DailyDulls: Part 61

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDulls: Part 61

Unread post by liz749 »

If I'm remembering right, didn't missy say that she thought it would be cool for the boys to share a room? It wasn't super recent but recent enough that maybe they already knew about this house. I could totally be getting vloggers messed up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

zacmum wrote:Thinking about the house.. I am a bit confused. 4 bedrooms only? For over a million dollar house, I'd expect at least 5! I mean, my house isn't as big as theirs but it is a 4 bedroom house and has a separate lounge/kitchen/dining etc and we are renting but outright to buy is $280,000. That is such an awful amount of money for that house. I was looking at other houses in that price and there were so many more nicer ones with better options!

They don't really look into their future either do they? Ok if you are renting but you purchased a house over a million dollars! 4 bedrooms? One for M&B, one for Ollie, one for Finn. Leaves 1 room left. They need a guest room because everyone comes over all the time. That is it. What about future children? They have said they want 4 children. Shared bedrooms? I cant see them doing that. They will want them having their own. I noticed at one point B said something about it being a dream house, and she didn't seem so sure like, I hope so. But it wasn't a definite. I give it a couple years and they will be out of it again looking for a new one.
I think they actually got a pretty good deal. I live about 50miles north east of them towards the ocean and the homes in our neighborhood are going for 900,000 to 1.3 million. The homes are from 2500sq feet to 3500 square feet on a half an acre. Homes in Murrietta are just starting to go up in value so if they stay there for 5 years they should be able to get their money out of the house. If they have that much cash sitting around in a bank that would be silly, real estate is always a better option for investing. I think my problem is that I have lived through the real estate bubble where everyone in the mortgage business was making millions per year. That lasted about 8 years and the bubble bursted and all those people making over a million a year were losing their jobs and their homes. It has made me really cautious about what we do with our money and what we spend and what we save. We got caught up in that spending mode where the sky was the limit and we bought new cars, we ate out all the time, spent hundreds of dollars and never blinked. They were fun times but they never last. That is what I am afraid for these two silly 20 something year olds. You tube is good to them right now, but what if??? What if it all goes away and you don't have any marketable skills to fall back on to earn a living with. They seems to be supporting a lot of people on their income. I sure hope for their sake that they are also saving for the what if's....
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Acbsktbll wrote:I hate front load washers. Seriously. Worst investment ever!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
I agree 100% I kick myself every time I do laundry for getting rid of my Maytag washer and dryer. My clothes were always clean back in the day. Not so much now!!
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Amelia322 wrote:
Ashtonfrank76 wrote:Why are they going to playlist for a full week?? Wednesday-Wednesday... I thought it was only a weekend event?
because they need to reconnect as a family, don't hate
Sorry for another post .... I am sure they will be heading to Disney World with all the fam bam!!! Just a guess!!
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

Bethypooh51 wrote:

I agree 100% I kick myself every time I do laundry for getting rid of my Maytag washer and dryer. My clothes were always clean back in the day. Not so much now!!
Also don't washers now have an water saver device? I am pretty sure it is standard on the machines in CA. You basically have to do your clothes twice on many of the newer models.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:
Ashtonfrank76 wrote:Why are they going to playlist for a full week?? Wednesday-Wednesday... I thought it was only a weekend event?
because they need to reconnect as a family, don't hate
Sorry for another post .... I am sure they will be heading to Disney World with all the fam bam!!! Just a guess!!
They did promise a "magical surprise" for the sweepstakes winner, it's gotta be Disneyland or Harry Potter. But I have a feeling the contest winner won't remember that promise
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

laughsatytfame wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

Also don't washers now have an water saver device? I am pretty sure it is standard on the machines in CA. You basically have to do your clothes twice on many of the newer models.
Yup!!! It was one of those really poor purchases on my part!!
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
Yup!!! It was one of those really poor purchases on my part!!
With all the other ways people in CA waste water you think they could throw us a bone with our washers lol. It is a pain in the ass.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I've heard this a lot!

