Haleigh Everts

OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Haleigh Everts

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

Haleigh (pronounced like Halle) doesn't have a thread here yet and I need other people to talk to about her channel and her blog. Quick rundown of who she is: She's an LDS convert. No one else in her family is Mormon, but she converted as a teenager and went to BYU, left the church then went back to the church. She met a guy who is LDS and they've gotten married and now have a baby.

Now for the rough stuff...her friends don't really like her husband, as they think he's controlling. And he is. When they were engaged, he told her that she had to be healthy or their relationship would not work, it was a deal breaker for him. She was never fat or anything. Her body before she lost weight is fine, in my opinion. But he basically controls what she eats, and would make comments if she ate something he deemed she shouldn't. The way she talks about it in her losing weight video is just sad to hear. And she doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it. She also talks about having a really rough time in their marriage where he really hurt her, but she doesn't say what it is he did. Her husband sounds like a controlling asshole, and it almost seems like she's with him because she was scared a "good Mormon boy" would never want her.

However, she's not so amazing in her own right. She just posted a video about not vaccinating, and I couldn't even watch all of it because, yeah, just no. And some other thoughts on her, are more of a personal difference than a ton of things about her, but yeah, she rubs me the wrong way. Also, I don't really know how she stays in good standing with her church, cause she seems to post pictures of her husband or herself in their garments.
jcollyard
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Haleigh Everts

Unread post by jcollyard »

I still watch all of her videos but find them to be so sad. Her husband sounds terrible. The fact that she is having to constantly defend everything she says about him says it all. Her life must be really lonely. I don’t understand at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

And she always blames herself when people call out her husband being pretty horrible to her. She says it's her fault, that she doesn't explain things well, and he's really great. I think he went for her because she had low self esteem and would be easy to control. She talks about how she's so lucky to have him, and she doesn't know how a good Mormon boy loved her and married her. So I think she believes that no one but him would love her, so she'll do anything to keep him.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

OnAPlaydate wrote:And she always blames herself when people call out her husband being pretty horrible to her. She says it's her fault, that she doesn't explain things well, and he's really great. I think he went for her because she had low self esteem and would be easy to control. She talks about how she's so lucky to have him, and she doesn't know how a good Mormon boy loved her and married her. So I think she believes that no one but him would love her, so she'll do anything to keep him.
Totally agree with everything you guys said. I've also noticed (from her IG live videos), people would ask for her opinion and she's always say something along the lines of "Whatever CJ (her husband) says, I listen to." It's sad. She seems like a nice person and she deserves better but it's like she just took anything.
Hoe4Christmas
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Hoe4Christmas »

this girl. i think she means well, but her husband sounds so degrading and she’s okay with it and defends him. it’s so sad. she posted that he hated her “flabby or chubby” arms. wtf. they looked normal. i find she looks skinny. she thinks she is large but is so frail. and listening to whatever your husband says? wtf! have your own opinion girl! btw #FreeIreland

ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

Wow. I went to her channel after seeing this thread and OMG. I felt bad for her at first because its super clear her husband is a controlling asshole. She kept saying how he basically only goes to class, plays sports and video games. Also the fact he is so controlling about her body is disgusting. However, I really disagree with a lot (most) of her opinions, and I believe some of them could be harmful. Like not vaccinating, wtf. And saying you should stay in an abusive relationship. Like, no.
Hoe4Christmas
Gossiper
Gossiper

ughpleasee wrote:Wow. I went to her channel after seeing this thread and OMG. I felt bad for her at first because its super clear her husband is a controlling asshole. She kept saying how he basically only goes to class, plays sports and video games. Also the fact he is so controlling about her body is disgusting. However, I really disagree with a lot (most) of her opinions, and I believe some of them could be harmful. Like not vaccinating, wtf. And saying you should stay in an abusive relationship. Like, no.

omg where did she say something about staying in an abusive relationship? saying that is absolutely disgusting, although it’s clear she has been brainwashed and possibly abused.

xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
ughpleasee wrote:Wow. I went to her channel after seeing this thread and OMG. I felt bad for her at first because its super clear her husband is a controlling asshole. She kept saying how he basically only goes to class, plays sports and video games. Also the fact he is so controlling about her body is disgusting. However, I really disagree with a lot (most) of her opinions, and I believe some of them could be harmful. Like not vaccinating, wtf. And saying you should stay in an abusive relationship. Like, no.

omg where did she say something about staying in an abusive relationship? saying that is absolutely disgusting, although it’s clear she has been brainwashed and possibly abused.

