• Advertisement
    

Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Sweet456 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:17 am

Anyone have any suggestions on who to watch? I need someone new


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Sweet456
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:35 pm
Has thanked: 3630 times
Been thanked: 3278 times

Advertisement

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby MamaJoAnna » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:43 pm

So I need some advice...nothing serious, don't worry.

I am wanting to make my husband a calendar for his office at work with pictures throughout the year of our son. I have an idea to make the pictures themed, but need to know how I could do certain months and with what supplies. For example:

January - winter wonderland (maybe some white fluff for "snow"?)
February - the obligatory lipstick kisses all over him
March - green because St. Patrick's Day
April - maybe a little kid umbrella? (obviously outside lol)
May - flowers
June - something for his birthday (this was the month he was born)
July - red/white/blue
August - summer picture
September - fall picture (leaves?)
October - pumpkin picture
November - turkey picture
December - Christmas picture

I only have a Walmart around me unless I end up ordering a crap ton from like Hobby Lobby or Target and having it shipped here...any advice on keeping the kid still for pictures? Ideas for the pictures themselves?
Call me Jo, please.
Image
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 2832 times
Been thanked: 5695 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Kryptonite » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:28 pm

It sounds like you have it planned already...
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 5600 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Pingupingu2 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:23 am

MamaJoAnna wrote:So I need some advice...nothing serious, don't worry.

I am wanting to make my husband a calendar for his office at work with pictures throughout the year of our son. I have an idea to make the pictures themed, but need to know how I could do certain months and with what supplies. For example:

January - winter wonderland (maybe some white fluff for "snow"?)
February - the obligatory lipstick kisses all over him
March - green because St. Patrick's Day
April - maybe a little kid umbrella? (obviously outside lol)
May - flowers
June - something for his birthday (this was the month he was born)
July - red/white/blue
August - summer picture
September - fall picture (leaves?)
October - pumpkin picture
November - turkey picture
December - Christmas picture

I only have a Walmart around me unless I end up ordering a crap ton from like Hobby Lobby or Target and having it shipped here...any advice on keeping the kid still for pictures? Ideas for the pictures themselves?


I like the idea you have :) How about your son playing with the snow for January? (making a snowman, or a snow angel?)
And I think for September it would be beautiful to have a pic or your son playing with leaves, maybe in a leaf-mountain (idk if they're called like that lol), if its not to much work to put the leaves together :)
Hope it helps!
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
Pingupingu2
Informer
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 874 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Korik » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:45 am

Does anyone have any suggestion about staying motivated?
I have two weeks until my Masters thesis deadline and I'm really struggling with the work.
I schedule myself breaks, and get enough food, water and exercise, but I'm really fed up with the whole process.

Any tips?
Korik
Amateur
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:44 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby chipmunks » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:23 am

Korik wrote:Does anyone have any suggestion about staying motivated?
I have two weeks until my Masters thesis deadline and I'm really struggling with the work.
I schedule myself breaks, and get enough food, water and exercise, but I'm really fed up with the whole process.

Any tips?


don't just schedule breaks but schedule mini-goals with rewards. X pages done by Sunday and you get your favorite treat, X done by Tuesday and you watch a movie, etc.
chipmunks
Informer
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 pm
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 1303 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby MamaJoAnna » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:50 am

Kryptonite wrote:It sounds like you have it planned already...


Well I had most of it planned, just trying to nail down ideas for how exactly to do each month, that's all.
Call me Jo, please.
Image
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 am
Location: Virginia
Has thanked: 2832 times
Been thanked: 5695 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Korik » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:16 am

thank you for the suggestion!
chipmunks wrote:don't just schedule breaks but schedule mini-goals with rewards. X pages done by Sunday and you get your favorite treat, X done by Tuesday and you watch a movie, etc.
Korik
Amateur
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:44 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Korik » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:45 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, is there a topic where all the currently pregnant YouTube moms are collected with their duedate, and the baby's gender and the baby's name if it has been revealed? I reckon it would be nice to see all of the info at once.
Korik
Amateur
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:44 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby EleanorRigby » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:56 am

May the force be with all my fellow Americans today.
Image
User avatar
EleanorRigby
Sassy Moddie
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 1820 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby OhHiImSam » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Any guinea pig "experts" around?

This is something I'll have to discuss with my boyfriend since the guinea pigs live with him but I'd like some other input.

We just had to put down one of our little babies because of an Upper Respiratory Infection that Boyfriend didn't recognize until yesterday (he'd noticed the little guy was not eating, quiet and standing alone in the corner but he thought it was because the other bit him or something.) But he was too far gone at the checkup today so Boyfriend decided to put him to sleep to end his suffering.

My question involves the other. Both are roughly two years old and have lived together since they were babies. I'm concerned she's going to get sick from being alone and also pass away.

Do you think, given her age and the fact she'd been with the other since they were born, we should consider buying her a new companion?
Image

Follow my blog as I try to write my first novel! -> https://ohhiimsam.wordpress.com
User avatar
OhHiImSam
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 7381 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 pm

OhHiImSam wrote:Any guinea pig "experts" around?

This is something I'll have to discuss with my boyfriend since the guinea pigs live with him but I'd like some other input.

We just had to put down one of our little babies because of an Upper Respiratory Infection that Boyfriend didn't recognize until yesterday (he'd noticed the little guy was not eating, quiet and standing alone in the corner but he thought it was because the other bit him or something.) But he was too far gone at the checkup today so Boyfriend decided to put him to sleep to end his suffering.

