Derek & Liza

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Derek & Liza

Unread post by actuallydear »

I've been following along their journey for around a year - they are infertile and pursued adoption. Had 3 failed matches and finally got their baby girl, Charlotte, a month ago.

Anyone else watch these guys? And anyone else alarmed at their radio silence after their post 2 weeks ago, which said they would update in a couple of days... and that they were driving to Georgia from Florida.

I hope they are all safe, but no update is very out of character for them. They have made sure to keep everybody up to speed with their journey every step of the way. So... yeah, I'm worried.
I don't want to speculate, but I think something bad has happened with them. :/
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Derek & Liza

Holy crap. They updated with this:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 86fb50.jpg[/img]

I had a feeling something had happened regarding the adoption but I had hoped I was wrong. Absolutely heartbreaking for them to sign the papers, have the baby for 3 weeks and then have to hand her back. That is just cruel.
kblm6988
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kblm6988 »

My heart is broken for them. Their journey has been so emotionally exhausting and now this...
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Oh my god, my heart is broken seeing this. I cried seeing their video bringing Charlotte home, it was such a joyous moment...I cannot believe this. They have been through so much with this adoption journey...I don't know how they can recover after this devastating blow. I am guessing we won't get many details on what happened but does anyone familiar with adoption know what could have possibly happened?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

No longer with us as in the baby has passed away?

Edit, forgive me, English is not my first language and I've only ever heard "no longer with us" when someone has passed away. Reading more I see that doesn't seem to be the case.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Defuego wrote:No longer with us as in the baby has passed away?

Edit, forgive me, English is not my first language and I've only ever heard "no longer with us" when someone has passed away. Reading more I see that doesn't seem to be the case.
I would assume the mother changed her mind and took the baby back.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm not familiar with adoption laws but is that possible? For the birth mom to take the baby back after papers had already been signed and baby is home with adoptive parents?

As far as I know, a birth father was never mentioned to us, so I don't know if he was aware of baby and also signed papers.

Surely Derek and Liza have rights too?
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

I'm heart broken....
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

foreversoulmates wrote:I'm heart broken....
I only watched like two or three videos but I am too they seemed like genuinely good people and they deserve a child unlike these kind popping out 40 kids at a time.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

At this point I want to have a baby for them!!
So heartbreaking!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
pemak483
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by pemak483 »

How does that even happen?? I'm only familiar with international adoption from orphanages/institutions. There should be some protections in place so people can't get their hearts ripped out like that. So sad. I just can't even imagine.

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Kaylor1 wrote:At this point I want to have a baby for them!!
So heartbreaking!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Me too!
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I really want to know what happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Pineapples wrote:I really want to know what happened Image

Me too I've been checking everyday but I don't think we'll be updated for another week or two at least
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

In this case I really think the father or the fathers parents took the baby, but after 3 weeks? That's just incredibly messed up.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bit strange how they've posted to confirm the fundraising page is legit but continue to maintain radio silence on everything else. People are genuinely concerned about them

Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lennmama »

Pineapples wrote:Bit strange how they've posted to confirm the fundraising page is legit but continue to maintain radio silence on everything else. People are genuinely concerned about them Image

I've been watching them since their second match failed. I can't believe what awful luck this lovely couple seem to have.

With regards to posting, they've always seemed to keep details about their matches fairly private. I would imagine it'll be the same this time around. Plus, this has to be absolutely devastating for them. Posting about it is probably much too painful at the moment.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yeah, I’m not expecting any sort of explanation any time soon.

Everything seemed totally great between them and birth mom ‘Mama J’... they were close. Too close, IMO. Then they suddenly started implying there could be some issues that could arise. Naturally, people jumped to the conclusion Mama J was having doubts, or they were worried about her involvement. We never got any details, and then baby girl was born.... so all assumed to be fine and no dramas.

Or so we all were lead to believe.

It has been said that the cause of Charlotte no longer being with them came up out of no where. What could it have been? I mean, if baby daddy didn’t sign (either from not being aware of baby, or refusing to sign) surely they could have been told it is a possibility for him to find out about the baby? So that wasn’t like it popped up out of no where?

How on earth can an adoption agency allow papers to be signed by only one parent? The chances of that ending well are slim.

The money that they paid for the adoption to go ahead - does birth mom get any of that? Or does it only paying a legal fee side to the agency?

I dunno, something just doesn’t feel right. I don’t mean to imply on Derek and Liza’s part, either. I believe the wool was pulled over their eyes just as much.... they had a lot of contact with Mama J, so I’m sure if the adoption agency knew something - it was via her.

It’s all so strange.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I've not been watching long. Is the birth mum white? Because I saw a belly shot and it looked like white skin but the baby was so dark? Merely curious as my kids are mixed so the topic interests me.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Pineapples wrote:I've not been watching long. Is the birth mum white? Because I saw a belly shot and it looked like white skin but the baby was so dark? Merely curious as my kids are mixed so the topic interests me.

I was wondering the same thing. We're a blended biracial family so it intrigued me as well. The dad must be very dark skinned.

Return to “A-H”