Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

Unread post by Amelia322 »

SO SHES excited to dress fin up and not hold him and kiss him and cuddle him? That's what she's so excited about???!
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

Amelia322 wrote:SO SHES excited to dress fin up and not hold him and kiss him and cuddle him? That's what she's so excited about???!
She wants dolls, not children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

omg. Bryan actually implied that the projector helps Ollie use his imagination more vs just looking at books and being read too. The projector is like the antithesis of imagination.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ProSubscriber wrote:I remembered seeing the clear bookshelves a long time ago and thought they were cool, but when I looked them up the price was outrageous.

I just looked them up again and the set of 2 is $199.
Use rain gutters. Cute, you can customize the length, amount and can even do corners. Plus, it's WAY cheaper.
palmtrees
Talker
Talker

Unread post by palmtrees »

Oliver's room does not look good for a two year old. I can't wait for the vlog where Oliver breaks the lamp and missy still claims he's a calm child. And his room looks so small with the new bed it basically goes from wall to wall same with the bed Missy's room.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

ProSubscriber wrote:omg. Bryan actually implied that the projector helps Ollie use his imagination more vs just looking at books and being read too. The projector is like the antithesis of imagination.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that!! I have this one app for my son, you get a free dr Seuss book a week, digital. And it'll read to you and flip the page for you, which initially I thought was neat. But then I realized it was like a tiny cartoon to him. Nothing like reading a book. I'm not against letting my son watch cartoons from PBS or other "educational" programming, but I realized immediately that digital books that read to you in no way can replace a real book.

It causes the child to just be zombified, much like he is infront of the TV and iPad.

palmtrees
Talker
Talker

Unread post by palmtrees »

ProSubscriber wrote:omg. Bryan actually implied that the projector helps Ollie use his imagination more vs just looking at books and being read too. The projector is like the antithesis of imagination.
What can we really expect from bryan when he relies so heavily on electronics. He Actually thinks the projector will do good for Oliver. I hope they realize soon that they are setting Oliver up to fail by barely interacting with him while constantly throwing him Infront of electronics all the time.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bryan, we know you read here....

This is stupid. Don't let Missy tell you that this is good for him imagination. You love Harry Potter, right? Ok, imagine instead of getting the books as they come out and getting lost in that beautiful descriptive world in your imagination... you instead watched the movies or had sketches in front of you of what you were seeing marring your ability to imagine things for yourself. You know the projector is horribly lazy. It will come at the expense of your bond with Ollie, and his intellectual development. If Missy is too busy to READ to Oliver (no projector), then please do it yourself.

2 is still a baby, even if you build them a "big boy room' and start calling them independent. If you have no interest in teaching him, then put him in daycare and let them teach him there. He doesn't need fancy rooms and more stuff. He needs more connections and security. It isn't a good thing that he adjusts that easily. It's alarming for him to not have ANY attachments. He needs to learn it's ok to like what he likes... even if it doesn't fit him mom's "picture perfect" view of things.
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
ProSubscriber wrote:I remembered seeing the clear bookshelves a long time ago and thought they were cool, but when I looked them up the price was outrageous.

Use rain gutters. Cute, you can customize the length, amount and can even do corners. Plus, it's WAY cheaper.
Yeah. I'm nervous when it comes to rain gutters, wood pallets, and PVC pipes that people use for kids' DIY. They often contain phthalates, lead and other things a kid shouldn't be in frequent contact with. My favourite DIY shelves are the fabric + curtain rods, and spice racks. They're also super cheap.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

spacekitty wrote:Um it's so he can experience camping without actually camping duh guize
This thread moved SO fast, almost 1000 posts already. Must have been those tweets dumbass BryBry made lying

Yeah it went SO fast. I last read Tuesday night (after my bday) and I was so exhausted to finish catching up. I just got back on last night and am just catching up now!! Haha. I haven't even got to Messica yet!!
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Daily Bums- DailyDetachedParenting Part 32

Unread post by spacekitty »

FJ_Lanning wrote:
spacekitty wrote:Um it's so he can experience camping without actually camping duh guize
This thread moved SO fast, almost 1000 posts already. Must have been those tweets dumbass BryBry made lying

