ayla and caleb

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ayla and caleb

Unread post by actuallydear »

they're a young couple going through infertility and embryo adoption. i watch them on the rare occasion but can't get into them because something just seems... off. with the huge influx of LDS vloggers, i 100% thought they were mormon when i first stumbled across them.

anyone else watch them? thoughts?
Bananasplit
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ayla and caleb

Unread post by Bananasplit »

I watch them occasionally. I'm having trouble getting into them too. They seem nice but kind of boring.
Robolt
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Robolt »

I don't watch every single video but I watch them a bit.. never got the Mormon vibe from them.. I think they are sweet and I really want this embryo adoption to work out for them.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I'm subscribed but only watch occasionally. They seem sweet but are a bit boring. And Ayla rubs me the wrong way sometimes. I hope the embryo adoption works for them.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Robolt wrote:I never got the Mormon vibe from them...
It was when I first found them and watched a video, Caleb in particular. Maybe he just reminded me of Jared Mecham or something.... I know now that they are not LDS.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

I wish the best for them but I have to say they strike me as very young and naive and maybe a bit immature. I think Ayla just wants a baby so desperately she will do anything to have one. I wonder if there is some sort of void she is trying to fill.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I like them. They seem a little immature and she acts kind of babyish herself. I can't stand to watch their full vlogs, she's very extra with things and I just can't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Damn, they were in the process of doing an embryo adoption and it fell through last minute.
They've been hinting towards adoption but can't speak about it because of the law in their province. They've been buying a bunch of baby stuff, so maybe they're thinking about fostering as well.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

ForeverGauc01 wrote:Damn, they were in the process of doing an embryo adoption and it fell through last minute.
They've been hinting towards adoption but can't speak about it because of the law in their province. They've been buying a bunch of baby stuff, so maybe they're thinking about fostering as well.

I don't think they are fostering but in Canada all the adoptions are done thru the government not private adoption agencies like here in the US. So basically once all of your paperwork is approved its just a waiting game and you could literally become a parent at any moment. However the average wait time is around 3 years. I think they are buying baby things so they can remain positive. I understand them buying the basics like a carseat because they would have to be ready at a moments notice whenever they do get the call.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I started watching them awhile ago. I have to say they're super young and as others have said Ayla comes off as immature. I could never watch full vlogs because they are SUPER boring. I hate to be mean but honestly most of their vlogs are like watching paint dry.

And I have to say I've been through IF as well and a lot of things seem off with their videos. They're always trying something and then something bad happens. But what got me is when they were acting so emotional about the birth mom a while back having an early miscarriage. I get they might have had the possibility of the child growing in their minds but honestly I would'nt have been putting my eggs in one basket considering the BM was only a few weeks along and anything can happen in those 7-8 months waiting for her to deliver. Most BMs don't know they're going to place their babies at that point.

Most IF vloggers vlog about something other than IF and that seems to be their soul focus. I know a few days ago she did a pregnancy test and I thought that was weird considering everything they've been through and the diagnosises they have to become pregnant naturally wouldn't be in my mind. I just thought it was weird to post a pregnancy test like that.

And it's a really bad idea to buy baby stuff I can tell you from experience the point of buying the stuff is exciting but then it's staring you in the face and it does more harm than good. Things like car seats and strollers have exp. dates on them. Infant car seats expire sooner than convertible ones do. I bought my travel system when I was pregnant with my son. I never got to use it.

Just watched their "draw your life" my stepson is a month older than Ayla... She was born in 1993. My husband is 15 years older and had a son with an ex girlfriend so that's why I have a stepson that's so close in age to me. My younger stepsons are almost 13 and 11.

When I started trying to have babies these two weren't even in high school yet. When my first baby was stillborn they were still in high school my daughter was stillborn when they graduated high school.

And their pregnancy was 3-4 weeks literally they told them they were pregnant but the numbers were low and the next day they learned they'd miscarry. Just seems like their milking a lot of things for YouTube. I don't know much about the Canadian health care system so I can't really touch on their IF expenses.

I know here you have to pay unless your lucky enough to work for a company that offers IF coverage. Being so young I'd have to wonder where they're getting all this money to do what they've done in fertility such as IVF.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes I've wondered where they come up with their fertility treatment money. Where I am in Canada (ont), iui is covered except the prescriptions but ivf is not. I'm sure it's the same where they are.

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm assuming that Caleb has a successful career or perhaps they come from wealthy families. I know they drive a fairly expensive car for 2 young people and Caleb said his family owns quite a few rental properties
thwy0011

Unread post by thwy0011 »

I knew her personally many years ago. I can't speak to her character now because she very well may have changed, but she did some incredibly mean and immature things back then and I have a hard time seeing past those actions. I was thinking about her a few days ago, looked her up, and wound up here. Watching a few videos lead me to believe that she is still a little immature.

