The Dale Tribe

spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Re: The Dale Tribe

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

olemama wrote:So it's more "Back to School..." high jinx for the Dale tribe and the peak moment comes at the end when Amy confiscates a book Anna wants to read. (with a laugh,of course!) In an effort to demonstrate the tribe takes education seriously, they show off their purchases from Target (where else?!). See, look, look- we have binders, we have highlighters, our backpacks are heavy- we must be smart!

Evidently, though, they are not smart enough to watch the day's weather report. At a picnic for Aspen's class, everyone is freezing because they have come without sweaters and warm clothing.

And about that book Amy took away, don't worry, Anna. Amy bought a Star Wars comic book that you can read! Happy reading!
I love your recaps, only just figured out how to reply

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yes, please keep doing the recaps as long as you can stand watching the vlogs! They're great!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Caisflame »

I agree, I don't always reply but I read each one and it gives me a laugh everyday.
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So in "Diabetic Milestone...." let's hop on the train to crazy town with the Dale tribe. Too many k-pop videos and too much junk food has melted all their brains to a puddle of ooze.

First Amy squeals like a hyena to get a few decorated cookies from a friend. Then Jon, looking like a degenerate disc jockey, attempts to play scratch music with a google app. What have these two been smokin'? You gotta ask.

Next Jon takes Eli on a dirt bike trail. Not 30 minutes into the trail, Eli crashes, twists his knee, and cuts himself. But Jon pronounces the trip "super fun"! While the guys are breaking their bikes, the girls, their eyes glazed over, are watching Korean soap operas.

Then the tribe is off to a restaurant that specializes in Southern cuisine. Hah! If you believe a mountain town in Colorado can serve up genuine Southern food, I own a bridge in Brooklyn I would love to sell to you. Surprisingly Aspen acts badly. She refuses to test her blood glucose. She doesn't want to prick her finger. So, in an act of tribal solidarity, Jon has all the kids and Amy prick their fingers WITH ASPEN'S LANCET DEVICE!!! Jon, you fucking moron, you never, ever share your lancet device with another person. It is unsafe. (I'm a type 2 diabetic so I know whereof I speak).

The title of your video has the word "milestone". It's a milestone, all right-a milestone of stupidity for the Dale tribe!
spoiled2bits
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spoiled2bits »

olemama wrote:So in "Diabetic Milestone...." let's hop on the train to crazy town with the Dale tribe. Too many k-pop videos and too much junk food has melted all their brains to a puddle of ooze.

First Amy squeals like a hyena to get a few decorated cookies from a friend. Then Jon, looking like a degenerate disc jockey, attempts to play scratch music with a google app. What have these two been smokin'? You gotta ask.

Next Jon takes Eli on a dirt bike trail. Not 30 minutes into the trail, Eli crashes, twists his knee, and cuts himself. But Jon pronounces the trip "super fun"! While the guys are breaking their bikes, the girls, their eyes glazed over, are watching Korean soap operas.

Then the tribe is off to a restaurant that specializes in Southern cuisine. Hah! If you believe a mountain town in Colorado can serve up genuine Southern food, I own a bridge in Brooklyn I would love to sell to you. Surprisingly Aspen acts badly. She refuses to test her blood glucose. She doesn't want to prick her finger. So, in an act of tribal solidarity, Jon has all the kids and Amy prick their fingers WITH ASPEN'S LANCET DEVICE!!! Jon, you fucking moron, you never, ever share your lancet device with another person. It is unsafe. (I'm a type 2 diabetic so I know whereof I speak).

The title of your video has the word "milestone". It's a milestone, all right-a milestone of stupidity for the Dale tribe!
They changed the lancet for each person though.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spoiled2bits wrote:
olemama wrote:So in "Diabetic Milestone...." let's hop on the train to crazy town with the Dale tribe. Too many k-pop videos and too much junk food has melted all their brains to a puddle of ooze.

But you can still get blood exchanged. Granted, they're all in the same family, so the chance of blood borne pathogens being exchanged is pretty slim, but it's just not a good example to set. If they're supposed to be showing how to live with diabetes, you shouldn't be showing the wrong way to do things.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:
spoiled2bits wrote:

But you can still get blood exchanged. Granted, they're all in the same family, so the chance of blood borne pathogens being exchanged is pretty slim, but it's just not a good example to set. If they're supposed to be showing how to live with diabetes, you shouldn't be showing the wrong way to do things.

