DailyIrresponsibleParenting (Part 72)

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyIrresponsibleParenting (Part 72)

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I have only watched intermittent vlogs, and have not read here in a couple months.. However, after reading about how little gossip content The Bumps are providing you, I had to laugh. If Bryan Lanning is anything, he is the gift that keeps giving..
The our wedding comment.. In every joke there is a little truth, Bryan... Jeff was literally like WTF?! Bryan even panned the room and captured the total awkwardness, and one very pissed off Missy, until she realized she was in frame.
Bryan is totally under the influence of something in nearly EVERY vlog. Look at the dude's eyes! His words are even slurry at times. This wouldn't be such a big deal, if not for the whole we are a perfect Disney family image that they want to project. I have become convinced that Jeff is the constant chauffeur because Bryan has slowly become a highly functioning alcoholic. #KingShay
Hey Bry Bry, sorry to inform you, but like time, the liver tells all.. as soon as your less than bright red, yellow fat glob slathered liver pops into view of the camera during your lap chole, everyone in that room will know how frequently you indulge in substances. #LiversTellAll.
The white shirt... Bryan is totally trying to copy Casey. He wears a black shirt just like it all the time. As long as he trades in the toddler joggings, let him keep the shirt.
How ironic that Ollie is only excited by something that doesn't come with instant gratification, and only yields a simple plastic toy.. Pay attention Lumps! This kid thrives on adventure and imagination. Turn off the damn TV and engage his interests.
nmkstj
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nmkstj »

In todays vlog Bryan said his doctor said he had to eat healthier so he's been exclusively ordering pre-made meals from a local company that makes portioned meals. Oh my fucking god. The laziness is astounding.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Oh God Missy's new video with Natalia..first off Natalia has become extremely fake, poor girl but hey more subs! And Natalia is so cocked eyed in this video lol she stares blankly into the camera over and over ! I couldn't help but stare at her huge nostrils too! They're dark! I used to love her but damn her fakeness shines right through!! Missy seemed more likeable. But let's be real she doesn't discipline lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Oh and Missy's says she wants to "in-COURAGE " more lmao

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

Missy's discipline strategy was more about having cute wall decor than encouraging good behavior.

WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

Maybe the Johnson's & Lanning's are swingers now, only the boys & girls get together with each other, rather than hetero escapades? Maybe that's what happened between them & SlyFox: Andrew wasn't down with mingling with the boys!
*Sorry to put the picture(s) in your head! LOL

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
jls07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jls07 »

There discipline video drive me crazy. I feel like there are SOOO many rules that it'd be hard for their littles to understand. It would make more sense to start with a few rules that their child specifically struggles with and grow from there.
I've worked in childcare for MANY years and I hate the card system and I think missy will have a hard time implementing it because she isn't consistent and they're never home so they'll lose the visual aspect of the cards.

Why are these kids only getting negative reinforcement with the cards?! They have 4
Opportunities to move down on the cards but only one opportunity to advance and get a "good" card and that's only if they are good ALL day. It's so unrealistic.

It's also very telling that Tal's idea is taking time away from electronics and Missy automatically goes to taking away food

And those jars are so big! It'll take so many cotton balls to fill up the jar! Start with a goal of 5 cotton balls and grow from there!!

This system is so unrealistic based on how they're going to introduce it. Rant over.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

The Johnsons are there so often they should just change their channel name to the Daily Johnson Bumps
#FreeFinleyandJackson
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Amelia322 wrote:Oh God Missy's new video with Natalia..first off Natalia has become extremely fake, poor girl but hey more subs! And Natalia is so cocked eyed in this video lol she stares blankly into the camera over and over ! I couldn't help but stare at her huge nostrils too! They're dark! I used to love her but damn her fakeness shines right through!! Missy seemed more likeable. But let's be real she doesn't discipline lmao

Maybe she's trying to tell us that she's been kidnapped and is being forced to work for the Bumps. ;)
raynezrh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by raynezrh »

