ayla and caleb

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ayla and caleb

Unread post by eab424 »

LucyDiamond wrote:As someone who battled infertility I can TOTALLY see doing things like prepping a diaper bag. We are (finally!) pregnant but the process is pretty awful. One of the things Ayla talked about being hard with adoption is sitting & waiting. I can totally get that. During IF treatments the waiting periods were the worst. You feel like you're not doing anything to work towards what you want. When you're taking meds/doing injections/whatever you feel like youre making progress. After a miscarriage I had to wait two months for my body to heal -- it doesn't sound long and in retrospect it wasn't but at the time it felt like I was just sitting on my hands for SO long.
Lucy I am so sorry. I also have IF issues. I have pcos and this christmas marks the 13th year I've been ttc. I got pregnant with a lot of help with a little boy in 2009. I had placental abruption and he passed away. The next year we tried and each month was brought by more disappointment. I had to wait 6 weeks to have sex (it was painful) and 3 cycles to ttc again. Two to three months is a long time. Especially when you've been trying for so long without results.

The year before my son passed away we had our first failed adoption. In the state we'd lived in at the time judges go back and forth which makes zero sense since there are so many children in foster care. They even give parents 3 chances sometimes to get their act together before parental rights are terminated. My sister adopted and the bio mom was given two chances. She was stopped for a dui with my niece in the backseat without a car seat. She's also very mentally ill and cannot take care of herself never mind a child.

I got pregnant again in 2010 and my daughter was born sleeping in 2011. My then husband changed and became abusive and I just couldn't stay and there was no way I was bringing a child into that. We divorced.

I have been friends with my husband's sister since 2006. And he and I started dating in 2013 and married the same year.

He has three sons, and we wanted more children. We've had a failed adoption of twins. We were picked and at the last minute the birth mom added a second family whom was also in the running. It was horrible. My husband and I were younger than this couple. They had 4 sons already and all 4 had wives who were pregnant at the time. What broke our hearts was that we were told we were the couple she wanted to have adopt her twins. We knew with adoption there are never any guarantees until the last possible minute, but with the twins being born around christmas and the other older couple being chosen we were heartbroken.

We decided we couldn't handle that kind of rollercoaster again. So we're thinking of doing embryo adoption and we continue IF treatments.

Baby showers aren't hard for me. I enjoy them. I know eventually I'll get my miracle. The wait is just out of this world difficult.Missing my children adds to that pain. Their birthdays, holidays.

Congrats Lucy on your pregnancy I am very happy for you!
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Oh my goodness. Your story makes mine look like a walk in the park. I will say that after facing challenges getting pregnant you'll be much more tolerant of the "bad" parts of pregnancy. First trimester I struggled with anxiety during the few moments I didn't feel green. I was much happier when I was sick! ;) my due date is smack in the middle of two friends' due dates and I'm the only one not complaining about being over pregnancy. Every second of heartburn is so so so worth it. One of the only IF mantras that didn't annoy me was the idea of the right baby at the right time. I'm certain it will be that way for you. <3

i have a soft spot for Ayla and Caleb...have plenty of snark for other channels though. ;)
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

LucyDiamond wrote:Oh my goodness. Your story makes mine look like a walk in the park. I will say that after facing challenges getting pregnant you'll be much more tolerant of the "bad" parts of pregnancy. First trimester I struggled with anxiety during the few moments I didn't feel green. I was much happier when I was sick! ;) my due date is smack in the middle of two friends' due dates and I'm the only one not complaining about being over pregnancy. Every second of heartburn is so so so worth it. One of the only IF mantras that didn't annoy me was the idea of the right baby at the right time. I'm certain it will be that way for you. <3

i have a soft spot for Ayla and Caleb...have plenty of snark for other channels though. ;)
No IF journey is a walk in the park ( except for Alex and Phil's sorry but they hit the lucky lottery and it bugs me how they act like they haven't beaten IF when they have two kids granted their adopted but a child is a child bio or not)
angelmamma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by angelmamma »