Yeah it went SO fast. I last read Tuesday night (after my bday) and I was so exhausted to finish catching up. I just got back on last night and am just catching up now!! Haha. I haven't even got to Messica yet!!
Happy belated Birthday :D

Last edited by spacekitty on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I can't wait till Ollie gets into the diaper rash ointment and spreads it everywhere one night. They are morons.

glowingrooms
Informer
Informer

Unread post by glowingrooms »

spacekitty wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:SO SHES excited to dress fin up and not hold him and kiss him and cuddle him? That's what she's so excited about???!
She wants dolls, not children

I'd buy her an American Girl doll if it meant she would stop reproducing.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

ashley0120 wrote:[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/31 ... 775db2.jpg[/img]

Is it bad that I laughed so hard when Ollie hit Bryan? And I snorted when Bryan told Oliver to be sorry but didn't even tell him what he's sorry for! He's not going to learn by the time Finley arrives and they are running out of time!

I thought Scott Sandler was a crazy minion?? They posted something that actually made sense!! Haha.
hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by hannahbanana »

Lol she barely dressed up Ollie when she was in the hospital, Suzanne was the one changing his clothes and diaper, even held him when the doctors would come and check on him. The only time you saw Princess Missy hold Ollie was when she was breastfeeding him.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:COME ON THEY IN NO WAY designed this! We know they have no style look at his last 3 nurseries !!! They had no style look at their living space havaha!! They totally hired someone!!! I can bet on that lol
No, they didn't. http://fantabulosity.com/home-tour-part ... decor-boy/

Bryan ordered all the stuff and put it up. That's why he did the tour. Missy did literally NOTHING. I still think the idea is awful. Know what would have been cute? They could have kept her "Woodland" theme and added a tent, canoe, the moose, pictures etc. Then it would have been a real camping/adventure theme.

Maybe make a visit to an outdoor store and have a look around for inspiration :?
WTF. How did you find this? It's almost IDENTICAL. I'm so confused. Did Missy find it online/Pinterest and make Bry Bry copy it?? How did they even find all the same items???
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A GIF OF BRYAN GETTING HIT WITH THE DRILL BY OLLIE!!!!!!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ProSubscriber wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:

Yeah, I feel ya. That's why we haven't done anything yet either.

I don't feel that great about the Ubabub either though. Expensive and it's acrylic and nowhere could I find info on how it's safe. I mean, the website says their products are, but nothing specific to those shelves. Even the acrylic cribs specify the timber is safe, but not the acrylic. Makes me skeptical. I might pay the $200 if it were more clear.

I think B&M picked them for the modern design though, not because of safety or eco concerns :P

Yeah. I'm nervous when it comes to rain gutters, wood pallets, and PVC pipes that people use for kids' DIY. They often contain phthalates, lead and other things a kid shouldn't be in frequent contact with. My favourite DIY shelves are the fabric + curtain rods, and spice racks. They're also super cheap.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FJ_Lanning wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:COME ON THEY IN NO WAY designed this! We know they have no style look at his last 3 nurseries !!! They had no style look at their living space havaha!! They totally hired someone!!! I can bet on that lol
No, they didn't. http://fantabulosity.com/home-tour-part ... decor-boy/

Bryan ordered all the stuff and put it up. That's why he did the tour. Missy did literally NOTHING. I still think the idea is awful. Know what would have been cute? They could have kept her "Woodland" theme and added a tent, canoe, the moose, pictures etc. Then it would have been a real camping/adventure theme.

Maybe make a visit to an outdoor store and have a look around for inspiration :?
WTF. How did you find this? It's almost IDENTICAL. I'm so confused. Did Missy find it online/Pinterest and make Bry Bry copy it?? How did they even find all the same items???
Lol. I found it because I wanted a closer look at the "Moose" to see if it was actually supposed to be a moose, an elk, etc. I wanted to see the side profile because it just doesn't look right to me.

Basically, I found it by accident ;)
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Did they choose that theme so they wouldn't have to paint his walls? The theme doesn't seem like it would be fun for a toddler.

Return to “Daily Bumps”