It's made me appreciate my boring, non-beautiful washer and drier more Image
GGANON
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GGANON »

So they painted the outside and inside of the house? In the pictures it's that orangish color and in today's vlog when Bryan was sitting on the steps it's a tanish color.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Mimi and ppaps playground is such a waste, I doubt they're gonna drive thirty minutes just to play at their park with they have a fancy gouse and yard themselves

SomeoneNew2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneNew2 »

Theirmom wrote:
lisssa wrote:Just at the start of the vlog when missy says that Ollie "knew he wasn't supposed to wake up so he sat down on the stairs and he fell asleep", does this mean he got up and out of bed without one of them? And yet somehow made it down the stairs alone? Why have a baby gate there that's ALWAYS left open for your child to have the opportunity to seriously hurt themselves. I've always noticed that it's open when they're filming but leaving it open overnight (when the house is in darkness) when they know he can make it out his room alone is such a stupid thing to do. The kid could decide to go play with his toys randomly and seriously hurt himself trying to get downstairs.

I mean, Ollie's not a baby or even a toddler. The kid is 3 years old, ffs. He's old enough to know how the latch works on the gate and open it himself.
At this point it's safer to leave it open or remove it than to risk him climbing over it, which he is also fully capable of doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Since when is a 3 year old no longer a toddler? Also, Oliver isn't 3 until July...Those baby gates are designed so a child CAN'T open them.
(sorry if I'm bringing up old news, I don't come by often so I'm catching up!)
GGANON
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GGANON »

The distance from the bottom of the stairs to the front is ridiculous!! I guess at least Bryan and Missy will get some type of work out in lol.

zacmum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by zacmum »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
zacmum wrote:Thinking about the house.. I am a bit confused. 4 bedrooms only? For over a million dollar house, I'd expect at least 5! I mean, my house isn't as big as theirs but it is a 4 bedroom house and has a separate lounge/kitchen/dining etc and we are renting but outright to buy is $280,000. That is such an awful amount of money for that house. I was looking at other houses in that price and there were so many more nicer ones with better options!

They don't really look into their future either do they? Ok if you are renting but you purchased a house over a million dollars! 4 bedrooms? One for M&B, one for Ollie, one for Finn. Leaves 1 room left. They need a guest room because everyone comes over all the time. That is it. What about future children? They have said they want 4 children. Shared bedrooms? I cant see them doing that. They will want them having their own. I noticed at one point B said something about it being a dream house, and she didn't seem so sure like, I hope so. But it wasn't a definite. I give it a couple years and they will be out of it again looking for a new one.
I think they actually got a pretty good deal. I live about 50miles north east of them towards the ocean and the homes in our neighborhood are going for 900,000 to 1.3 million. The homes are from 2500sq feet to 3500 square feet on a half an acre. Homes in Murrietta are just starting to go up in value so if they stay there for 5 years they should be able to get their money out of the house. If they have that much cash sitting around in a bank that would be silly, real estate is always a better option for investing. I think my problem is that I have lived through the real estate bubble where everyone in the mortgage business was making millions per year. That lasted about 8 years and the bubble bursted and all those people making over a million a year were losing their jobs and their homes. It has made me really cautious about what we do with our money and what we spend and what we save. We got caught up in that spending mode where the sky was the limit and we bought new cars, we ate out all the time, spent hundreds of dollars and never blinked. They were fun times but they never last. That is what I am afraid for these two silly 20 something year olds. You tube is good to them right now, but what if??? What if it all goes away and you don't have any marketable skills to fall back on to earn a living with. They seems to be supporting a lot of people on their income. I sure hope for their sake that they are also saving for the what if's....
I guess that goes to show the different in the housing market! Our house like I said to buy is $280,000. The average for your average income earners is $300,000-$400,000 here in Australia(in the state I live in). Anything over that is considered on the higher end. People obviously have higher priced houses but the average is 300-400k. So to me, over a mil is so huge compared to what we could get here for that. I just think, ok if that is a normal price for that area, I had a look. There were so many more homes with 5-6 bedrooms for less than 1.2. Obviously they liked this house. But just from my quick look, in the similar area there were so many better options for the long haul than what they went with.

You're on the money there.. they may be doing well but where will they be in a few years? Even 10 years? You tube cant support them forever! They should be smart about their money. And his music career? Well.. I cant see him being the next Justin Bieber so I can't see that helping him once You Tube ends.
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

So, I could be wrong, maybe I just need to step away from the Internet... But.... I just realized I have a crap ton of mutual friends with someone I'm 99% sure is Princesses ex boyfriend from id....

zacmum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by zacmum »

I'm going against the grain here... I HATE top loaders!! I've owned about 5 washers and 4 of them top loaders. Some more $ than the others. All crappy. The front loader we had did an amazing job. When it comes time to getting a new washer, I will be going back with front loader. There are many water saving ones too. On saying that, Those washer/dryers are massive and do not fit/look good in that tiny laundry. She should have got one slightly smaller and washed twice a month, instead of once. :| There is 4 of us in our family and our washer is half that size, and we wash a couple times a week. And each to their own, but that's a massive dryer! Doesn't she have a clothes line? If she uses the drier for all her clothes, their bill would be massive!
sparklyfluff
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sparklyfluff »

