What do YOU think of the C word?

What do you think of the word 'c**t'?

I use the word often.
10%
I use the word sometimes.
21%
I don't use the word at all, but it doesn't bother me if others do.
27%
I don't use the word at all, and don't like it when others do.
42%

Total votes: 103
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

After watching the latest episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, one housewife dropped the C bomb, and another housewife kept telling her "don't use that word, don't use that word, you're too pretty to use that word".

I know some people seem greatly offended by its use, a some of people don't give the word any weight and don't mind if it is used in front of them, and some people use the word as a part of everyday conversation.

So, Real Members of YTMD - which boat are you in, and why? When is it OK to use the word, if at all?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: What do YOU think of the C word?

Unread post by blackbetty »

I love the c word and I think it's appropriate anytime you wanna use it.

I don't say it at work, my kids' schools, or in front of kids but any other time is free game
#FreeBen
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have to agree with your response. I think there's a time and a place for certain words or jokes, and you have to know your audience.

I'd be interested in hearing other peoples thoughts, especially those who choose the last option on the poll.
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

I don't think I've even said it in a few years just bc a situation hasn't come up I guess.
But if someone said it around me I wouldn't care. If someone called me one I guess I'd put it as a little bit worse than bitch but I still wouldn't care much!
But yeah I saw that episode. We should make a thread for that if enough people are interested! Ashamed to say I love RHW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

It's a vulgar word but everyone uses other words as well and no one cares anymore
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

It's just another swear word to me. I wouldn't use it around children or anything. I've never understood why some women find it so offensive.
kate514
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kate514 »

i think if you're a woman who wants to use it then fine. but if you're a man using it to yell at a woman, then no. it's sexist, degrading, and it's a slur, and they often use it to try to humiliate us "and put us in our place". i think it's fine if women want to reclaim it but again, men should not use it.
cookiedoh12
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiedoh12 »

Every one says it here usually in place of the f word it's just a word if girls can say dick to a guy guys should be able to say c you next Tuesday to a girl

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Fav curse.

Never say it to anyone's face because I never call anyone an "offensive" word to their face even if arguing. Makes me look bad. Curse words are just words so it's free game for anyone.

But is I'm bitching to my friends about a stupid cunt acting like a stupid cunt then I'm going to call her a stupid cunt.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Would the people who have voted for the last option (don't use it, don't like when others do) like to elaborate? I'm curious.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I HATE the c word. Never use it and find it very offensive. I am aaaaalllll over hubby if he says it. The only curse word I do not use (I like to combine them for comedic effect). And I do like to cuss. Not sure why it's so incredibly offensive even if women say it..to be honest it's mostly the degrading meaning, but it's also just an ugly sounding word.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”