I wish them the best in their efforts to make a family and feel sorry that they have been jerked around. That being said, the clickbait titles and the live reaction videos are just odd to me given the nature of their situation.
eab424 wrote:Most IF vloggers vlog about something other than IF and that seems to be their soul focus. I know a few days ago she did a pregnancy test and I thought that was weird considering everything they've been through and the diagnosises they have to become pregnant naturally wouldn't be in my mind. I just thought it was weird to post a pregnancy test like that.
I thought the exact same thing.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Their videos show up in my suggestions all the time and while I'm interested in their story, something about Ayla in particular is just very off putting to me. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but I don't watch often because of it. Maybe she's just a bit too whiny? They're in a tough situation but I feel like sometimes they bring a lot of extra pain on themselves or try to be extra dramatic for vlogging's sake....like the live reactions, just not necessary but I suppose it brings in extra clicks...
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I ran a group for ladies with a infertility issue. We were a popular group and I ran it with 4K members. It was literally a full time job and while there were other mods they were not active except for a friend of mine and I understood that she didn't have the time since she worked many hours. If fights broke out or someone was causing issues after being warned we dismissed them from the group. Well one of the mods who hadn't been an active member in over 2 years came by and looked at how many had been banned (99% were facebook fake accounts) she flipped her lid. I left.

I started a new group and brought on board then friend of mine in Canada. She didn't want to utilize anything that she could be getting for free. With our issue, simply taking meds leads to pregnancy in most cases. She didn't want to do that but would in box me everyday whining about not getting pregnant. I just wanted to tell her that she's so lucky to have IUI (minus meds sometimes IUI can be done without) for free when I have to pay $700-1000 per attempt. I've buried two kids and I'd ttc for so long and she was 22 and newly married and hadn't been ttc for so long. So for my mental health I blocked her and so I don't have that stress anymore.
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by British25 »

Anyone still watching them? I've recently sat through a couple of their videos, something is off about them but I just can't put my finger on it. I don't know if it's because they're still quite young but clearly so desperate for a baby (not knocking that, each to their own), or if it's because Ayla seems like a try-hard. She comes across as fake on camera but I don't know why. I want to like them because I do feel for them but there's just something off putting
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

British25 wrote:Anyone still watching them? I've recently sat through a couple of their videos, something is off about them but I just can't put my finger on it. I don't know if it's because they're still quite young but clearly so desperate for a baby (not knocking that, each to their own), or if it's because Ayla seems like a try-hard. She comes across as fake on camera but I don't know why. I want to like them because I do feel for them but there's just something off putting
I watch them occasionally. I think the whole thing of them buying a car seat when they are not pregnant or in the process is odd. I get they were going to do foster care but I never heard anything about that after that video.

I get wanting a baby. I do. I hate repeating my story but in 12 years I've had 2 stillbirths, two failed adoptions (2 sisters and a set of twins) and the rest IF. So I do get it but from what I've been told they come from wealthy families. Since their considering adoption I sense that DNA isn't important to them. However I've seen some people adopt then all of the sudden sharing DNA is important to them because then they start doing everything under the sun to have a bio. Anyway, they have the options and means to have one. It's very off putting that's all their channel seems to be about. Ayla is hard to watch she always looks like her best friend died.

This might sound nitpicky and I'm not a fan of it but their wardrobe made up of just greys and blacks. It's like I'm at a funeral for each video. Personally I think they should find some hobbies and make their channel more rounded instead of just about having a baby.

I forgot how long have they been trying?
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Lol you nailed it eab! "Ayla is hard to watch she always looks like her best friend died" ...couldn't put my finger on it but she was always such a turn off for some reason! Even when she was supposedly happy she still seemed like a total downer.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Tiger27 wrote:Lol you nailed it eab! "Ayla is hard to watch she always looks like her best friend died" ...couldn't put my finger on it but she was always such a turn off for some reason! Even when she was supposedly happy she still seemed like a total downer.
She reminds me of a girl whom I ran a group with for ladies with PCOS. Young and lived in Canada. Would've paid for them to do IUI and they were given a $4K in bonuses from her husband's boss. Always morose. Would get weird and jealous when someone from our group would get pregnant. Um your 23 have the option for free IUI, won't take the basic medications to potentially get pregnant and yet makes silly excuses as to why they don't do it. But continued to complain. Each day I could expect to see a complaint message about her not being pregnant yet. There are days when I struggle to be present after everything and the last thing I need into hear her complaining about why she isn't pregnant yet. Anyway situation was fixed. But she so reminds me of Ayla.

I thought Ayla and Caleb's IF issue was Caleb. If that's the case and DNA isn't important why not get donor sperm. It sounds like pregnancy is very important to Ayla.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They’ve mentioned before that it’s both of them. Ayla has endo, not sure what stage though.
She does always seem really down, and even when she’s happy it seems fake. It’s unfortunate they can’t discuss the adoption process because of their province.

Return to “A-H”