movie wasn't cute. He wasn't meant to be. Arrrrgh. Once again, Bryan is unclear on the concept. The Beetlejuice cartoon wasn't "great". It was awful.

BeetleJuice is a great movie, love that movie.. but you are right, it's not "cute" or anywhere NEAR being kid appropriate. I wonder if he will be confused when Ollie has nightmares? that movie has A LOT of little kid nightmare fuel. Poor thing..
Beetlejuice is a great movie, though I have to say, I've only ever watched it once because he just creeps me out lol but yes. Not appropriate at all for kids, especially that young. But then again, most things they show those kids aren't appropriate...
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I am actually concerned with how unhealthy they are. It's not trolling. I can tell Missy is quite deficient because of how exhausted she is, Bryan can hardly run up the stairs without panting or breaking a sweat, Ollie passes out HARD anywhere he is. There haven't been any signs with Finn yet, but I'm sure there will be. Like theirmom, I don't hate B&M. They drive me crazy sometimes, but I don't hate them, and I don't want to see them suffer.

I especially don't want the kids to suffer. That's what gets me most, is that Ollie and Finn are being set up to be unhealthy for their entire lives. And if they want to break out of that, and eat healthy, it's going to be SO DIFFICULT because they're used to processed food and junk. Which is ok sometimes, but not 24/7, every meal, which is the only thing they know.

I can acknowledge that Missy and Bryan are overweight. It's just a fact. But I will never laugh at them for their weight or call them derogatory names, because it's unnecessary and isn't doing anything but being rude. I am actually concerned for them, not just a horrible person who thinks overweight people are tragic, terrible beings...that's not who I am. I can't speak for everyone, but it's clear that most of us that have been talking about this aren't just assholes poking fun at them.
lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

I've been at a conference the last couple of days. Did I miss anything good?
Misk
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Misk »

HelloSweetie wrote: Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.
Regarding Missy's weight, I agree with you. It has become really obvious in the last 6 months or so she has put on quite a lot weight.

Personally, I don't think it is down to her changing her diet. I think she has probably always had a really unhealthy diet. The reality is is that she is hitting her late-20s now, and for quite a few people their metabolism starts to slow down at that point. I know plenty of friends who ate nothing but junk food in their 20s and were thin as a rake before it caught up with them as they hit their 30s, and they quickly put on a lot of weight. I suspect that is happening with Missy too.

Return to “Daily Bumps”