DailyContractions: Part 38

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyContractions: Part 38

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

westwuff wrote:Regular paint (washable, nontoxic) would allow Ollie to mix the colors and see what he's doing easier. I like to give my kiddo a plate with a few colors, strip her down and lay a big piece of paper on a shower curtain. Alternately, you can let your kid paint in the tub and just rinse them down. Finger paints are quick and easy to make too.
I used to let the girl I nannied paint in the tub and it was so much fun! It also helped with potty training because I could catch her when she needed to go (she did it naked as not to ruin her clothes) and just put her on the potty. Poor Oliver never gets to use his imagination or do things creatively, and it's such a shame. Let him draw outside with chalk, or even color with crayons. I find it very telling that parents of now two kids have a white couch--no sane parent would expect that to stand up to messes, but Bryan and Missy expect there to be NO messes.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sweet456 »

My toddler just painted and she covered herself as well as the paper with water color. No harm in fun and easy clean up. Gotta let them be a kid and explore :)
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

westwuff wrote:Regular paint (washable, nontoxic) would allow Ollie to mix the colors and see what he's doing easier. I like to give my kiddo a plate with a few colors, strip her down and lay a big piece of paper on a shower curtain. Alternately, you can let your kid paint in the tub and just rinse them down. Finger paints are quick and easy to make too.
while those paints and markers are cool, they're probably more suited to older kids who 'get' the novelty, not a toddler who is forced to use them as his first experience with art.

they've got a beautiful back patio and fantastic weather all-year-round where they are, why don't they set up an activity table outside for him? put him in old clothes, or buy him a smock (i'm sure there's even toy story ones!) so that he doesn't ruin his clothes... because that is obviously what's holding them back. missy's control issues that include mess.

he really needs to be playing with sensory toys and activities. let him play with playdough, even that magnetic sand, that way he can get used to the sand at the beach without it being filled with anxiety for him. :( i cannot wait to have kids so that i can teach them things and do arts and crafts and help them develop their minds. i feel so bad that his young mind is not being used to its capacity.

missy and bryan, if you're reading this (i'm sure you are): children's minds are like sponges - they soak in everything they see and hear. you're both blessed enough to be at home with him everyday, so use that to your advantage. please.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

Cgl33 wrote:
violet-kelsey black wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I still can't believe these morons bought a car seat brand that they can't even pronounce. Do they pronounce Chicco properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, they pronounce it "Keeko" Image

That is actually the correct pronunciation. It's an Italian brand.
Damn it. I've been thinking it was cheek-o this whole time. But I always say things wrong until someone correct me. :P I'm not bad with names. But other things. Haha oh man. I had sounds and syllables everywhere.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
I used to let the girl I nannied paint in the tub and it was so much fun! It also helped with potty training because I could catch her when she needed to go (she did it naked as not to ruin her clothes) and just put her on the potty. Poor Oliver never gets to use his imagination or do things creatively, and it's such a shame. Let him draw outside with chalk, or even color with crayons. I find it very telling that parents of now two kids have a white couch--no sane parent would expect that to stand up to messes, but Bryan and Missy expect there to be NO messes.
My mom used to put me in the tub filled with spilt peas or beans (dry of course haha) It was so much fun to play with with beach toys and stuff. It's a great sensory activity. Not sure if that's a cleaner option.

I've even see on Pinterest painting in a plastic bag so there's no mess.

I feel so bad for him. I was really close with my nephew from birth to 13 months but then our families had a falling out. (It's actually my cousins baby, I just say nephew) So I never got to start those fun sensory and craft stuff with him!! It's fun for the parents too! I'm OBSESSED with Playdoh haha.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

So new Bumpdate is up.....inducing labor "naturally"

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

what i learned from the bumpdate:
missy says labour is FUN.
missy did not mention finley's name at all. not even once.
missy is grasping at straws to induce 'this baby' naturally... i get that pregnancy is long and the last few weeks are tough but holy crap, you're not even overdue. let him keep cooking, when he's ready he will come out! and if not, the doctors will take over.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Just started the Bumpdate. I'm not even to the Title topic yet, but had to pause the video and come here to say...

BITCH, LEAVE YO HAIR ALONE.

It looks like she went and got it bleached again, and the ends are pathetic. All of her hair is dry, but the ends literally look like straw. They look like they would crunch if you squeezed them.

That is all. Back to watch her talk about holistic mumbo jumbo bullshit to "naturally" induce labour. *hint, if it starts because you interfered, it's not natural*
:roll:
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

actuallydear wrote:what i learned from the bumpdate:
missy is grasping at straws to induce 'this baby' naturally... i get that pregnancy is long and the last few weeks are tough but holy crap, you're not even overdue. let him keep cooking, when he's ready he will come out! and if not, the doctors will take over.
So she can't handle needles, but thinks labor is fun? Maybe the needle thing was just an act on camera?...