Yeah, just don't ever share lancet devices even if you change needles. And another concerning issue: Amy mentioned in a past vlog that they were always losing lancet devices in the house! (I think she called them prickers or clickers) And they have had small children in their home this summer! Toddlers could easily figure out how to stick themselves with a lost lancet device. The Dales should know better, especially if they coming on youtube to talk about how to live with diabetes.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Am I the only one grossed out by adding mango to the guacamole? I make a lovely mango-orange salsa, that I serve with grilled salmon, but putting mango in guacamole is just nasty sounding to me.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

^^^^It does sound weird and disgusting to me! Blech!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

In " Anna's epic new hair...", school is starting and the season is changing. The days are shorter and cooler. The fat squirrels are gathering nuts. The leaves are changing colors and ..so is Anna's hair!! For the fall she has chosen red and she does look pretty cute.

Amy kicks off the video, bemoaning the fact she is highly disorganized and might have ADD tendencies which makes things like grocery shopping, school lunch prep and laundry hard to do. Somehow she is gonna get Eli through high school though. Hmmm...

But Jon and Shae come through. Jon, not looking very pleased, slogs through Walmart and picks up the school supplies Amy failed to get because she was busy buying Star Wars t-shirts and jigsaw puzzles. He also gets groceries and makes some guacamole with mango(!?) for a pot-luck. Shae whips out a school lunch for herself and Aspen. They are veritable busy bees. And Amy...well, she's vlogging and I guess that's something!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

I'm back from a solar eclipse field trip! What have those scamps the Dale tribe been up to while I've been gone? Well, in "First day of..." and "Wrestling with..." school has started and you know what that means. PRAYER RETREAT!! Yep, Shae and Aspen are off in the woods praying about Jesus with their classmates and Jon is off in the woods with his men's ministry praying about Jesus too..

And Amy??...She's just waking up, which means Eli is probably still snoozing. In both videos, Amy looks like that dead mouse the cat General Iroh dragged in the other day. In the first video, Jon is commandeering the kids to get their lunches together, eat breakfast and get in the car while Amy sits slumped at the table huddling in her star wars blanket.

But she does manage to train Shae to do a blood glucose check on Aspen for the prayer retreat in case Aspen is too sick to do it. Good job Amy, except why have you waited this long? You have left Aspen in the care of your older children while you leave to work out or eat Korean food multiple times and they haven't known how to do a check!! Tsk! Tsk!

Another horrifying tidbit from "First day of school"- Jon reveals he never washes his hair. OMG! Now I understand his fixation with baseball caps!

In "Wrestling with..." Jon has departed for his retreat, the girls are going on theirs, and Amy is still looking like an extra from the set of "Walking Dead". She isn't helping herself by staying up 'til 1:00 a.m. watching movies with Anna on a "school" night. (whatever that means?) We learn that Anna is tense about senior year. No kidding! I'd be tense too if I had a half-assed education that prepared me to do exactly nothing like Anna. On the other hand, Anna's kitty cat coffee mug she was sipping tea out of was simply adorable!!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

It's "Opening Mail" time with the Dale tribe gals (Jon and Eli have somehow escaped this chore) and this one hour and 15 minute long video combines the two things I hate about youtubes: 1) opening mail and 2) livestreaming! Over an hour of watching the Dale tribe opening fan mail and saying "hi guys!"- I just couldn't do it. I lasted 5 minutes..sorry...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Crap. An hour and fifteen minutes of Amy? I would rather slam my tongue in a car door.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

With all that back-to-school shopping of star-wars t-shirts, star wars blankets, and jigsaw puzzles, the Dale tribe needs some fast cash! You guessed it! It's time for another Dale tribe promo in "Explosive device....."! This is a particularly repugnant one- the SmileDirect Club where people can lose teeth with their DIY orthodontics. And Shae, the Dale's 12 year old daughter, is the patient (cough cough victim ) here. But Amy thinks it's all wonderful so not to worry!