Anyone still watching them curiously? The only thing that gets me is that Ayla posts and says how it's so hard and the hardest thing anyone can go through. I had a neonatal loss, and I find it a bit of a slap in the face. Maybe it's just me being a sensitive Sally...
I understand wanting to have a baby, but I do agree, something is a bit off - perhaps they are naive or something. My fiance and I are also young with a growing family, but idk... Something is off about them. I wonder how they were able to afford all their treatments, their expensive car, and they bought a new house... Just an Observation. They did give me a Mormon vibe, but I don't think they are... Ayla seems a bit too whiny for me. I wish them luck in their journey towards building a family, but I am glad I'm not the only one that got "off" vibes.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

angelmamma wrote:Anyone still watching them curiously? The only thing that gets me is that Ayla posts and says how it's so hard and the hardest thing anyone can go through. I had a neonatal loss, and I find it a bit of a slap in the face. Maybe it's just me being a sensitive Sally...
I understand wanting to have a baby, but I do agree, something is a bit off - perhaps they are naive or something. My fiance and I are also young with a growing family, but idk... Something is off about them. I wonder how they were able to afford all their treatments, their expensive car, and they bought a new house... Just an Observation. They did give me a Mormon vibe, but I don't think they are... Ayla seems a bit too whiny for me. I wish them luck in their journey towards building a family, but I am glad I'm not the only one that got "off" vibes.

No they're just so boring and woe is me. And yes that comment was off putting. I don't want to bring another yt into it but there are a lot of them I no longer watch because they act like the world is ending because they haven't given birth. They are parents however.

Apparently one side of the family either hers or his, have a business and have money.

I have a infertility group and we serve USA and Canada. I had to dismiss one of the admins because she'd constantly complain each day (no exaggeration) about not being pregnant. Had access to fertility medications but when I suggested so many things to help them have a baby? She'd say "we're not ready for it" ok then why are you messaging me literally everyday venting about not being pregnant if I had access to those things I'd totally be on top of that. Her husband's boss gave them $4,000 and they blew it on stupid stuff. Then she's whining "I can't afford healthy food" then she's on talking about some sort of shake that was the it thing of the moment.
angelmamma
Gossiper
Gossiper

I also don't like how they associate intertility with infant loss... It's just not the same. Stop. Infertility is awful, but losing an infant is a whole other level of hell.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

angelmamma wrote:I also don't like how they associate intertility with infant loss... It's just not the same. Stop. Infertility is awful, but losing an infant is a whole other level of hell.
It is. This is why I don't watch them it seems every corner they turn down something doesn't work. I think they had someone who said they wanted to place their child for adoption and they were still early in their first trimester and the bio mom had a miscarriage. Ayla acted as if she had a miscarriage. I mean reality check!

It just seems like the only thing they document is "suffering" I was never that morose when I was ttc for that short of a time.

I mean I can't remember if the IF issue is just his or both of theirs but if it's just the guy donor sperm should be an option. If you don't mind adopting then you shouldn't mind donor sperm.

They seem a lot like other youtubers who are in similar circumstances. They have money so for it to be this long without a baby/child is suspect to me. Especially since their thinking of adopting I saw some thing above about why their having to wait that just doesn't sound right. I don't think Ayla though is stable enough to be a mom IMO. And for Caleb to go along with these videos....

I've seen several YT guys when their wife says something crazy they come up behind them to sort of clean up their statement its comical.
angelmamma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yes, I agree. They did use donor sperm, but that failed. Honestly, I feel that Ayla wants a baby so bad, she is obsessing to an unhealthy point. I believe some therapy would benefit her. I have been watching for the past few days and idk, I get some of it. I have had that burning desire for a baby, but almost every video she's crying or something. They gave MIF and she has endometriosis... I have heard through the grapevine that she used to be a mean girl and very stuck up. Also, they said in their video they now want like 4 kids. They said over their journey, they want more and more kids... Kinda feel like they're trying to fill a void or something.
I just hate how she acts like she lost an infant and lumps infertility with infant loss... Both are awful, but losing an infant is a whole new level of hell. I wonder how her husband copes with her like that all the time. I feel for them, and I wish them all the best... But they rub we a weird way.
I didn't know how young they were til a day or so age. I honestly didn't know you could even qualify for IVF at that age.
I started trying to watch Phil and Alex, but they seem to irk me as well. They cry about infertility and started a gofundme for another failed ivf cycle while they have two beautiful adopted babies right next to them....feel like it's idk... Disrespectful to their daughters?
Do you have any suggestions for vloggers?
angelmamma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also, yes, they had a failed embryo adoption... They people changed their minds last minute and she acted like she had a Mc... They had a chemical pregnancy once. Like she posted a video of a positive test, then the next day she posts that she lost the baby because she took another test the next day and it was negative.
I wish then luck in their journey, but sometimes I feel what they say is very insensitive...
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

