Acacia Brinley

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Acacia Brinley

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Jjsmommy wrote:Not being rude but am I the only one who thinks something's off with her head
the baby? I dont see anything weird with her head? if she's a bit of a cone head--many babies have that when they are birthed vaginally. It will fill out and go away with time!
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

OMG that birth vlog. I don't know what it was, I've watched a couple family vloggers birth vlogs and I have never felt emotional but that was an awesome video. I know this isn't a praise Acacia forum but that was seriously a beautiful video. The part where Jarius and Acacia were talking to future Brinley and the part where Acacia first held her made me cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Unread post by berrybitch »

I agree, that was a beautiful birth vlog and I'm glad she got the birth she wanted. With that being said, she'll have a natural birth, eat her placenta (on her Twitter), but won't breastfeed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Yeah I'm happy she had a natural birth and was able to follow through with it. It does seem strange to me that she'll go through natural birth and was so passionate about it but won't breastfeed.

Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

I agree. I don't even watch or know this girl but her birth vlog was one of the best I've watched on YouTube.

Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
juststardust
Talker
Talker

Unread post by juststardust »

That birth vlog was absolutely beautiful and this is coming from somebody who could hardly even stand her usually. It was so peaceful and it looks like she really stuck to her birthing plan and got the L&D she wanted so I'm happy for her. I don't know how the hell both midwives accidentally didn't check her cervix and told her that she was more far along than she actually was but I'd be livid if that happened to me negl. For some reason I think she's going to surprise us and be an incredible mom, or at least I'm hoping that's the case so her daughter grows up safe and happy. I just wish she would put more effort into breastfeeding but I also understand that it's her choice.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

SureJan wrote:
berrybitch wrote:I agree, that was a beautiful birth vlog and I'm glad she got the birth she wanted. With that being said, she'll have a natural birth, eat her placenta (on her Twitter), but won't breastfeed?

Eh, some people don't want to share their body for more than 9 months, and I can respect that. Breastfeeding is another body sacrifice, after the sacrifice of pregnancy.

(And by sacrifice I mean like not being able to eat/drink certain things, no personal space, etc.)
This

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
berrybitch
Talker
Talker

SureJan wrote:
berrybitch wrote:I agree, that was a beautiful birth vlog and I'm glad she got the birth she wanted. With that being said, she'll have a natural birth, eat her placenta (on her Twitter), but won't breastfeed?

Eh, some people don't want to share their body for more than 9 months, and I can respect that. Breastfeeding is another body sacrifice, after the sacrifice of pregnancy.

(And by sacrifice I mean like not being able to eat/drink certain things, no personal space, etc.)
You're correct, it's definitely a sacrifice and not for everyone. Fed is always best. I just don't hear of many mothers who choose midwife + natural birth + placenta consumption, but bottle feed over breast. Since breastfeeding is very #natural. Does that make sense? Lol. Not trying to debate. Just an observation. I still don't really like her for various reasons but don't doubt she loves Brinley with all her heart.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

This is probably the nicest thread I've seen about breastfeeding I love it! Everyone usually goes down a youtubers theist for choosing not to breastfeed. I don't care what her reason is as long as the kid is fed.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

SureJan wrote:
berrybitch wrote:
SureJan wrote: Eh, some people don't want to share their body for more than 9 months, and I can respect that. Breastfeeding is another body sacrifice, after the sacrifice of pregnancy.

You're correct, it's definitely a sacrifice and not for everyone. Fed is always best. I just don't hear of many mothers who choose midwife + natural birth + placenta consumption, but bottle feed over breast. Since breastfeeding is very #natural. Does that make sense? Lol. Not trying to debate. Just an observation. I still don't really like her for various reasons but don't doubt she loves Brinley with all her heart.
Yeah I definitely see what you mean, I hope my post didn't come across as snarky! I didn't mean it to. It does seem sort of strange, because you're very right about breastfeeding falling more in line with the more #natural and #earthmama way of doing things, haha. Dare I say it's even kind of trendy with YT moms right now? Haha.

I have a very hard time believing that her midwife didn't encourage her to breastfeed though, and not that she owes her followers any explanation, but I do kind of wonder why she didn't want to. I think she wants Jairus to be able to help out more, which I can kind of get behind. The newborn stage/early PP can be pretty rough, especially for people who are prone to PPD/PPA
She actually said on Twitter that she stopped because her nipples started bleeding. The nurse or whatever said she had a good latch it was just that Acacia's nipples were really sensitive.

BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

SureJan wrote:So I guess the Acacia + Jairus channel is getting a reboot and they're going to attempt daily vlogging. Maybe this thread will pick up some steam haha

It's most likely only because they need money. That's why literally every video they've been doing so far has been with AwesomenessTV
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

I agree that her birth blog was beautiful, especially the part where she and Jairus were talking to future Brinley. But I don't think her birth plan (for the most part) going the way she wanted it to automatically means she will be a good parent. Her age, lack of education/work experience, and the fact that she basically trapped Jairus into staying with her by getting pregnant are concerning. I think the two of them are in kind of a honeymoon stage with Brinley right now but I highly doubt they will stay together long-term. I hope things go well for them, though.
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

babyfox wrote:I agree that her birth blog was beautiful, especially the part where she and Jairus were talking to future Brinley. But I don't think her birth plan (for the most part) going the way she wanted it to automatically means she will be a good parent. Her age, lack of education/work experience, and the fact that she basically trapped Jairus into staying with her by getting pregnant are concerning. I think the two of them are in kind of a honeymoon stage with Brinley right now but I highly doubt they will stay together long-term. I hope things go well for them, though.

Agreed. Their whole relationship (until he dumped her) seemed like the Honeymoon phase, at least what they showed. NO ONE has a relationship that picture perfect and imo I think it shows a bad image to her young, impressionable viewers. That you don't need an education or a job to land the "perfect" guy and have the "perfect" life and how easy going motherhood is.
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Ok their intro for their "daily" vlogs is probably the best out of all the other YouTubers.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Honestly... I used to find acacia very vapid and cringe worthy. But after following her birth/her vlogs I'm starting to think she's rather likable. I know it's only been 9 or 10 days since baby was born, but dare I say they seem to be adjusting okay so far? I know we all doubted jairus's excitement for the baby, but honestly I now have no doubt he truly loves brinley/is excited about fatherhood! I hope they continue to share this side of themselves with everyone and that they continue to rise to the occasion with parenting. She seems reasonably receptive to advise, I tweeted her about brinley's chest clip being too low in her car seat and acacia responded me thanking me for catching it! Most YouTube moms would be catty or ignore and continue to endanger their child.

d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Acacia and Jairus are great parents no doubt about that! They definitely parent well together as well and they look way more happier that Brin is here and Luci is doing so well with Brinley too !

I'm so happy to watch them grow
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I know of Acacia from her tumblr days, but haven't watched a video of hers in a few years. I just watched a recent vlog. How old is Jairus? The first few minutes had been of Acacia and the baby, then he turned the camera on himself and I was shocked. He looks quite a bit older, but maybe I'm wrong?
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Caisflame wrote:I know of Acacia from her tumblr days, but haven't watched a video of hers in a few years. I just watched a recent vlog. How old is Jairus? The first few minutes had been of Acacia and the baby, then he turned the camera on himself and I was shocked. He looks quite a bit older, but maybe I'm wrong?
He is 25
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Ah, okay. Not as old as I thought.
Echox3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Echox3 »

I'm honestly really loving their vlogs and hope they keep them up!
I find them super refreshing because they seem to be really raw and real.

Return to “A-H”