Eli makes an appearance doing his online high school "PE" requirement. My, things have changed since my kids had PE in high school. They had to change out into gym clothes, do jumping jacks, sit-ups, run laps and then play whatever game was being taught. What does Eli do? Why, jump on the trampoline in his skinny jeans, of course!

In this video. Amy grocery shops!! Since Anna's working, Jon, Shae and Aspen are out in the woods praying, and Eli is ensconced in his lair playing computer games, Amy decides to throw a party for her girlfriends. She realizes that she should feed her guests (an idea that evidently does not apply to her family) and she buys food! While the girlfriends party, they receive texts from town of Woodland Park that an explosive device was discovered and homes in the area were being evacuated. Amy giggles inanely at this and closes out the vlog.

I'll explain: Hikers were out "treasure-hunting" with a metal detector, found an old buried mortar shell, and brought it home. They called the sheriff's department, the neighborhood was evacuated and the shell was safely detonated with the assistance of Fort Carson bomb experts. So kudos to the first responders and the bomb squad from Ft. Carson for doing a dangerous job and keeping everyone safe!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:Crap. An hour and fifteen minutes of Amy? I would rather slam my tongue in a car door.

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Good one!!!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

More fun hair facts about the Dale tribe in "We get to be ....".!!!! In videos so far, we have learned that Shae curls her hair and live streams it on Instagram, Anna colors her hair but can't wash it because the colors wash out and Jon never washes his hair (Ewww!). Now we learn that Amy's hair smells like bad gasoline whenever she fills her car up. (Blechh!).

Despite hair challenges, life goes on for the Dales. Amy works out, picks up Shae and Aspen from the prayer retreat and buys junk food from a food truck and Wendy's to feed her family. Rather than cook a meal, she and Shae dress up as pirate/Robin Hood(?) characters to be extras in a neighbor's youtube film project. Way to go, Amy! The video closes out with Amy yelling at Phoenix (sigh) but with NO fatuous question of the day (Yeah!).
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

The tribe is not keeping up with current events in "Solar eclipse party" because they are totally unprepared for the eclipse. Despite millions of eclipse glasses being available for months, the Dales don't have any! Jon tries to buy welding goggles, fails but manages to construct a contraption that projects the eclipse onto cardboard.

He is the only one who is excited by the eclipse. Amy suntans, Aspen does homework, Shae and Anna play with their phones and Eli bounces on the trampoline. But afterwards, Amy decides she needs to prepare healthy foods and goes grocery shopping!!! Whoa, Amy-what happened?! Was it the mystical affect of the solar eclipse?!

Hmmm...a perusal of her Walmart shopping cart is giving me cause for concern. I see goldfish, veggie stix, Pepsi, jarred spaghetti sauce but nary a vegetable in sight! Nice try Amy but no cigar!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Amy actually made a "vat" of pepperoni chili, which actually sounds gross, but whatever. At least she was cooking.
And Eli was showing off his "mouse bungee". Why buy something like that when you can just buy a fiber optic mouse?
So did they not know that their silly "Christian" school had a strict dress code before they spent all the money on doing Anna's hair red? That ombre style is expensive. So now they have to spend money to change it, and the waste just annoys TF out of me.

olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

So I have a proposal for the Dale tribe merch store. In addition to "Fit Hobbit" and "kindness is legendary", we should plaster Amy's newest saying "I can follow rules unless they're stupid rules!" on a Dale tribe t-shirt. It will be awesome!

And high praise to several commenters of the video "Anna got in trouble" who pointed out that Jon and Amy agreed that their children would adhere to the dress code when they decided several years ago to send them to this school. Amy may have been a moron but Anna accepted the ruling with grace. Good for you, Anna! I don't know how but you are way more mature than your dopey mom!
olemama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by olemama »

lmmomSD wrote:Amy actually made a "vat" of pepperoni chili, which actually sounds gross, but whatever. At least she was cooking.
And Eli was showing off his "mouse bungee". Why buy something like that when you can just buy a fiber optic mouse?
So did they not know that their silly "Christian" school had a strict dress code before they spent all the money on doing Anna's hair red? That ombre style is expensive. So now they have to spend money to change it, and the waste just annoys TF out of me.

"Vat" is the perfect word!!!LOL!!!

Return to “A-H”