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

twomommies wrote:
actuallydear wrote:what i learned from the bumpdate:
So she can't handle needles, but thinks labor is fun? Maybe the needle thing was just an act on camera?...

Oh and she also said it was really painful when the midwife checked her.

I've never given birth but I dunno, I'm inclined to think that if she thinks that is painful then she's not gonna make it through a VBAC.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Enjoy the "fun" labor! She will be asking for an epidural, I guarantee it!
loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

OMFG the title of that Bumpdate.

Things of note:
1. Girlfriend's hair is fried. Maybe it will get healthier when she doesn't have time to go to the salon after Finn's birth.
2. Missy knows better than a doctor's scale.
3. "I'm definitely the type of person who likes information." Yeah, but it doesn't mean you pay any attention to it.
4. I love that her midwife told her to start doing things like primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea...but Missy has already been doing those for a while. You know, before her child was full term. P.S. None of those things work -- they are a way to pass time until labor starts.
5. She is wearing a shirt that actually fits!
tayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tayyyyyyyyyyyyy »

Theirmom wrote:Just started the Bumpdate. I'm not even to the Title topic yet, but had to pause the video and come here to say...

BITCH, LEAVE YO HAIR ALONE.

It looks like she went and got it bleached again, and the ends are pathetic. All of her hair is dry, but the ends literally look like straw. They look like they would crunch if you squeezed them.

That is all. Back to watch her talk about holistic mumbo jumbo bullshit to "naturally" induce labour. *hint, if it starts because you interfered, it's not natural*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

Thoughts on the bump date.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOUR HAIR LOOKS GOOD LIKE THAT?! It's so fried and the front left has a curl and the front right is DEAD straight (actually it's all dead ;) ) and the two tone look? Reminding me of a 00's music video backup dancer

If you're only going to put on copious amounts of dark eyeliner, foundation that's too pale for you and a hint of eyeshadow then don't wear any makeup. Seriously, your eyebrows and lips need to be visible.

She said Ollie 4/5 times and not Finley once.... Didn't mention Bryan once either!

At least she admitted she was "disappointed" that it wasn't labour on Sunday..... But honestly if I went into labour and hadn't felt one braxton hicks I would be TERRIFIED because I knew my body wouldn't have prepared and practised. It was her first time feeling contractions and she was upset it wasn't the real thing Image

She's been given the "all clear" to start trying to induce now but has been bouncing on her ball for weeks and taking evening primrose oil and raspberry loose leaf tea "for a while now"

Doctors scales aren't right.... Yeah I'm sure your target scales are more accurate than those of a medical professional

When she complains about having to wait I honestly just want to reach through the screen and slap her. Her baby is not ready! She's not at her due date! If he wanted to come he would be here, why can't she just stfu Image

aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

loopdeloop wrote:OMFG the title of that Bumpdate.

Things of note:
1. Girlfriend's hair is fried. Maybe it will get healthier when she doesn't have time to go to the salon after Finn's birth.
2. Missy knows better than a doctor's scale.
3. "I'm definitely the type of person who likes information." Yeah, but it doesn't mean you pay any attention to it.
4. I love that her midwife told her to start doing things like primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea...but Missy has already been doing those for a while. You know, before her child was full term. P.S. None of those things work -- they are a way to pass time until labor starts.
5. She is wearing a shirt that actually fits!

Hahaha wow we just posted almost the same exact thing Image

I forgot to mention about the shirt though! At the start I was actually thinking she looked slimmer than usual because the straps weren't digging into her flesh and it had space across her chest. Why is this the first time we've seen her wear it when she wore that horrid Aqua/ plaid/ lace concoction until she was "literally" falling out of it! She said none of her maternity clothes fit but once again just her having a sook and elaborating

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I'm at work so I haven't watched the video yet. But...She really said labor is fun?! As someone who has experienced labor, honey, it is not fun by any means. She won't be able to handle it without medication. I have a high pain tolerance and I got an epidural as soon as they asked if I wanted one!

I'm really tempted to see how much money they're spending on stupid crap. I know its was done before on here. They'll never get their own house if they keep spending money like they are. It's driving me nuts. I wish I could spend money like they do lol.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

I don't know if anyone else here is familiar with Tangled but this song comes in my head anytime Mithy starts acting like she knows more than a professional (every time she opens her mouth)

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

Poor, misguided Stephenie! Missy isn't going to let Bryan anywhere near her to do these things!
Screenshot_2015-10-09-11-26-42.png
Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Did Missy just say she was fisted by her midwife?
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

Cgl33 wrote:Did Missy just say she was fisted by her midwife?
LMFAO! Image

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”