Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lori_plyler
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFalseLabor Part 40

Unread post by lori_plyler »

Maybe the blood pressure cuff was for Ollie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Bahahahah!! He makes a status as if they're admitted into the hospital ummmm no you're midwife probably just said that to shut you up Bahahah! Okay didn't she say baby was already low and engaged at 37 weeks? Lol
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And who cares if he's e gaged and low?!! I mean that doesn't mean shit. You can be low and engaged at any time during your last weeks or month. Still doesn't meant shit why didn't they post about how many CM she is?!?! Oh that's right because she's still an almost 1cm
BirthIsBeautiful
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by BirthIsBeautiful »

Commenting on what an unfortunate child he is because he looks like Bryan was a little over the line for me personally... Along with making fun of Missy's lisp. All the comments about their piss poor parenting is understandable and warranted but I feel like a lot of times people are looking for something to complain about so they talk about her wrinkly skin and Bryan's weight etc. Or how there are grown women here complaining because Missy's boobs are droopy without a bra. They're boobs, they're fat. They sag. I think they give enough ammo without us having to attack appearances lol seems like what a minion would do. But that's just me."[QUOTE]

*Slow clap* exactly what I have been thinking. So I'm hopelessly addicted to this board now, so thanks for that.

My official stances are I'm "meh" on the parenting stuff, totally agree about Ollie's diet/toy addiction and THEIR SPENDING, oh my god. Sad that when I first started watching them in 2013 they were so in love with her pregnancy with Oliver, cloth diapering, extended breastfeeding, making all of his food/baby led weaning, etc etc (everything I am into) and they basically dropped all of that when it got too hard/inconvenient.

Sidenote: Last week when Bryan said Missy "fell asleep on the couch" or whatever, you can literally see her close her eyes as the camera pans to her, I rewound it twice to watch. What a weird thing to lie about AND not cut out in the vlog.

And my 2yo still has a 1.5-2.5hr nap AND he sleeps through the night, and he's no where close to knowing all his numbers/letters or having a full vocabulary. Kids are different (mine is very physically advanced, slow on the speaking side) and the sanctimommy in here is so thick sometimes, seriously. Chill out, let your kid be a kid sometimes too.

az2639
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by az2639 »

cats-or-die wrote:
SelkieSpirit wrote:[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/14 ... e02620.jpg[/img]

Shut up Bryan

And who confirmed the baby was engaged? Google? Image

xoxo gossip cat
But is she dilated? Weird that he didn't mention that!

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wish one of their minions would ask how much she was dilated but I'm sure her midwife didn't wanna check her for the hundredth time. I was only checked one when i was in labor because of all the shit they say about infection but I know some hospitals check multiple times!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

GGANON wrote:Why is Bryan allowing Ollie to put salt on his food?! He's only two and doesn't need to pick up the habit of putting salt on everything.
Because they want him to go into renal failure from his diabetes even faster than usual. TODDLER TRAPPED IN DIALYSIS! should go viral. His little body isn't meant to handle extra salt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sarahshortcake
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sarahshortcake »

Going back to that blood pressure cuff... She probably is keeping tabs on her blood pressure. A sudden onset of high blood pressure is a warning indicator for pre-eclampsia which is an emergency and high risk. Then she could feel special again.
lori_plyler
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lori_plyler »

sarahshortcake wrote:Going back to that blood pressure cuff... She probably is keeping tabs on her blood pressure. A sudden onset of high blood pressure is a warning indicator for pre-eclampsia which is an emergency and high risk. Then she could feel special again.
She had a scare with Ollie.
I was just watching some old vlogs from when she was pregnant with Ollie, she had an "irritable uterus" at about 33ish weeks....which she got 3 or 4 shots at the ER to stop contractions. She was fine with the shots. But whoa! Mimi was in full force mama bear mode talking for Mithy and everything! Not much has changed with Mimi, but Mithy has changed a lot.

Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Question off topic but Why are midwives so against checking? Both my OB's have/are checked/checking me the last month now every week. Why would medical doctors be okay with it? And midwives no go?

sbandob3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sbandob3 »

I have a 2 year old named Oliver as well, born in September so 2 months younger then Ollie. His speech is actually a tiny bit less developed then the DB, he doesn't say more than a few words, he pretends to count but only makes the inflections, hums songs (like Thomas the Train or Old MacDonald) and doesn't say sentences. But we literally just stepped out of his 2 year check up and his ped. said it was completely fine and that toddlers, boys especially, move at their own pace and it's not until age 3 that it's a problem. I was told to come in in six months if he's not speaking well by then. I would wait and see what happens with their Ollie in the next year, for all we know his speech will start improving rapidly out of no where (I've heard many moms of boys who've experienced that). Sorry to talk too much about myself, though. :/
sbandob3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sbandob3 »

Sweet456 wrote:Question off topic but Why are midwives so against checking? Both my OB's have/are checked/checking me the last month now every week. Why would medical doctors be okay with it? And midwives no go?

I think it's just because it's kind of pointless. How far you are usually has little to do with when you'll go into labor and they don't like moms to hear that they're not dilated and be upset or that they are and assume that that means they're about to have their baby. I could be wrong.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

sbandob3 wrote:
Sweet456 wrote:Question off topic but Why are midwives so against checking? Both my OB's have/are checked/checking me the last month now every week. Why would medical doctors be okay with it? And midwives no go?

I think it's just because it's kind of pointless. How far you are usually has little to do with when you'll go into labor and they don't like moms to hear that they're not dilated and be upset or that they are and assume that that means they're about to have their baby. I could be wrong.
That makes sense thank you! Mine checked me yesterday obviously I wasn't expecting anything to be remotely close to ready. I can see moms getting disappointed closer to their due date. I think a lot of woman forget it's just an estimated date. Not a true blue

loopdeloop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by loopdeloop »

Unless you are in labor, how dilated you are doesn't matter. Your cervix is not a crystal ball. Midwives know this. Doctors have not been in the delivery game as long. They like to have data, but unfortunately, this data is completely irrelevant.

If you are interested in how we shifted culturally in the U.S. from midwives to doctors, there are a lot of great resources online.
SelkieSpirit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SelkieSpirit »

az2639 wrote:
But is she dilated? Weird that he didn't mention that!

I sent them both a polite tweet asking lol

:HK: Hate to love and love to hate :HK:
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I can't even read the comments on their videos or Twitter. My brain hurts every time because none of them know how to spell or use punctuation!

Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I've just always chosen an OB and loved them both. I know everyone is different in their choices I have nothing against it. I was just curious :)

gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

loopdeloop wrote:
Unless you are in labor, how dilated you are doesn't matter. Your cervix is not a crystal ball. Midwives know this. Doctors have not been in the delivery game as long. They like to have data, but unfortunately, this data is completely irrelevant.

If you are interested in how we shifted culturally in the U.S. from midwives to doctors, there are a lot of great resources online.
I asked my OB the point of it because it caused a lot of spotting. He said it might speed up a trip to L&D. Like if I walked in and said I'd had contractions for hours but I was still the same as my appointment they'd know sooner it wasn't real labor. After that I declined checks. I sorta think they check so women feel they had a reason to go in weekly.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gwsb wrote:
loopdeloop wrote:

I asked my OB the point of it because it caused a lot of spotting. He said it might speed up a trip to L&D. Like if I walked in and said I'd had contractions for hours but I was still the same as my appointment they'd know sooner it wasn't real labor. After that I declined checks. I sorta think they check so women feel they had a reason to go in weekly.

Haha that makes even more sense

Return to “Daily Bumps”