My question involves the other. Both are roughly two years old and have lived together since they were babies. I'm concerned she's going to get sick from being alone and also pass away.

Do you think, given her age and the fact she'd been with the other since they were born, we should consider buying her a new companion?


I know nothing myself but I asked my brother for you. He's both owned Guineas and runs a pet store. He says that they are herd animals and don't need companions to survive exactly, but they don't exactly thrive when lonely. He said it might be ok if you give her a lot of attention, but he suggests getting her a companion if she seems sullen and like she's hiding/acting unusual. This might be hard to distinguish given she just lost her brother, and might be sullen (or possibly sick) anyway. Make sure she's in good health before you do introduce a companion, though. In the meantime, just give her lots of attention and keep a close eye on her.

Sorry about the loss of your little baby
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 8687
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 7859 times
Been thanked: 35733 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Yue195 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:41 am

What's up guys?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
User avatar
Yue195
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3886 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Idunnowhyimhere » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:10 am

OhHiImSam wrote:Any guinea pig "experts" around?

This is something I'll have to discuss with my boyfriend since the guinea pigs live with him but I'd like some other input.

We just had to put down one of our little babies because of an Upper Respiratory Infection that Boyfriend didn't recognize until yesterday (he'd noticed the little guy was not eating, quiet and standing alone in the corner but he thought it was because the other bit him or something.) But he was too far gone at the checkup today so Boyfriend decided to put him to sleep to end his suffering.

My question involves the other. Both are roughly two years old and have lived together since they were babies. I'm concerned she's going to get sick from being alone and also pass away.

Do you think, given her age and the fact she'd been with the other since they were born, we should consider buying her a new companion?


I just found this and figured I'd add. We are relatively new to pig life (a year) but we've learned a ton. Are you using shavings? The wrong shavings (many shavings) can cause respiratory problems... if you only have one piggy now, 100% get another. But be sure you do proper introduction period so no one gets hurt.
Sorry for your loss


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:02 pm
Has thanked: 839 times
Been thanked: 691 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby gypsophila » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 am

Yue195 wrote:What's up guys?


Aw girl, you made it out of here, why are you back!? I kid, sort of. Nice to see your name again. ;)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 am
Has thanked: 998 times
Been thanked: 2440 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Yue195 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:20 pm

gypsophila wrote:
Yue195 wrote:What's up guys?


Aw girl, you made it out of here, why are you back!? I kid, sort of. Nice to see your name again. ;)


Lol I never saw myself coming back. After all the new babies came and I got home from holidays a few days ago I looked her for the first time. Don't know if I'll be consistent.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
User avatar
Yue195
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3886 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby OhReallyNow » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:03 am

:eeek:
User avatar
OhReallyNow
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Vincere » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 pm

MamaJoAnna wrote:So I need some advice...nothing serious, don't worry.

I am wanting to make my husband a calendar for his office at work with pictures throughout the year of our son. I have an idea to make the pictures themed, but need to know how I could do certain months and with what supplies. For example:

January - winter wonderland (maybe some white fluff for "snow"?)
February - the obligatory lipstick kisses all over him
March - green because St. Patrick's Day
April - maybe a little kid umbrella? (obviously outside lol)
May - flowers
June - something for his birthday (this was the month he was born)
July - red/white/blue
August - summer picture
September - fall picture (leaves?)
October - pumpkin picture
November - turkey picture
December - Christmas picture

I only have a Walmart around me unless I end up ordering a crap ton from like Hobby Lobby or Target and having it shipped here...any advice on keeping the kid still for pictures? Ideas for the pictures themselves?


Maybe a bit late but some of the months are so BOOORING

February
Get your son to a strip club and have a photo with all the ladies falling in love over him, you know, because he is a player and breaks women's harts.
Get some hunks as well in the picture, you never know, you can find tons on Grindr and are sweet and will be happy to help

March
Keep it simple: A toilet and your son puking from all the fun he has

July
Picture this: A golden eagle with your son in his claws and your son has guns in his hand. The more guns the more american you are! You don't want people to say your are not a patriot, do you?! And in background a fighter jet that spells FREEDOM

Happy to help.
User avatar
Vincere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 984 times
Been thanked: 6090 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby OhHiImSam » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:30 am

Hey, I'm sure this isn't allowed, but I'm being petty and our current "marketing head" is getting on my last Goshdanged nerve.

Follow on Instagram if you're into literature and the history of famous literary figures and cool typewriter previews of our future short stories.


I'm trying to get us up in Follows as fast as possible to get someone to eat their fucking words.
Image

Follow my blog as I try to write my first novel! -> https://ohhiimsam.wordpress.com
User avatar
OhHiImSam
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 1147 times
Been thanked: 7381 times

Re: Off Topic Banter: Part 10

Postby Vincere » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 pm

OhHiImSam wrote:Hey, I'm sure this isn't allowed, but I'm being petty and our current "marketing head" is getting on my last Goshdanged nerve.

Follow on Instagram if you're into literature and the history of famous literary figures and cool typewriter previews of our future short stories.


I'm trying to get us up in Follows as fast as possible to get someone to eat their fucking words.


You can buy followers on Fiverr.
User avatar
Vincere
Gossiper
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:26 pm
Has thanked: 984 times
Been thanked: 6090 times

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement