Family Fizz/Vegan Family TV

loulouinnz
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Family Fizz/Vegan Family TV

Unread post by loulouinnz »

British family who moved to Gran Canaria and started daily vlogging about their vegan Family. Their channel got really popular (200,000 subscribers now) and they've recently moved back to England to work with a Youtube agent and they're not seeking other work outside youtube. Their daughters are 12 and 5 (the older one has a different dad) and they're trying for another baby.

Both parents have had issues in the past with drinking and drugs and they come from unstable households. Georgie had Mia at 16.

I did really like them. Fantastic parents, no doubt. It used to be that all that annoyed me was Darren's bad grammar. Recently however their 12 year old has left school to be 'homeschooled' and to run her own channel and has posted a video essentially saying she doesn't care whether or not she gets her qualifications as she doesn't see them as necessary. Not so strange for a 12 year old, but her parents seem to encourage this attitude, with Georgie mentioning she has a degree but regrets bothering to get it.

I think Darren is incredibly sweet but it worries me that he has talked about having mental health issues and that he considers his vegan diet and exercise regime to be what keeps him okay (rather than more conventional approaches he has tried in the past). I don't know, he just seems to have some dark days. The other thing that annoys me is that now they've got more popular they're getting really click baity and a lot of their title topics relate to their 12 year old, like 'first armpit hair' and 'period talk' etc.. She allows/encourages them to film it but i don't know how much a 12 year actively makes those decisions.

I know most people on this site are Americans and i think their audience is more europeans , nzers and australians but you never know, the last thread i started was okbaby and look how that blew up!
greenfly125
Talker
Talker

Re: Family Fizz/Vegan Family TV

Unread post by greenfly125 »

I think they cater for a tween/teenager audience. Their flamboyant and over the top attitude towards life annoys me.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

I have watched them since they were VeganFitnessTv with only 12k subscribers and they definitely have changed personality/routine/style when they stated daily vlogging. I loved their channel before it was a vlogging channel and Georgie would always take the time to email me back which isn't something most youtubers do now a days. That being said, I rarely watch the vlogs now that it's become a family channel but am happy for their success nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

I watch occasionally. They seem nice enough, but the over dramatic energy is just to much for me. I wish them the best though, just not for me.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

I like them however I do not agree moving the kids round all the time. And they should concentrate on getting Mis to focus on school
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

How can Italy be considered a holiday if they don't even have a normal place they live?
Jeniusm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jeniusm »

I used to really like these guys but they have become the biggest bunch of narcissists. Honestly in two years they will be the same a Daily Bumps, but healthier. All the love for Sienna though.
Crazydoglady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Crazydoglady »

A frankly disturbing proportion of their video titles revolve around their eldest daughter's periods and/or breasts. It's exploitative and straight-up creepy.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Crazydoglady wrote:A frankly disturbing proportion of their video titles revolve around their eldest daughter's periods and/or breasts. It's exploitative and straight-up creepy.
Most of them are click bait which is arguably even more concerning to me? Baiting your daughter for creeps so people will watch your videos? It's just awful. Not only that but they continuously create click bait titles involving their children "crushing" or falling in "love" with boys lol.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Is there a reason everything but the Letter i is capitalized in all their vlog titles
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

blackroses wrote:Is there a reason everything but the Letter i is capitalized in all their vlog titles
Shaytards did the same thing. I think it's just to grab attention. Looks stupid to me.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Caisflame wrote:
blackroses wrote:Is there a reason everything but the Letter i is capitalized in all their vlog titles
Shaytards did the same thing. I think it's just to grab attention. Looks stupid to me.
I never noticed with them. It's incredibly irritating
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I can see why so many young children like them now, majority of parents don't let their 12 year olds get their nose pierced and get excited about it. If I was younger and saw that happening I would think they're the greatest parents in the world
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It's like they're all still mentally teenagers it's horrifying
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

I miss when they were just vegan fitness tv

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

And it looks like they're moving again.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I saw on an 8 passengers blog a few days back hundreds of comments saying "TOBY"...after a little sleuthing, I realized it was an "inside joke" as the tweens are calling it from this channel. They seem to have a pretty decent following. I skimmed through a few of their videos and I can tell why teens love them....so many period and bra references. !2 year olds eat that stuff up. I can't say I blame them, I probably would have loved to watch that stuff at that age. As an adult now who understands the foreverness of the internet, I find it pretty cringey and exploitative.
Sparklingdee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Sparklingdee »

Georgie and Darren are both so immature, I cant believe they are gonna be having another baby!!! They need to send Mia to a proper school. I cant believe Darren said that "the internet is a great substitute for school, you can learn anything" .... she is gonna be so far behind if she doesn't get back on track soon. They are quite blasé about her education, considering both of them went to a proper school etc.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sparklingdee wrote:Georgie and Darren are both so immature, I cant believe they are gonna be having another baby!!! They need to send Mia to a proper school. I cant believe Darren said that "the internet is a great substitute for school, you can learn anything" .... she is gonna be so far behind if she doesn't get back on track soon. They are quite blasé about her education, considering both of them went to a proper school etc.
They remind me of me when I was 15 I was exactly the same and it's scary
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Preslynn »

People like that give actual homeschooling a bad name. Ugh. I love homeschooling and don't think she needs to be in "proper school" per say but since those two seem unable to homeschool her right, she should be in an online based program.

Return to “A-H”