She's alluded to in her several videos saying that when you're going through trails in your relationship, you should try and try and not give up. That seems good on paper, but when you're actually going through major crap, it's not easy! And yeah, it's pretty obvious she's being controlled, abused, and brainwashed by her husband. I really hope this doesn't affect Ireland. Poor kid.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Also, did anyone catch her IG live where she answered a question about gay marriage/gay Mormons. I mean, I'm LDS myself and I was offended. I thought she was more accepting than that considering all that she's done in the past :/
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

I was talking about this one. Its about minute 14, but the whole video is a big ol' mess.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Did anyone catch her most recent IG lives? Yikes...
Hoe4Christmas
Gossiper
Gossiper

xclairecameronx wrote:Did anyone catch her most recent IG lives? Yikes...

GIVE ME THE DEETS

xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
xclairecameronx wrote:Did anyone catch her most recent IG lives? Yikes...

GIVE ME THE DEETS

It's on her IG right now! Lol it'd be easier for you to watch it than for me to write down everything... and there's a lot
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

I watched like 3/4 of the IG live (had class and had to leave lol). But, does anyone get the feeling other moms don't like her because she is super conservative and has some weird ass beliefs (anti-vaxxer, no medication). Like, I doubt they dislike her just because she doesn't feed Gold Fish to Ireland lol. And I still get a super weird vibe from her. I am not a Mormon, but are they all like her?
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

ughpleasee wrote:I watched like 3/4 of the IG live (had class and had to leave lol). But, does anyone get the feeling other moms don't like her because she is super conservative and has some weird ass beliefs (anti-vaxxer, no medication). Like, I doubt they dislike her just because she doesn't feed Gold Fish to Ireland lol. And I still get a super weird vibe from her. I am not a Mormon, but are they all like her?
I think it's because she's so close-minded. It doesn't even seem like she tries to make friends with other Mormon moms. Yeah, most of them can be pretty fake and judgemental, but there are some genuine and great ones out there! It's like she's sheltering herself and her daughter. I wonder how she'll be when she grows up. And about the weird vibe, how so? I'm LDS myself and know plenty of moms, some are weird, some are great.
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

xclairecameronx wrote:
ughpleasee wrote:I watched like 3/4 of the IG live (had class and had to leave lol). But, does anyone get the feeling other moms don't like her because she is super conservative and has some weird ass beliefs (anti-vaxxer, no medication). Like, I doubt they dislike her just because she doesn't feed Gold Fish to Ireland lol. And I still get a super weird vibe from her. I am not a Mormon, but are they all like her?
I think it's because she's so close-minded. It doesn't even seem like she tries to make friends with other Mormon moms. Yeah, most of them can be pretty fake and judgemental, but there are some genuine and great ones out there! It's like she's sheltering herself and her daughter. I wonder how she'll be when she grows up. And about the weird vibe, how so? I'm LDS myself and know plenty of moms, some are weird, some are great.
I don't know, so close-minded like you said, and judgmental. Also, the whole relationship with her husband (excusing behavior, calling her fat, etc.) is what freaks me out the most. I don't think she talked about it in the IG live, but on her videos. She just sounds very submissive and like she has no passions aside from her husband, the church, her daughter (having more kids) and makeup. Maybe it's just weird for me to hear someone preach so much (regardless of the religion, nothing against LDS). And yes, you are right. Very sheltered and she doesn't even seem to try to make friends.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

