DOGS dogs Dogs dooooogggggs

rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DOGS dogs Dogs dooooogggggs

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

So, as much as I love and adore cats, I just have a huge soft spot for dogs. I have been watching hours of dog rehabilitation videos/episodes of dog whisperer today since I am bedridden from an awful sunburn, so I thought I would create this topic so we can brag about our canine bffs

My dog
Is seriously the best dog in the world. Her name is Daisy, and she is a red Basset Hound. When I was a kid I was absolutely obsessed with Basset Hounds. Like, I'm talking begging for Basset Hound calender's and mugs and t-shirts and stuffed animals. I even had a Basset Hound rug once. Yeah. Like I said, obsessed.
But we already had a dog (a Jack Russell Terrier), so I never really begged for another because I knew the answer would be no.

One day my parents said we needed to have a yard sale to raise money to...you guessed it, get a BASSET HOUND. I was eight and so excited. I ran to my computer and emailed my sister (who lived 20+ minutes away) the news. To this day she still has that email archived.
Fast forward like 6 weeks, and my Dad brought home the smallest and most beautiful puppy I have ever seen.

Her ears were so long and droopy that she would constantly trip over them.
She is now 11 (she will be 12 on August 27th!) and blind and arthritic but still the most dramatic and loving dog in the world. I can always tell what is wrong with her or what she wants just by the look on her face. She may be blind but she knows exactly how to get what she wants (i.e., she sleeps in my bed almost every other night because she whines outside my door until I let her in...brat).
And, duh, here are some pictures to prove she is literally the cutest.

HelloHolaHallo

Re: DOGS dogs Dogs dooooogggggs

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

Awe so sweet!!! What a cutie her eyes are so cute!!

I always feel like I'm the only person in the world who is obsessed with their dog. This may sound horrible but my husband and I love our dog just as much as we love our son. I don't see her as a dog I see her as a member of my family. She's brought so much joy into our lives I couldn't imagine not having her. My husband and I adopted her from an animal shelter. We spent months visiting shelters but no dog felt right. When we met her she was coming straight from a walk with some volunteers. She just felt right from the start. She was really shy at first and she was so skinny :-( we had her for 2 weeks before we actually adopted her making sure she was a good fit. She's originally from Spain and was found abandoned in the streets almost dead. Volunteers brought her and a lot of other dogs to Germany.

She's awesome because she never barks, ever. She doesn't chew on anything. She doesn't even like chew toys which was kinda disappointing because I bought her a squeaky rubber chicken but she never played with it. She loves to cuddle. She is adorable. She is a small/medium sized dog so we can take her to hotels with us no problem. I book my holidays around her she has to come with us if possible. We are driving to Croatia just so that she can come with us.

We tried to get her to sleep on her dog bed but I could resist her adorable eyes so she's obviously Queen of my bed. She's laying next to me snoring as I type.

I love my dog :-D haha sorry for the rant. I just think she's cool.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I don't have a dog anymore but I wanna get a German Shepard or doby pup when I move
#FreeBen
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... 574d48.jpg[/img]

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... d654bd.jpg[/img]

My pups, Laila is the english mastiff. She's big, lazy, snuggly, and always hungry. We got Laila when she was 14 lbs. She now weighs 120 lbs plus. I'll add a pic of her to show you how big she is.

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... de6286.jpg[/img]

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... d841c5.jpg[/img]

It's hard to tell just how big she is in pictures but if you compare her leg to the size of my forearm and her head compared to my head you'll see.

Orion is my husky, he's sassy, hyper, a bit of a grump, and he's also a total mama's boy. I kid you not I will pull him over to my side of the couch and hold him like you would a baby and he just closes his eyes and eats it up. He's cute and he knows it.

Also, puppy pictures bc y'all haven't lived until you've seen my dogs as pups

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... 4a28ec.jpg[/img]

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/21 ... 67b195.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

My fuzzy angel baby, his name is Charlie, after Charlie Chaplin since he always does something comical. He's a Pomeranian mix, looks like a mini German Shepard. He's 11 years old and been best friend since he was a puppy, been sleeping in my room since he was toilet trained. Best dog we could ever ask. Don't have any photos from his puppy years and has the George Cloony look going for him at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/26 ... 0a5a48.jpg[/img]
I love this thread.
This is my baby Candy! She turned 5 a month ago, so I guess she isn't a baby anymore. I have 5 cats, and she's a herding dog, so she'll chase them for hours lol. She's a Shetland Sheepdog, I got obsessed with the breed and we got her my last day of summer before I went into middle school. Obviously it was the best day. She has a skin condition so it's very dry and flaky and it seems to be spreading. She's had medicine a ton of times and it seems to be it just won't go away Image. I'm so happy to have gotten Candy when I did because 6th grade was one of the worst years of my life, cause kids suck (lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

My people!!!

My dog is my baby. His name is Harvey. He's a jack russell/pug mix. He's 8 years old. He is the sappiest thing I've ever seen. He sleeps with me every single night, usually on my bean bag chair but sometimes he likes to hog the entire bed. He loves his walks and chasing his cats. He's literally the most dramatic dog ever. He hates babies and other animals taking attention away from him. When my older niece was a baby he developed a strange illness whenever she was around. Then when she'd leave he'd make a miraculous recover. We fostered 2 dogs for a week once. He limped the whole week.

He's been hit by a car not once but twice. The second time he almost didn't make it. He used to have curly tail but since then it's limp and he can't move it lol! I don't know what I'd do without him tbh.

We just adopted a new dog a day ago. He's an elderly family members dog who can no longer care for him. He's also 8, and he's a bichon frise. His name is Chipper. Apparently he's also going to sleep in my room. He hogged half the bed last night. I don't know him yet so I can't say much else. Poor guy misses his rightful humans.

Happy national dog day!
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

I'm sure you can figure out who is who lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

Awww, puppies!!!

I have a dog too. His name is Seamus (my mom named him that) and he's a miniature schnauzer. My family adopted him when he was five weeks old and he came home three weeks later. He was adopted from my friend's family. He's a very hyper and loud dog, but he can also be very mellow when he's tired. He's not much of a cuddler though. Whenever I go to hug him or just need someone to snuggle with me after a rough day, he growls. He used to bite a lot too, and would get angry whenever we would tell him not to bite. I actually still have a scar on my hand from when he bit me when he was a puppy. Regardless of all that, I still love my dog to death and I know he loves me too. If he didn't love me, then he wouldn't get excited when I leave my bedroom to go to the bathroom or sleep on the couch with me when I want to take a nap. I haven't seen my dog in two weeks though because I moved back to university, so I miss my baby.

(posted this one on my Instagram earlier today for National Dog Day)

(back when he was a furball. And, yes, I'm the one kissing him. Sorry if it's sideways. I originally took it on my phone and had it transferred onto my PC)
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”