CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reborn dolls

Unread post by CypKitty »

Who here has reborn dolls?

I have 2. One is a fake I got just to see if I liked her. My daughter loves playing with her. Feeds her and everything haha

The second one I got yesterday - real one - and she is beautiful :)
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Reborn dolls

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

CypKitty wrote:Who here has reborn dolls?

I have 2. One is a fake I got just to see if I liked her. My daughter loves playing with her. Feeds her and everything haha

The second one I got yesterday - real one - and she is beautiful :)
I don't, but I'm curious as to why you have one? Since you have a child, just wondering what the appeal of a reborn is to you?
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I don't have reborn dolls but I do think their pretty cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Have not babe. Why can't we edit?! So stupid.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I really wanted one, but they're pretty expensive :/
Plus idk if I would even "take care" of one that long because I would probably get bored with it lol but I'm willing to babysit one!

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

violet-kelsey black wrote:I really wanted one, but they're pretty expensive :/
Plus idk if I would even "take care" of one that long because I would probably get bored with it lol but I'm willing to babysit one! Image

When I was I kid I used to babysit my grandma's friends doll. Her name was Bunny and she was so cute. She had these cute twin newborn ones too and she would only let me watch the girl one because they had private areas lmao.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:Have not babe. Why can't we edit?! So stupid.

I have fixed your other post and upped the allowed edit time in hopes of solving this problem. Please let me know if it continues...
thanks. It didn't give me any edit time at all, whereas before it was about 5 minutes where I could edit
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

Kryptonite wrote:Can I please ask a few questions because I'm genuinely curious?

Please understand that I'm not judging, just intrigued.

What is the purpose of these dolls? Are they for a collection? Do you appreciate the art? Are they toys? In other words, what do you yourself do with them? You are more than welcome to tell me to STFU.

I've only seen people either play with them or make them.

I want to know all of the things.
I had the same question, actually :D
I'm also curious to know :) are they for collection or?
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

I don't have them. They kind of weird me out. More so when people truly believe they're their real child. I feel bad for those who are unable to have children and buy the reborns though.

I met a lady who actually makes reborns. Think she sold them on eBAY. She did great work. I can admire them artistically, but definitely not for me.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:Can I please ask a few questions because I'm genuinely curious?

Please understand that I'm not judging, just intrigued.

What is the purpose of these dolls? Are they for a collection? Do you appreciate the art? Are they toys? In other words, what do you yourself do with them? You are more than welcome to tell me to STFU.

I've only seen people either play with them or make them.

I want to know all of the things.
I just saw all this. Like I said before the fake one is my daughter's. She looks after her and plays with her. She hasn't taken a liking to dolls till I got this one. It might be the autism, who knows.

The one for me is to collect. My daughter was my 3rd and only successful pregnancy. I am about to turn 30, I am a full time uni student, the other half who lives an hour away is not interested in kids for a long time if at all. I was pretty much complete when my daughter was born and honestly thought that was it for me and was happy with that - till this year. I am getting that cluckiness again and knowing my fertility issues and knowing that TTC is 5-10 years away, if at all, it is depressing for me. Hence the doll.

No I do not role play with her. She just sits on my couch and gets a clothing change at the same time my daughter dirties the other dolls clothes.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I have one, I don't have children (can't due to health issues), I appreciate the art.
I don't role-play with her or anything but will occasionally change her outfit and hold her, if I am having severe pain or a panic attack for some reason it relaxes me to hold her.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

thenightowl wrote:I have one, I don't have children (can't due to health issues), I appreciate the art.
I don't role-play with her or anything but will occasionally change her outfit and hold her, if I am having severe pain or a panic attack for some reason it relaxes me to hold her.
I find that too. I love the features, the detail... its so breathtaking
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

In 2014 a reborn artist (or so she said) joined a grieving moms group I was a member of on Facebook. She had a website selling them and everything. I checked her out, as it was a lot of money. She was married to a firefighter in the Orlando area. She seemed so nice and asked to see photos of my children.

I trusted her when I shouldn't have. She ripped me off of $800. I wasn't her only victim. Never received anything.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

That sucks
My friend posted on FB last night that she is going to design/make reborns again. She just went through a miscarriage after falling pregnant via IVF :(
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

There's a little girl who does have a kindergarten of "reborn" dolls on yt. She's seriously a spoiled brat. She has a travel system for them and her grandmother just forked over another $220 for another one because the first travel system she has is pink and she has a few boy reborns.

She has more bottles than a family with Septuplets. She does have 1 or 2 legit reborns. The others are overpriced crap from Paradise galleries. Those are not reborns by any stretch of the imagination. The website makes the dolls look so different than they look in real life. The quality is disgraceful. She does contests and giveaways claiming their reborns when they seriously aren't. I bought a paradise galleries doll for my niece. The baby arrived and looked nothing like the website photo. And the clothes were very cheaply made and many seams needed to be resewn.

This girl is maybe 11. She has her grandmother going with her to the expensive baby stores buying things. I don't think it's so odd when an adult does because they'll be used. The amount of it though is redicoulous.
BrokenHeart410
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BrokenHeart410 »

I have a few reborn/silicone dolls. I have loved dolls since I was young I guess because I always wanted to be a mommy and as I grew up that love is still there. I am 31 now and haven't been able to have children yet but will be doing IVF soon. I dress my dolls and do their hair and once in a while yes I do take them out but I don't pretend they are real. I do buy them clothes and things but keep in mind I am hoping to have a real baby so all that stuff would will eventually be used.

I lost my husband awhile back and unfortunately for me shopping (for baby things) seems to help a lot with my depression/grief from that

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”