angelmamma wrote:Yes, I agree. They did use donor sperm, but that failed. Honestly, I feel that Ayla wants a baby so bad, she is obsessing to an unhealthy point. I believe some therapy would benefit her. I have been watching for the past few days and idk, I get some of it. I have had that burning desire for a baby, but almost every video she's crying or something. They gave MIF and she has endometriosis... I have heard through the grapevine that she used to be a mean girl and very stuck up. Also, they said in their video they now want like 4 kids. They said over their journey, they want more and more kids... Kinda feel like they're trying to fill a void or something.
I just hate how she acts like she lost an infant and lumps infertility with infant loss... Both are awful, but losing an infant is a whole new level of hell. I wonder how her husband copes with her like that all the time. I feel for them, and I wish them all the best... But they rub we a weird way.
I didn't know how young they were til a day or so age. I honestly didn't know you could even qualify for IVF at that age.
I started trying to watch Phil and Alex, but they seem to irk me as well. They cry about infertility and started a gofundme for another failed ivf cycle while they have two beautiful adopted babies right next to them....feel like it's idk... Disrespectful to their daughters?
Do you have any suggestions for vloggers?
I am going to PM you if you don't mind.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

I don't mind them generally but I think doing YouTube has created an unhealthy obsession about having a baby. It is literally her whole identity and she is banking on this future child to cure all unhappiness in her life. In the meantime, I feel like she is missing out on her marriage and life in her 20's. I think they will have a child eventually but in the meantime, it might be healthy for her to step back and focus on herself, her interests and her marriage.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

LittleRus wrote:I don't mind them generally but I think doing YouTube has created an unhealthy obsession about having a baby. It is literally her whole identity and she is banking on this future child to cure all unhappiness in her life. In the meantime, I feel like she is missing out on her marriage and life in her 20's. I think they will have a child eventually but in the meantime, it might be healthy for her to step back and focus on herself, her interests and her marriage.
I agree, but I also think their channel could be more well rounded. They only seem to do videos that center on IF. Most youtubers in their shoes post videos with variety of topics even if their sole reason of starting a channel was child loss, IF, etc
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by British25 »

hunrya20 wrote:Their vlogs are sooo boring. I can't lie. They seem like nice people when fertility isn't mentioned. Whenever fertility IS mentioned, Ayla always rubs me the wrong way. She seems very whiny. I dunno. She posted a sit down video of her crying and whining, some commenters posted some really good advice but she decided to take it as hate. I also feel like she pushed Caleb into the sperm donor thing.

They have a lot of work to do before they're ready to be parents. Starting with how monotone they are and how depressing their house looks. Feels like all these two do is go to work and talk fertility.
I completely agree with you. I haven't watched them in so long, mainly because every video is EXACTLY the same. Fertility, work, ellie gets groomed. That's literally their life. I'm sure it's an awful situation to be in and I know how all-consuming it can be wanting a baby, but these two are just too much. Like you said, I feel like they're a long way off from being ready to be parents. Wanting a baby as desperately as Ayla does doesn't automatically make you ready. I think they should travel to be honest, I think it would be good for them. They never seem to DO anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

British25 wrote:
hunrya20 wrote:Their vlogs are sooo boring. I can't lie. They seem like nice people when fertility isn't mentioned. Whenever fertility IS mentioned, Ayla always rubs me the wrong way. She seems very whiny. I dunno. She posted a sit down video of her crying and whining, some commenters posted some really good advice but she decided to take it as hate. I also feel like she pushed Caleb into the sperm donor thing.

