Can I just vent..add yours if you like

Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can I just vent..add yours if you like

Unread post by Momto3boys »

UGH .. My sons girlfriend lives with us . They are both over the age of 21 and they are saving up for their own place.. This girl Does NOTHING unless told.. I mean you live here.. you see a load of towels need to be done. DO THEM.. You see the dishwasher needs to be empty do it.. You are sitting in the living room and see the dog wants in , let them in.. She sure doesnt hesitate when dinner is ready to get up and eat though!
I am biting my tongue for the sake of my son right now and I cant vent on facebook since i am facebook friends with her mother and her.. This morning she cooks breakfast for my son and her, fine, I dont care but clean up your freaking mess .. Guess who ends up doing it. Either me or my boys . She was here 2 months before she did a dish and that is when I made a dish chore chart . I did not do this for my boys but for her because my boys do the dishes. She is NO longer a guest she lives here so do it.. She moved here to be with my son from OK , they met online and online dated for a year. Met a few times in person and now she is here. She got a job and she is crying because its a slave wage job. It pays well over min wage and maybe a dollar less then what she made in OK. It took her the whole 2 months to get a job because when I looked at her resume she did not hold a job longer then 6 months. I could have gotten her a good job where I worked with benefits and a 401K but she could not pass the personality test they give you .. I want to speak to my son but he loves her so much. I dont want to be that Mother in law type and in his business so I bite my tongue but my tongue is starting to bleed.. Thanks for letting me vent , if this is not ok you Mods can delete it
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Can I just vent..add yours if you like

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Yep, I second the chore list. Heck, I'm nearly 30 and make chore lists for myself honestly. Maybe that will work?? Good luck!
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

Kryptonite wrote:Of course it's okay! Mods don't worry too much about these sections.

That's ridiculous. It's not like you're being unreasonable and expecting her to be a mind reader. I think you know when towels need washed.

Since she's acting like a child, I'd treat her like one. Give her a chore list.
Exactly. I have made hints to her about housework and she just ignores them. I guess I need to put my foot down. I want to talk to my son about it but she is so far up his ass right now I cant get a minute with him
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

I'd do what you did with the dishes chart but with all chores. Even though your boys already do it, it'll at least hopefully get her butt in gear.
She sounds super lazy. My mom had a similar issue with my brother & his gf, except my brother was also lazy. I feel for y'all [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

I have grown kids too. Why can't you just talk directly to her? You're an adult, she's an adult. I sense you don't like her, and that might be the real issue. I can definitely relate to that, but have learned it's better to kill them with kindness and end up blameless. Your son will appreciate it in the long run too. Establish some boundaries and stick to them. It's your house after all. Also get a firm date on when they will be moving out. Let them know you have plans for the future, and so should they. ;)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

WOW - not good of her! Have a stern talk with them both and a date you want them out

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”