BumpsAlongTheWay FAQs

Izzybee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BumpsAlongTheWay FAQs

Unread post by Izzybee »

I've seen these FAQ topics in a few other threads and I figured it'd be good for us to have one. Ask any questions you may have about Bryan and Missy, and answer any commonly asked questions you see in the general thread. If you can supply a link to go along with your answer (YouTube video, comment screenshot, twitter, Facebook, etc.), please do.

So a few FAQ's I know off the top of my head:
Do they live with their parents?
Yes. Bryan, Missy, and Oliver live with Missy's parents, brother, and sister. Bryan gets very offended at the assertion that they live with their parents, as they live together in a "multigenerational household" (lmao).
Bryan and Missy divorced?
Yes. You can refer to their "DRAW OUR RELATIONSHIP" video to get the whole story. Cliffnotes: They married young, broke up shortly after, divorced, then reconciled.
What do they do for a living?
They don't work. Missy had a job at their local Chamber of Commerce, but quit when she went on maternity leave. Bryan's work history is a little shady. He worked as a server for years, then worked with a church to produce videos and stuff. He worked from home, then worked in an office. He stopped working around the time of Oliver's birth.
"People say I look like Zooey Deschanel, and people say Zooey Deschanel looks like Katy Perry. Which means I must look like Katy Perry!" - Missy "My Hot Wife" Hollister-Lanning
momto6
Talker
Talker

Re: BumpsAlongTheWay FAQs

Unread post by momto6 »

How old are B and M?
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

momto6 wrote:How old are B and M?
24 and 25 I believe? Missy is older.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

missy turned 25 last october and bryan will turn 25 sometime in january. can't believe i know this shit. :?
momto6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momto6 »

actuallydear wrote:missy turned 25 last october and bryan will turn 25 sometime in january. can't believe i know this shit. :?
LOL! That's right. I forgot that this is Bryan's birthday month.
Republique

Unread post by Republique »

Why do (most of) you consider Ollie neglected?
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

Can someone summarize the horse ranch thing? Or point me in the direction of which thread its in?
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Republique wrote:Why do (most of) you consider Ollie neglected?
Not so much neglected as ignored. While I do think they love him, I think they are just incredibly lazy towards him. You never see them playing with him, and you see him always playing by himself. You also never really see them interact with him besides zooming in on him eating during breakfast. When you see Ollie with other family members (such as Cassie) he is a totally different kid, he laughs and smiles more and is more happy.
You can see when B&M are in other people's vlogs (like Ellie and Jared's) that Oliver is always shrieking or throwing tantrums. You also see Ollie latch onto Jared while he sort of ignores Bryan (considering Bryan spends 90% of his time in his 'office' that doesn't surprise me).
Basically, the general consensus is that Bryan is lazy and sees Ollie as a money-maker, while Missy is just lazy in general.
justarandomperson22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by justarandomperson22 »

Iammrsnesbitt wrote:Can someone summarize the horse ranch thing? Or point me in the direction of which thread its in?
At one point in 2013 bryan and missy sold special karma phone cases and said the profit would go to the horse ranch that missy was currently visiting. A few months go by with no mention of the donation how many cases are sold etc. Someone contacted the horse ranch about the donation and it turns out that they had never even made the donation. Bryan claimed it was a PayPal error that the money didn't go thru but we all know that it's a lie. They received the profits from the cases right around Christmas times.
Bryan eventually made the donation but made it without ever releasing the information of exactly how many cases where sold. Considering how many people said they bought cases the numbers dont add up The ranch made a post about how it's important to directly donate to the actual charity.
for_the_wolf
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by for_the_wolf »

Can someone explain to me what everyone means by saying m&b bought views? I don't get it
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

for_the_wolf wrote:Can someone explain to me what everyone means by saying m&b bought views? I don't get it
because of the stats on their video titled 'baby trapped in a water park'. currently 9.8 million views, 19k thumbs up at 3k thumbs down. usually with a misleading title like that and people clicking purely because of the title, there would usually be more thumbs downs. youtube is serious business and people don't like to be fooled. if you click a video titled 'baby trapped in a water park' you expect to see a baby trapped in a friggin water park

also taking into consideration is the fact that their next most popular video (which is ollie's birth video) has only 1.3 million views. big difference.
justarandomperson22
Gossiper
Gossiper

for_the_wolf wrote:Can someone explain to me what everyone means by saying m&b bought views? I don't get it
Most youtube channels have a number of "dead" subscribers people that subscribe but never view the content so while a subscription count maybe be say 100,000 the normal view count is around 10-20 thousand views. When you look at bryan and missys channel they don't follow a regular pattern at all. Their views jump up and down wildly with no like or dislike increase or decrease. Take their baby trapped in a water park video with almost 10 million views. The like/dislike count is way off. People do not like misleading video titles the dislike count should be way higher than it is. But the like/dislike count is almost on par with a normal days vlog. You can buy views pretty cheap but it costs more for additional things like commenting subscribing and liking a video.
Iammrsnesbitt
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Iammrsnesbitt »

justarandomperson22 wrote:
Iammrsnesbitt wrote:Can someone summarize the horse ranch thing? Or point me in the direction of which thread its in?
At one point in 2013 bryan and missy sold special karma phone cases and said the profit would go to the horse ranch that missy was currently visiting. A few months go by with no mention of the donation how many cases are sold etc. Someone contacted the horse ranch about the donation and it turns out that they had never even made the donation. Bryan claimed it was a PayPal error that the money didn't go thru but we all know that it's a lie. They received the profits from the cases right around Christmas times.
Bryan eventually made the donation but made it without ever releasing the information of exactly how many cases where sold. Considering how many people said they bought cases the numbers dont add up The ranch made a post about how it's important to directly donate to the actual charity.
Ahhh, finally! Thank you!
for_the_wolf
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by for_the_wolf »

actuallydear wrote:
because of the stats on their video titled 'baby trapped in a water park'. currently 9.8 million views, 19k thumbs up at 3k thumbs down. usually with a misleading title like that and people clicking purely because of the title, there would usually be more thumbs downs. youtube is serious business and people don't like to be fooled. if you click a video titled 'baby trapped in a water park' you expect to see a baby trapped in a friggin water park

also taking into consideration is the fact that their next most popular video (which is ollie's birth video) has only 1.3 million views. big difference.
Ah I see, thank you. But how exactly do you buy them? Is there a market for that? That's weird lol
justarandomperson22
Gossiper
Gossiper

for_the_wolf wrote:
actuallydear wrote:

Ah I see, thank you. But how exactly do you buy them? Is there a market for that? That's weird lol
There are hundreds of website that offer the service.
Olivealive
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Olivealive »

This video contains screen shots of the whole horse ranch ordeal.
kjb223
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kjb223 »

Were they kicked out of the house they lived in when they first started vlogging?
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

To add to the horse ranch scam, the horse ranch stated on their Facebook that they never even knew about the fundraiser. That's a huge red flag.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

BumpsAlongTheWay FAQs

kjb223 wrote:Were they kicked out of the house they lived in when they first started vlogging?
I think I remember reading about it on here, or maybe on the Liars and Cheaters page that they got kicked out for having too many people living there or something. Not sure, it's been years. If anyone knows more about this?
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

actuallydear wrote:
kjb223 wrote:Were they kicked out of the house they lived in when they first started vlogging?
I think I remember reading about it on here, or maybe on the Liars and Cheaters page that they got kicked out for having too many people living there or something. Not sure, it's been years. If anyone knows more about this?
I saw that they got in trouble for living in the garage, since it's against code and that's why they moved out super fast.

Return to “Daily Bumps”