Long time UK lurker here finally decided to start posting. Discovered DB after my 9 & 11 year old found them on YT (backs up what everyone says about their fan base really but even my 11 year old gasps at the way they parent sometimes!). Carried on watching them as I had a baby due 3 weeks after Finn but she ended up being early and born before him.
lmmomSD wrote:I just now noticed something. Ollie yells everything. If they ask him a question, even if his response is gibberish, it's yelling. It was really obvious in the last SlyFox vlog. Every question Andrew asks Ollie gets a yelling response. At the end, they're all out to dinner. Ollie and Caspian are sitting under the table with a tablet and Andrew asks what they're doing, and Ollie yells back at him. Gee, I wonder where he gets that from?
Interesting point though, maybe he has a hearing problem and that's why he yells and his speech is like it is? I know it's been said a million times before but that really needs looking at, especially if that's the reason why.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

zacmum wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

I guess that goes to show the different in the housing market! Our house like I said to buy is $280,000. The average for your average income earners is $300,000-$400,000 here in Australia(in the state I live in). Anything over that is considered on the higher end. People obviously have higher priced houses but the average is 300-400k. So to me, over a mil is so huge compared to what we could get here for that. I just think, ok if that is a normal price for that area, I had a look. There were so many more homes with 5-6 bedrooms for less than 1.2. Obviously they liked this house. But just from my quick look, in the similar area there were so many better options for the long haul than what they went with.

You're on the money there.. they may be doing well but where will they be in a few years? Even 10 years? You tube cant support them forever! They should be smart about their money. And his music career? Well.. I cant see him being the next Justin Bieber so I can't see that helping him once You Tube ends.
Yes, it is expensive here in California. Murrietta isn't all that old of a city. At the time it was new it was out in the boonies, land was cheap and because land was so cheap people built huge houses out there. It is not like the OC, San Diego or Los Angeles, it is pretty much desert and it gets very hot out there. The house that the lumps bought was about $700,000 When it was first built which is the average price for a 4 bedroom home in the OC. So a lot of people were moving out there so they could get a huge house for the price they would pay for a house in OC, San Diego or Los Angeles. When the housing market plummeted there were a lot of people in foreclosure out there and they lost there homes. But there are a ton of beautiful homes out there for sure. The only reason I can think of for them to buy that house is I am sure Bryan wanted the garage for a studio and it is secluded and private out there.

If they are making enough money to support that house right now it would be a good idea for them to finish their education and get a degree to fall back on. Obviously you don't need a degree to be successful but if something happened and they needed to find employment they would at least be better qualified.

Ok now that I solved all the lumps problems I think I will go to bed!! Hehehehehe.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sparklyfluff wrote:Long time UK lurker here finally decided to start posting. Discovered DB after my 9 & 11 year old found them on YT (backs up what everyone says about their fan base really but even my 11 year old gasps at the way they parent sometimes!). Carried on watching them as I had a baby due 3 weeks after Finn but she ended up being early and born before him.
lmmomSD wrote:I just now noticed something. Ollie yells everything. If they ask him a question, even if his response is gibberish, it's yelling. It was really obvious in the last SlyFox vlog. Every question Andrew asks Ollie gets a yelling response. At the end, they're all out to dinner. Ollie and Caspian are sitting under the table with a tablet and Andrew asks what they're doing, and Ollie yells back at him. Gee, I wonder where he gets that from?
Interesting point though, maybe he has a hearing problem and that's why he yells and his speech is like it is? I know it's been said a million times before but that really needs looking at, especially if that's the reason why.
When he was swimming all the time, and we first noticed the speech delay, I thought maybe he had water in his ears. But the yelling now, could either be hearing loss or just copying Bryan. Don't know. Wish so badly that they would get him evaluated! Early intervention is so important!! And that time is passing.
He looked so soggy running around with his diaper under his pants in the SlyFox vlog. Are they ever going to potty train that poor kid?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Missy1393 wrote:So, I could be wrong, maybe I just need to step away from the Internet... But.... I just realized I have a crap ton of mutual friends with someone I'm 99% sure is Princesses ex boyfriend from id....

Oh?

Return to “Daily Bumps”