They have a lot of work to do before they're ready to be parents. Starting with how monotone they are and how depressing their house looks. Feels like all these two do is go to work and talk fertility.
I completely agree with you. I haven't watched them in so long, mainly because every video is EXACTLY the same. Fertility, work, ellie gets groomed. That's literally their life. I'm sure it's an awful situation to be in and I know how all-consuming it can be wanting a baby, but these two are just too much. Like you said, I feel like they're a long way off from being ready to be parents. Wanting a baby as desperately as Ayla does doesn't automatically make you ready. I think they should travel to be honest, I think it would be good for them. They never seem to DO anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what we've been doing. We went to Mexico several times. We went to Hawaii one year. And last summer we went to Europe. I think if we were solely focused on becoming parents together (He has 3 sons) I don't think our marriage would be as strong as it is or we'd start fighting. I think they also need to think of new ways/and or procedures to try. I think their too focused on fertility based on using their DNA. I think if they got donor sperm I think this process would go by quicker vs continuing down a dead end path.
Happy Juice
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Happy Juice »

They did IUI with donor sperm. Ayla has endometriosis so it's not a one sided problem.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Happy Juice wrote:They did IUI with donor sperm. Ayla has endometriosis so it's not a one sided problem.
For give me I'd forgotten about that. If that's the case I'd focus on adoption or getting an adopted embryo and having a surrogate carry them. Since it's been years and they have the money it seems like their dragging their feet in some departments. I cant watch their videos because their always about the same subjects.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

hunrya20 wrote:I dunno. Their videos make me sad. The videos are boring. I thought Rachelle Swannie's channel was sad but Ayla puts Rachelle to the back burner. You can tell that they're not into YouTube being a full time career, they're only doin it for documentation.
Rachelle had a miscarriage. It's sad but a lot of women have them and their story isn't this big tragic situation you think it might be. They don't need yt as a career since one of them comes from a family who is very rich.
No_Sugarcoating11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by No_Sugarcoating11 »

Did anyone watch her last video? She mentioned this group and all of the negativity. I feel bad that she is reading here but honestly most of the other YouTube couples on here have A LOT more than 2 pages on this site. I think the negativity on this thread is nothing compared to the negativity on the Phil and Alex or Rachelle and Justin thread. In fact, some people on the Phil and Alex thread actually have mentioned Ayla and Caleb in a positive way. I personally have no problem with Ayla and Caleb. I think they are a nice, young couple who is very deserving of having a baby. They both have great careers and I can tell they will be wonderful parents. I hope Ayla knows that by mentioning the negativity specifically on her vlog, she is actually enabling more people to come here and talk crap about her. Hopefully she realizes this site is just a joke pretty much and doesn't read too deep into what anyone here has said here. Ayla has already suffered with depression in the past and she doesn't need to let this get her down too. If I could, I would delete this particular thread. I go on here all the time and am guilty of talking crap about other YouTube couples, but have never felt the need to say anything about these two. I don't think they should have a thread on here.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

5:20 on the latest video, ayla said a lot of the time the negativity is never towards the men, always the women. lol... take a look through these threads here. i don't know about the threads i don't follow but bryan and jared get a ton of heat.
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

No_Sugarcoating11 wrote:Did anyone watch her last video? She mentioned this group and all of the negativity. I feel bad that she is reading here but honestly most of the other YouTube couples on here have A LOT more than 2 pages on this site. I think the negativity on this thread is nothing compared to the negativity on the Phil and Alex or Rachelle and Justin thread. In fact, some people on the Phil and Alex thread actually have mentioned Ayla and Caleb in a positive way. I personally have no problem with Ayla and Caleb. I think they are a nice, young couple who is very deserving of having a baby. They both have great careers and I can tell they will be wonderful parents. I hope Ayla knows that by mentioning the negativity specifically on her vlog, she is actually enabling more people to come here and talk crap about her. Hopefully she realizes this site is just a joke pretty much and doesn't read too deep into what anyone here has said here. Ayla has already suffered with depression in the past and she doesn't need to let this get her down too. If I could, I would delete this particular thread. I go on here all the time and am guilty of talking crap about other YouTube couples, but have never felt the need to say anything about these two. I don't think they should have a thread on here.
Totally agree! They seem like a sweet and very deserving couple. I identify a lot with Ayla. She says the things I thought throughout my infertility journey. It’s really really hard to be positive throughout the process and I’m generally a super optimistic person. I’ve always liked how open & honest she is re: her feelings. It’s really brave. They are one of the few YT couples that don’t drive me batty. They aren’t greedy and don’t seem to be looking to be superstars like P&A. I get the vibe that they genuinely want to help people struggling with infertility. I think they will both be amazing parents and I can’t wait to watch her become a mom. ❤️

Return to “A-H”