Would you ever make YT videos? Why/why not?

Raya1
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Would you ever make YT videos? Why/why not?

Unread post by Raya1 »

Yes! We make videos to put on youtube for work. When it comes to personal videos I use youtube to store video but I make those videos private. I could never pimp out my family for income. I have thought about vlogging but I can't film my life/job and post it on the internet publicly because the people around me enjoy their privacy. If I could I don't know that I would.

I find when you start working for a business and marketing yourself to the world your world becomes less honest. You start faking it. Then you start to look at yourself and family different. This is why alot of stage moms get a bad reputation. They want so badly to be seen as something that they are not. They loose themselves and end up looking like horrible people in the process. It wastes alot of time. For me I think I would do educational videos but never daily vlogging. I feel there is a huge moral decision when deciding to vlog your children every day. I would rather just go to work and enjoy life without a camera in between.
longhairdontcare1006
Informer
Informer

Unread post by longhairdontcare1006 »

I used to have a beauty channel, it was like a one year stint, lol. Had a decent amount of subs and was partnered, didn't love it enough to keep doing it.

I then started a ttc channel, but don't ever really update it! Lol
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I have a YouTube channel. But it's more for me then for public so my videos are all private anyway When I was going through my doldrums I was told I should write about my feelings and thoughts so I could look back and see how much things can change. It was easier to make a video then write it out but when I look back, yes things have gotten better but I also realised I was all over the place and forget a lot so writing probably was a better idea.

I think if I did YT now, maybe makeup and skin care since that is my profession but I don't think I'll be able to do the YT beauty guru community. But I also like reading manga and write my thoughts and reviews or tell my friends about my thoughts. It's a weird hobby of mine.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
ChaosandOrder

Unread post by ChaosandOrder »

We started daily vlogging about a month ago. I have been posting videos on youtube since about 2009 for family that lives far away who do not get to see the family all that often. Recently, though, my external hard drive crashed and I lost so many videos from the years, like birth videos and daily kid stuff videos. I was so sad and spent days watching the old videos on youtube wishing I had posted more. I was so scared to post my homebirth or any birthing videos for that matter, but now if I had, then I would have them again. Hopefully youtube servers don't crash now. HaHa.

The one thing that I was not prepared for when I started posting daily was my friends and family who thanked me for doing so. I received a text from my mom, who does not text, that she loved watching the vlogs. What? She cared about my life? I thought I was the little black sheep of the family and was going to be thoroughly disowned when I started daily vlogging. Nope. They may be bad mouthing me behind my back, but those that care get to see the kids so that is what counts. Especially when their great grandma only gets to see them in person once a year. I am sad now that I didn't do this sooner before their great grandpa died. He would have loved to have seen them more. If I make a pretty penny along the way that would be greatly appreciated, but it is not our motivation.
FJ_Lanning
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FJ_Lanning »

I want to really badly. Like I think it would be lots of fun. And hopefully it wouldn't go all to my head like other YouTubers. My BF watches gamer channels and I'd love to make one with him. And I'd like to make a fitness channel, or a daily clog channel. And when I do have kids, mommy channel. My BF keeps me grounded though and says I'm not putting his kids on YouTube. Haha. It seems like it would be fun, but a lot of work that I'm not up for :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”