ughpleasee wrote:
xclairecameronx wrote:
I don't know, so close-minded like you said, and judgmental. Also, the whole relationship with her husband (excusing behavior, calling her fat, etc.) is what freaks me out the most. I don't think she talked about it in the IG live, but on her videos. She just sounds very submissive and like she has no passions aside from her husband, the church, her daughter (having more kids) and makeup. Maybe it's just weird for me to hear someone preach so much (regardless of the religion, nothing against LDS). And yes, you are right. Very sheltered and she doesn't even seem to try to make friends.
Gotcha. I don't think it's necessarily being LDS, I think it's because she feels hopeless without her husband. I mean, they only knew each other for over a month before getting engaged. Seems like she was just getting with whatever Mormon boy she could. Even if he treats her like crap. It's sad.

In her IG live she was saying that she felt like she needed to serve a mission but wasn't allowed to because she was unworthy. A girl asked her what she thought about girls serving missions and she broke down about how you know like women are supposed to get married and have a buncha children. Like what?!? Serving the Lord, especially at 19 or 20 years old is SO much more important than having babies.
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

xclairecameronx wrote:
ughpleasee wrote:
xclairecameronx wrote: I think it's because she's so close-minded. It doesn't even seem like she tries to make friends with other Mormon moms. Yeah, most of them can be pretty fake and judgemental, but there are some genuine and great ones out there! It's like she's sheltering herself and her daughter. I wonder how she'll be when she grows up. And about the weird vibe, how so? I'm LDS myself and know plenty of moms, some are weird, some are great.
Gotcha. I don't think it's necessarily being LDS, I think it's because she feels hopeless without her husband. I mean, they only knew each other for over a month before getting engaged. Seems like she was just getting with whatever Mormon boy she could. Even if he treats her like crap. It's sad.

In her IG live she was saying that she felt like she needed to serve a mission but wasn't allowed to because she was unworthy. A girl asked her what she thought about girls serving missions and she broke down about how you know like women are supposed to get married and have a buncha children. Like what?!? Serving the Lord, especially at 19 or 20 years old is SO much more important than having babies.
That makes sense! I agree, she clings to him for dear life. I guess its because of her past, and she feels like this is what is going to redeem her almost? But it is sad.
I thought that was odd too! Like, she can wait a couple more years to have kids! Plus, it would have been a really good way to sort of find herself and who she is before committing.
Thank you for answering so kindly to all my comments! Hopefully I did not say anything offensive :))
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

I don't know, so close-minded like you said, and judgmental. Also, the whole relationship with her husband (excusing behavior, calling her fat, etc.) is what freaks me out the most. I don't think she talked about it in the IG live, but on her videos. She just sounds very submissive and like she has no passions aside from her husband, the church, her daughter (having more kids) and makeup. Maybe it's just weird for me to hear someone preach so much (regardless of the religion, nothing against LDS). And yes, you are right. Very sheltered and she doesn't even seem to try to make friends.[/quote]

In her IG live she was saying that she felt like she needed to serve a mission but wasn't allowed to because she was unworthy. A girl asked her what she thought about girls serving missions and she broke down about how you know like women are supposed to get married and have a buncha children. Like what?!? Serving the Lord, especially at 19 or 20 years old is SO much more important than having babies.[/quote]

That makes sense! I agree, she clings to him for dear life. I guess its because of her past, and she feels like this is what is going to redeem her almost? But it is sad.
I thought that was odd too! Like, she can wait a couple more years to have kids! Plus, it would have been a really good way to sort of find herself and who she is before committing.
Thank you for answering so kindly to all my comments! Hopefully I did not say anything offensive :))[/quote]

YES! To redeem her. And yeah, she speaks as if having children is easy and that it's sunshine and rainbows and that's why she wants so many already. She's so young too! She has at least 15+ more years to have kids. It doesn't all have to happen now.
You are welcome! And no, you were not offensive at all :) I love getting conversations going!
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

"My husband says I need to have better posture." SO SAD... It's just "my husband said to do this, my husband said to do that" and she just follows along blindly. Seems like she married a parent, not a husband.

Return to “Haleigh Everts”