Has anyone seen the movie Popstar with Andy Samburg? Not an appropriate movie for kids, but I watched it last night and I totally thought of Bryan and how he thinks he's hot shit because 10 year olds buy his music and he thinks he's a superstar but in reality he sucks and his music sucks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
trudavies
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by trudavies »

Missy didn't even take the time to make sure she spelled privilege correctly for her video. According to her it has a 'd' in it.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I just watched the discipline video. My head hurts. Yikes. There are waaaaay too many steps. There are rules, colored cards, jars, poof balls. These are young kids. Keep it simple!
OKmom10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OKmom10 »

I agree that the discipline method is overwhelming. My kids are well behaved and I keep it simple. The number one trick to well behaved children is to be present with them and acknowledge positive behaviors. If Missy and Bryan would stop spending every second on social media it would help Oliver tremendously. All they need to do is have positive reinforcement and have simple yet effective negative consequences for bad behavior. Excluding special needs children, it's seriously that easy. That doesn't mean there won't be bad days, but being a present parent works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Catching up on a couple pages and OMG these people

Bryan's shirt is idiotic. I've known people who have holes in their shirts because they CAN'T AFFORD NEW SHIRTS. Yeah, $35 isn't as outrageous of a price as it could be, but that's still ridiculous.

I can't believe he's getting pre-made meals. I mean, I CAN believe it, because it's these two, but still. It's not difficult to cook fucking healthy on your own. Cut down on your added sugar intake (and yes you CAN still have it sometimes and you can even have unhealthy stuff sometimes but not to the extent he does now), eat more at home than out, cook some lean meats, eat some damn vegetables. Why spend so much on a blandly decorated kitchen just to never cook in it?

The discipline is crazy. I haven't watched the video, but from what people are saying, it's awful. You have a three year old and a baby, not a couple of eight year olds. Discipline should be taking away whatever they're doing bad things with, giving them time outs, etc. You can even give them snacks or a little toy (like from Dollar Tree or the Target dollar spot) when they behave in a store or help with a chore, or do something else good.

Not that those kiddos will ever have to lift a finger for any sort of chore. Also, Ollie gets something every single day, so a day where he gets some sort of reward would be just another day of the week.
OKmom10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OKmom10 »

I agree that the discipline method is overwhelming. My kids are well behaved and I keep it simple. The number one trick to well behaved children is to be present with them and acknowledge positive behaviors. If Missy and Bryan would stop spending every second on social media it would help Oliver tremendously. All they need to do is have positive reinforcement and have simple yet effective negative consequences for bad behavior. Excluding special needs children, it's seriously that easy. That doesn't mean there won't be bad days, but being a present parent works wonders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

These two waste money on so many stupid things that spending money on nutritious, balanced meals is probably the smartest decision he's made in awhile. Seriously, they have a $2k LG Styler so they can steam the wrinkles out of, I don't know, their tshirts?
Maybe this will remind him that healthy foods can be delicious and maybe it will give him some meal ideas. At least he's making an effort.
julim94
Talker
Talker

Unread post by julim94 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016092 ... 75df1e.png[/img]
Someone is depressed to win.. Image
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

julim94 wrote: Someone is depressed to win.. Image
That would be bryans doing.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
lurkernomore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lurkernomore »

jls07 wrote:There discipline video drive me crazy. I feel like there are SOOO many rules that it'd be hard for their littles to understand. It would make more sense to start with a few rules that their child specifically struggles with and grow from there.
I've worked in childcare for MANY years and I hate the card system and I think missy will have a hard time implementing it because she isn't consistent and they're never home so they'll lose the visual aspect of the cards.
You speak the truth. I don't even have that many rules for my high school students because even at 14 (or 33 like me!), you can't really remember more than 5 or so.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

When Missy said that the rule board was to help visualize...wait what? Ollie can't even read yet!!!

Return to “Daily Bumps”