Things I can't say. Shut up floss.
thegooseiscooked

Re: Preschool

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Same.
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Yep, the fees for my high school were $32,000 for grade 12 alone. But like Goose said, public schools (unless they're selective) are crap. I wouldn't send my child to one if I had any alternative.

The cost of living in Australia is astronomical.

As for the Asian invasion (I'm not racist, but no one can deny that there is a serious imbalance in immigration), I'm from the North Shore of Sydney and there is a suburb there called Chatswood that has been colloquially renamed "Chatswong". Yep. I have no real problem with them because all of the Asians I have met have been extremely polite and nice, and I can't deny that the Chinese, in particular, work ten times harder than the rest of us so they deserve their successes, but it is intimidating being the only "white" person in a crowd.

Now I sound like a racist bitch. Oh well.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

How did it go Autumn?
jlynn23
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jlynn23 »

In new Zealand we do it 3 and 4 we call it kindy, my kids are at kindy. older one starts school nxt year
Cranberry
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Cranberry »

LizLee30 wrote:Yep, the fees for my high school were $32,000 for grade 12 alone. But like Goose said, public schools (unless they're selective) are crap. I wouldn't send my child to one if I had any alternative.
Haha sorry if I sound like I'm trying to one-up you and Goose, but I went to private school as well and it costs about 35,000 dollars every year since kindergarten. No way I'm paying nearly 40 grand for my kid to go to kindergarten. A friend of mine's tuition was over 40,000. The quality of public schools really varies depending on region—the public schools where I grew up were notoriously awful, but as someone said, there are some public schools which are quite nice. You just have to find the right one. My children will be attending public school to start with, and if they are unhappy or I feel like they need the environment of a private, they can always switch. The downside of this strategy is how difficult it is to get a spot in private school since they have a set class number—I imagine a lot of parents hope that getting their kid in a good school early will guarantee them the spot through graduation.

Because I want to start with public, it's really important for me that my kids go to a good preschool. Hopefully, they will develop the motivation and love of learning they need to succeed at any school.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”